Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-07-06, 11:03 AM   #1
matyko
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

"With a Little Help from My Friends" [Charity Thread]

Dear Fellow Webmasters,

I don’t know whether you have already heard; our dear friend and colleague
Humbolt, owner of Library of Thumbs had a recent tragic loss in his family. Due to these unforeseen circumstances, he hasn’t been able to attend to his daily duties as usual. If you submit to his site or have top spots running, you probably noticed the slow down.

His son passed away on June 15th, at the mere age of 21. They had no life insurance policy for the boy, and the costs of funeral and related expenses have exceeded $18,000. Needless to say, the huge expense of this tragic event resulted in a huge financial burden on Humbolt and his family, who are struggling to cope with this nightmare.

I extend my thoughts and prayers to his family, and ask our little community to join me in helping him out and donate as little, or as much as we feel is right to help his family out. I already started the donation by sending him $100.

Humbolt authorized me to post his PayPal address here, please feel free to send your donations to : usa1 at consolidated.net, or if you are an Epass user and want to help, you may contact him via the same email address or through ICQ 133-544-999

Your understanding, and help is very much appreciated.

God Bless & Regards,

Matyko
Old 2009-07-06, 01:17 PM   #2
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
i am very sorry to hear his son passed away, but there is my dutch thinking, here in holland, we dont have an life insurrance for our kids (yes you can but, an funaral insurrance will work also) ,but we do have an funeral inssurance for our kids ( hell we have to have that , the goverment forched us to that, for me i have an funeral insurrance the day my kids where born)...if they still live at home, i dont want to be disrespectful, but how come, asking for money, if you could have an inssurance for this, i expect you can have an insurrance for this also in usa or what ever country?
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:19 PM   #3
matyko
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

short update: I made a mistake, the PayPal address is usa01 at consolidated.net. Both emails belong to Humbolt, but this is the one assigned with their PayPal. The "usa1" one will decline all transfers, so no chance of sending funds to the wrong person.