Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2006-02-12, 01:56 AM   #1
tigermom
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to tigermom
Using Content by Sponsors

I have some good work force joining my team and am considering entering the Freesites game, along with my SEO text sites. I am doing a lot of reading, but have a question for now.

How bad is it using content from the sponsor? I don't mind investing in my own content, but I am not sure if there's an added benefit to it. I have a few sets of pictures that I purchased, and I have already seen them around, so it's not that paid content is exclusive or unique.

Also, using the sponsor's content, means my visitor actually gets to see a sample of the paysite that I'm promoting, which might make for an easier sale? I'm thinking text along the lines of "like this gallery? it's only a sample of the pleasures awaiting you at sponsor A".

So, what's your take on sponsor promo content? Is it a no-no, and if so, why?
Old 2006-02-12, 02:22 AM   #2
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Some sponsor content is waaaaaaay over used, and LL are either not going to list you, or you are on a "first come first served" basis. So if they have already seen that set of content submitted, and you submit, you are rejected.

Other sponsor content is very under used. For instance, I have a friend of mine that has an exclusive pregnant site and I build free sites occassionally for him, so his content isn't seen at all unless I build sites, or his google traffic, so the sites I build with it tend to get accepted.

I can't really list which are over used, which are under used, it really varies depending upon the link list, and by niche.

You are right, it IS nice to get a taste of what they will see inside, esp. if it is a solo girl site, or an exclusive site, it is hard to buy content that will fit. Just read the rules on the lists about sponsor content, so you don't spend a bunch of time building sites people won't accept. Just my 2 cents.
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 05:55 AM   #3
DJilla

Send a message via ICQ to DJilla
I used sponsor content for along time, still do when I can, I felt it was appropriate for just the same reasons you outlined. I was also suspicious of sponsors that didn't offer content and assummed that their sites were old and tired anyway. Once I got to the point where my sites where up to the quality of generally getting accepted I could tell which lists were not listing me and usually I could trace it back to sponsor content. Thing is many of those lists are ones you want to be on.

It finally came down to time managment. For all the time searching for sponsor content that WASN'T over used and then dealing with watermarks and the rejection of vid caps, and trying to build a site that fit into the content I had and all the other messing around, it just became more practical to buy a ton of content which I did just not too long ago. Now I'm focusing on building sites rather than scrolling through used content.
DJilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 08:02 AM   #4
tigermom

I guess there is also the question of figuring out which content is overused... I am looking through the promo sets provided by sponsors and honestly, I haven't the slightest idea which sets are overused and which look fresh (I'm afraid I don't surf freesites for my viewing pleasure lol).
Old 2006-02-12, 01:26 PM   #5
sue-fl

Send a message via ICQ to sue-fl
I buy all my content, and don't accept many sites on my LL that use sponsor content. Buying content isn't as bad you think though. I take my time and really look for sets that are either large that you can make two freesites out of, or sets that are older and on discount. You can also reuse the content you buy, six months down the road. So by paying $35 or less for a set that you can get two sites out of and get to use down the road works for me. All it takes is one sale from the freesite and you've made your money back.
sue-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 02:22 PM   #6
MeatPounder
Women might be able to fake orgasms But men can fake whole relationships

Just the same old problem...on any of the smaller solo sites there is no way to really promote them EXCEPT for using sponsor content.
All of them from Kat Vixen, to Little April, to Brooke Skye...I see no way around using content released from the site itself.
My biggest individual site ever as far as sales I don't even promote any more, Silver Cash's Gay Hitchhiker...For there is no way to promote it without his content.
That's probably why I don't do many free sites any more, for I have been into promoting single girl sites on TGP's...and link lists just do not like free sites with the girls content....they already have all I could offer as their own hosted free sites from the sponsor listed themselves.
I haven't even found a way to promote Cleo's Foxey Angel...even though I own licenses to over 500 megs of tranny content it really cannot be used to promote that site.
MeatPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 02:33 PM   #7
Toby
Lonewolf Internet Sales

Send a message via ICQ to Toby
I hear ya MeatPounder. Promoting solo girl sites on TGP's is still no easy chore. That's one of the top reasons that I have two TGP sites of my own. It gives me a place I know I can list my galleries.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 02:57 PM   #8
spookyx
Kodak Ghosts Run Amok

Many sponsors will give webmasters a UN/PW ( including us at lotzadollars.com ) to grab content to make freesites or galleries. It never hurts to email and ask them.

spookyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 04:18 PM   #9
Holister
Operator! Give me the number for 911!

