Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-06-25, 11:40 PM   #1
krusher
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

opinions on using auto submitters?

I was wondering what are peoples thoughts on using auto submitters as in when to use them and how they are used. From what I read this can be a touchy subject.

Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts. Thanks.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 11:53 PM   #2
virgohippy
Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little... push.

I'm too scared to even attempt it... put my reputation on the line by using someone else's setup? |shocking|
Old 2006-06-26, 12:10 AM   #3
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

They will save you tremendous amounts of bandwidth in a very short time.

You will have very little traffic after you have been banned all over the place.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 12:12 AM   #4
krusher
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgohippy
I'm too scared to even attempt it... put my reputation on the line by using someone else's setup? |shocking|
I hear ya. I was thinking the same thing. I've noticed that I have not seen alot of talk about them on this board, but I thought I would ask.
Old 2006-06-26, 12:15 AM   #5
krusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo
They will save you tremendous amounts of bandwidth in a very short time.

You will have very little traffic after you have been banned all over the place.
Because I truely do not know, what is the big beef with using them? As long as your not breaking LL rules what's the problem.
Old 2006-06-26, 05:07 AM   #6
virgohippy
Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little... push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher
Because I truely do not know, what is the big beef with using them? As long as your not breaking LL rules what's the problem.
Not ever knowing if you're breaking the LL's rules?

Keep in mind that rules can, and do change from time to time. How are you going to know if you just use an auto-submitter all the time?
Old 2006-06-26, 10:08 AM   #7
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
I think the is not the auto sub that people don't like. It's the quality of the site and the door that will open if that restriction was removed. Imagine having to review 100 submits a day and 95 of them are either the same crap or just a complete and utter fuck job. It's not that hard to build a small list of sites to submit to. Build your site, set a day aside for submitting. There are some software packages that will make the process easier. Heck even the google toolbar with it's auto fill can help with filling in the same spots.
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 10:34 AM   #8
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
In 4 words..."Just don't do it"

There are many problems with them. VirgoHippy and Jugg hit on a couple of the issues. And I've yet to see one that creates a decent looking recip table.

They're just not worth the trouble...and the few sites that do accept auto submits generally won't send much if any traffic.

Get familiar with the sites you submit to...become known on these forums. Don't be afraid to interact with the link site owners you submit to. Once you've gotten your routine down, invest in a good form filler like RoboForm. But always, submit manually so you can make sure no rules have changed. Once you get good at it...submitting doesn't take long at all
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 12:02 PM   #9
karomesis
Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? It's full of nerds!

Send a message via ICQ to karomesis
Quote:
I'm not currently running a LL, but judging by the posts of some who are, they want you to submit by hand because they review by hand.

There are too many people who get into the industry thinking they'll make their first million in a month, and spam the living shit out of tgp's and LL with FHG and HFS using autosubmitters. Even if you're an honest guy, they will ban you so quick your head will spin if you pursue these methods.Well, the ones worth submitting to probably will.

And Mr Yum mentioned Robofiller, I would highly reccomend using it.
karomesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 01:38 PM   #10
Preacher
There's Xanax in my thurible!

Send a message via ICQ to Preacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgohippy
My Linklist has recently been input into an autosubmitter programs database with the incorrect link code. It doesn't even link to my site.

Anyone who subs using that auto-submitter with the incorrect recip code gets banned, because they don't even have the sense to check the work they are supposedly producing. If my link code isn't linked right, what else isn't linked correctly?
Old 2006-06-27, 11:41 PM   #11
krusher

Thanks for the clarification guys. I have heard similar thoughts on it but I thought I would ask.