Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-06-03, 09:24 AM   #1
Sinistress
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Backwards Galleries???

Just a quick question/observation..

I'm going through all my sponsors collecting FHG links for a site I'm building, and I'm noticing a very odd trend with some of the galleries out there.

A number of galleries start out with the hardcore pics, and end with the couple back in clothes. One of the amateur galleries was a play by play of her getting dressed. It wasn't her getting undressed with the pictures backwards, it was actually the girl started out naked, and pictures of her putting her clothes back ON.

From a marketing perspective, I've got to wonder is there a reason for this? Is the idea to not work the surfer up to being horny and left wanting to see more by the time they get to the pictures at the bottom, which encourages them to click through to the sponsor? The way some of these are built, if I were looking at it from a surfer's perspective, I'm not so sure I'd be horny anymore at the end of these galleries.

Thoughts anybody? I'm not going to name sponsors because it is something I'm noticing in quite a few sponsors... just wondering if there's an advantage... maybe it works like reverse psychology?
Old 2005-06-03, 10:08 AM   #2
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
Sounds like they did'nt take the time to put the pictures in order, wheither no time or being lazy. No idea if there is an advantage myself, course not an expert in galleries, maybe a mind thing, hey the girl is getting dressed, I better click on the link to see her naked again...

ronnie
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-03, 11:31 AM   #3
wolfie
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

Send a message via ICQ to wolfie
Sounds weird for me but I don't do galleries much either. Maybe they use automatic system that throw pics where ever it wants.

With freesites it's been always worked much better for me to keep pics in order. Plus many LLs require this. Clothes on at first and in the end little flashing of skin to seduce surfer click banner after last pic.

Usually I try to find that "special" picture from set where girl is smiling nice, seducing way etc. and drop that as a last picture.
If surfers ever get into that page tho.
wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-03, 01:53 PM   #4
the New Shemp
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistress
Just a quick question/observation..

I'm going through all my sponsors collecting FHG links for a site I'm building, and I'm noticing a very odd trend with some of the galleries out there.

A number of galleries start out with the hardcore pics, and end with the couple back in clothes. One of the amateur galleries was a play by play of her getting dressed. It wasn't her getting undressed with the pictures backwards, it was actually the girl started out naked, and pictures of her putting her clothes back ON.

From a marketing perspective, I've got to wonder is there a reason for this? Is the idea to not work the surfer up to being horny and left wanting to see more by the time they get to the pictures at the bottom, which encourages them to click through to the sponsor? The way some of these are built, if I were looking at it from a surfer's perspective, I'm not so sure I'd be horny anymore at the end of these galleries.

Thoughts anybody? I'm not going to name sponsors because it is something I'm noticing in quite a few sponsors... just wondering if there's an advantage... maybe it works like reverse psychology?
it's called "lazy"
it takes a minute or two to out the pix in order..too much work for some webbies...