Send a message via ICQ to Holister
Just go through the listing of a major linklist. I would say that is more matter of overpromoted sites more than overused content. Some sponsors offer hunderds of sets but I don't want have my lesbian category full of sapphic erotica sites for example, ever if the set is brand new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermom
I guess there is also the question of figuring out which content is overused... I am looking through the promo sets provided by sponsors and honestly, I haven't the slightest idea which sets are overused and which look fresh (I'm afraid I don't surf freesites for my viewing pleasure lol).

link exchange HERE
Holister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 05:46 PM   #10
tigermom

Well, I just created and submitted my first freesite -
http://www.gay-hunks.org/outdoor-jacking-off - feedback welcome

I did use sponsor content for it.

I don't mind spending money on content. Have done so in the past and will do it in the future. I have what I refer to as content websites where I sometimes use bought content just so I won't be tied up to a specific sponsor. Take for example my site - www.heavy-hangers.net

My point is more about promoting a site with content from that site so that the visitor gets a real sample of what's in store.

Thanks for all the replies everyone
Old 2006-02-12, 09:51 PM   #11
JoeBlack
I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me

Send a message via ICQ to JoeBlack
I would list it at my link list. Although if I really wanted to find something wrong I would say the copy right link at the bottom of your main page would put you over the 3 obl rule.

Also this wouldn't stop you from getting listed but I would say make your text a little bigger under your top banner on the index and on your hpa on your main.

GL
JoeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 10:07 PM   #12
emmanuelle
0100011101100101011001010 1101011001000000100001101 1010000110100101100011

Send a message via ICQ to emmanuelle
I think that some of the problems you speak of are due to sponsors who rely on purchased content for their websites. Often their licenses will not allow them to give it to affiliates, or are limited only to fhg/hfs.

As a sponsor, I would want you to use my content so as not to misrepresent our sites. We try to offer a good selection to affiliates, and are always willing to put together whatever they may need. If we don't have it, we'll even shoot it for you. [/spam]
emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 07:35 AM   #13
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

As others have said, sponsor content is way over used...but there are many advantages and how to get around and do well with it. I am just working on something to help webmasters who create free gallery sites, so drop me a PM (private message) if you want some info.

Another option is to stay on top of new content releases by sponsors but don't be afraid to contact them for something specific if you need to. You'd be surprised that there are a few who will help you out with options.
Old 2006-02-14, 10:00 AM   #14
tigermom

I can see how the promo content offered by the big Sponsors is probably way overused, but what about smaller niche sites? Is it really possible that LL reviewers have seen it ALL??

NetGoonie, just PM'ed you
Old 2006-02-14, 10:12 AM   #15
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

Actually, there's probably like over 200 sponsors out there big and small and then the individual ones that use ccbill on their own. Quick answer though is nope, I bet most have not seen them all or at least recognized them because most seem to go to the big sponsor names which is how you get the over saturation.

To be honest, I do well with a select list of about 10 big sponsors (but all are the not the common ones most use) and I do use many small individual ones. Most of the small ones I use are ccbill based.

Anyways, I will check out your PM now, then its off to bed I go due to the 16 hours I just did...lol
Old 2006-02-14, 11:57 AM   #16
dareutwo
You can't disprove anything with evidence that doesn't exist

Basically everything has been covered already.
Most sponsor content is way overused.
Smaller niche stuff still gets listed occasionally though.
It all comes down to time like DJilla says.
I vary rarely use sponsor content (well except on Marks of course)
As to how much content does a reviewer know of? You'd be surprised