Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-10, 12:02 AM   #1
moveup07
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Send a message via ICQ to moveup07
Freesite Category Selection

Ok, to me this sounds like a dumbass question to have to ask - but since I am submitting freesites I wanna hear from some people who are experienced;p

When selecting which category to submit to and recip to use what do you do when you have movies? I notice that most LLs have a Movie category, but I also notice that in the listings for any category there are movies mixed in with pics and the movie pages generally use the niche recip as opposed to the movie recip.

The surprising part is that I have been to about 30 sites today to submit my first real freesite and none of them cover this in rules. I'm just a bit confused and wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing

Also - if anyone has any tips on how to improve my site I would appreciate it:
http://www.mostwantedniches.com/fs/9-9/
moveup07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 01:45 AM   #2
Jel
I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare

Literally just woke up here so won't do a review of your freesite, but in answer to your question, sub movie freesites to the relevant category, and use the niche recip rather than the catch-all movie category/recip that some LLs have. You'll have no probs at all at any LL that counts
Jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:54 AM   #3
tigermom
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to tigermom
Yeah, you can run a search about it too, I remember several discussions about this, all reaching the same point - it's best to submit to your niche and not to the general movie category. That way you get better filtered traffic to your FS.

As for your freesite, looks good for a first FS! I didn't check the movies, but here are a few comments about the pages themselves -

1. On your warning page - essentially, you only have one link to your sponsor on the main page, but your HTML makes it into two links. Use a structure of <a href><image tag><break><text><close href> and you can get both banner and text linked using one href. Then, even with a counted Exit link, you could still safely add another link to your sponsor somewhere on the page (or to your hub or whatever).

2. On your main page, again, you can add another link to your sponsor. You don't have to have the 2257 link there either (btw, I just never link my 2257 statement, just leave it unlinked, saves on PR and I don't want surfers going there anyway).

3. On your main page you have "enter here" on a banner. Then you have "Enter" in one of the text links in the gallery. Some reviewers might reject your site because of that.