Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Search Engines
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-02-24, 01:19 PM   #1
SwillMaker
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Finding the right keywords

If anyone has any insights on how to find relevent keywords I would like to hear them. I have been to adwords and google trends and typed in some search terms but I dont really know what to do with the data it returns. Take "amateur tgp" for example, low competition, 40K searches, and the search trends graph seems to be fairly high but so what? is it a good keyword to use? and the next search term listed is "tgp", also low competition but with 2.7mill searches per month. I find it hard to believe that "tgp" is a low competition search term. It seems to me that every tgp probably has "tgp" as a keyword. And just because I would search for "amateur tgp" doesn't mean that YOU would. Is there a place where I might get a list of something like, "people that searched for this term also searched for....". I have a hard time thinking outside of the box because, well, I live in my box.

Let me know what thoughts, ideas, tools etc you use.
Thanks gang
SwillMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 01:37 PM   #2
ArtWilliams
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to ArtWilliams
You have to think of them yourself, but an excellent tool to analyze them is Market Samurai. There is a trial version available and numerous free videos to help you through. I learned more about keywords in two weeks then I did in 4+ years. It is worth checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwillMaker View Post
If anyone has any insights on how to find relevent keywords I would like to hear them. I have been to adwords and google trends and typed in some search terms but I dont really know what to do with the data it returns. Take "amateur tgp" for example, low competition, 40K searches, and the search trends graph seems to be fairly high but so what? is it a good keyword to use? and the next search term listed is "tgp", also low competition but with 2.7mill searches per month. I find it hard to believe that "tgp" is a low competition search term. It seems to me that every tgp probably has "tgp" as a keyword. And just because I would search for "amateur tgp" doesn't mean that YOU would. Is there a place where I might get a list of something like, "people that searched for this term also searched for....". I have a hard time thinking outside of the box because, well, I live in my box.

Let me know what thoughts, ideas, tools etc you use.
Thanks gang
ArtWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 04:12 PM   #3
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwilliams View Post
You have to think of them yourself, but an excellent tool to analyze them is Market Samurai. There is a trial version available and numerous free videos to help you through. I learned more about keywords in two weeks then I did in 4+ years. It is worth checking out.
I ditto this, it is the only program I use, and I have the paid version.
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 03:34 PM   #4
SwillMaker

thanks for the link art. i have downloaded the trial version but havent installed it yet or started playing with it.
and thanks for answering my next question Red.
Old 2011-03-04, 03:36 PM   #5
SwillMaker

I need to vent

well i tried to install market samurai. it requires adobe air and i couldn't get that to install. so after reading through the abobe forums I hooked up with one of there engeneers in SF. he just finished a sharing session on my computer that lasted about 90min and he, along with the other guys in his office were stumped. he said what is happening on my mashine definately shouldn't happen. they are taking further steps and will be in contact with me again soon. plus i will have to contact the guys at market samurai as i only have 3 days left on my trial period and i haven't even got it to install yet!

very frustrating!
Old 2011-03-25, 07:48 AM   #6
smashits
Banned

One of the best thing you can do is look at the keyword of your competitors. See at what keyword their site is coming in top 10.

It's not necessary you beat them in main keyword. Choose keyword which have moderate competition and ranking can be achieved easily.
smashits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 10:53 AM   #7
CamsMaster
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashits View Post
One of the best thing you can do is look at the keyword of your competitors. See at what keyword their site is coming in top 10.

It's not necessary you beat them in main keyword. Choose keyword which have moderate competition and ranking can be achieved easily.
well said ! , I totally agree with that
CamsMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 12:11 AM   #8
bbwwebmaster
Internet! Is that thing still around?

I like a lot of what I'm reading. In addition to my adult work, I have a thriving website marketing practice and here's what we do. We look at your competition, we look at your pages and then we throw all the relevant keywords we've found into Google's ad tool and research the monthly global traffic as well as the trends. From this we focus on 10-15 keywords per landing page.

Any questions or a free SEO evaluation, just e-mail me at webmaster@bbw-heaven.net
bbwwebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote