Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-05-25, 10:44 PM   #1
Calliope
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Send a message via ICQ to Calliope
Red face New 2257

Hi All,

This is my first post into a forum ever. Which is probably pretty amazing since I have been VERY involved with the internet for over 8 years (I work for an ISP).
I am a new "webmaster", okay I am one of a group who is starting a new site and am starting to become overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I need to learn in order to keep my site legal. I am the administration arm of the group.
We have a free site and am wondering if the the affiliates out there are addressing the new 2257 stuff? As in, are they making all the required information readily available for their "secondary" producers? I have searched the sites of our current affilates and really don't find anything useful.

We are already thinking of finding a lawyer with experience to review our site but since all of you are the ones with the experience, I thought I would ask.

I also want to tell all of you how much I have learn over the last few days. This site is a tool that I will use daily from now until I have to get new eyes because the first set was destroyed from all the reading.
Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-25, 10:51 PM   #2
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

See this thread
http://greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=19962
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-26, 09:10 AM   #3
Calliope
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Send a message via ICQ to Calliope
Thanks - That is what I was looking for!
Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-26, 12:33 PM   #4
Ann Omness
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

I haven't heard anything from any of the sponsors yet about sending me the 2257 documentation I'd need to display their images. When I get time, I'll start writing them emails, as well as to all the content providers I've purchased from over the years. I have a suspicion that most will not be willing to give all that personal information about the models to every webmaster who asks.

After that, I have half a million images on a thousand websites to go through and write down the URLs for each one with the accompanying model information. The government's giving me 30 days to do that. That works out to documenting 12 images/second if I work on it 24 hours/day to complete the task in time. Wish me luck!
Old 2005-05-26, 01:27 PM   #5
cellinis
They have the Internet on computers, now?

Ann,

Reality Cash and Naughty America are getting it ready and I'm sure the others are too.