Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-01-20, 03:17 PM   #26
Bishop
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Send a message via ICQ to Bishop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfn
The email suggested that questions could be answered there and when I went there it's open to anyone. Not just affiliates. That is not what I was looking for.

I'm sorry to have hijacked this thread guestcam. I'm finished posting here.
Suggested questions could be answered there? That is way wrong. Please do me a favor and send me the email you received - bishop@aebn.net. This is an example of something we need to know about. I thought the rep simply mentioned the new site. If they are referring people over to the site for anything other than its intended purpose then we have a serious problem. Please take a moment and forward me the email.

Thanks.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 03:40 PM   #27
Bishop

Surfn is this the email you got from Daniel?

"Hello Surfn,

It’s Daniel, your account rep for AEBN. I hope you had a good Holiday and a good New Year. AEBN has been working on a new site to promote communication with people in the adult industry, www.xpeeps.com. If you haven’t checked it out, please do.

If you need anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Daniel"

This was simply a holiday greeting that happens to mention the new site.

xpeeps is a blog community for both industry and non-industry people. It is not a support forum for studios and affiliates. It is a place for industry folks to create bios and interact with each other.. as well as market to the consumers. You as someone with an account on AEBN could create an account on xpeeps and put in your AEBN ID so any VOD sales that took place from your pages would be associated to your AEBN account. If you use the bulletin feature you can tell all your friends aka xpeeps about your sites or your models. This is simply a tool to market.

If you have questions I'm sure Daniel will do his best to address them. As I said before if you don't get your questions answered please escalate your concerns. We can't do a better job if nobody tells us about problems.
Old 2006-01-20, 03:41 PM   #28
spazlabz
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to spazlabz Send a message via AIM to spazlabz Send a message via Yahoo to spazlabz
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestcam
Because of two factors. 1. I had not heard that 'aebn will hire anybody'.
and if you read this job description
Man! if that's true i gots to get me an ap in over at AEBN! The company is awesome!

spaz
Old 2006-01-20, 04:19 PM   #29
Bishop

I'm going to be heading out of town here in a few minutes. I've ask Gonzo to keep an eye on this thread for me. If anyone has any concerns always feel free to contact me. I will do everything I can to get problems resolved. We all have enough work to do managing sites and generating traffic it shouldn't be difficult to deal with sponsors.

I appreciate everyones input. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 2006-01-20, 06:31 PM   #30
droopy420
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via ICQ to droopy420 Send a message via Yahoo to droopy420
Call Daniel and I'm sure he'll help you out. He's my rep and he's called twice just to verify information.
Old 2006-01-21, 04:32 PM   #31
IreneBoss
Internet! Is that thing still around?

EL HORREEBLAY!

Run away! LOL

Many years ago before DVD, I gave them a stack of VHS. They signed contracts, the whole 9 yeards, but they never put my stuff up. Then, the very same films began to get pirated in Montana and North Dakota. When I caught the guy through a private detective it turned out that he was associated with an old emplyee of theirs. What an awful mess! HotMovies is chasing me but I won't sign up with them either.
I'm pretty jaded I guess. I survived the CCBill server issues (remember the spying bots on their ports? If you didn't babysit your pennywize you were screwed) and I also survived GloBill. I don't put all my eggs in one basket with Verotel either.

My advise - don't give your money or content to anyone else if you can help it. Make the customers come directly to your site(s) to watch or buy your content. The big companies have so many damn producers anyway. If you are a little guy like me, do they really need you?

Irene
IreneBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 04:40 PM   #32
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

Hey Gonzo....question for you in regards to the AEBN cinemas....I signed up before and on a positive note, there is a BIG selection of movies etc....my only beef is and when talking with others, they even agree that the templates really needs some attention. Is there any plans to upgrade to something better in the near future? I do have a couple ideas in mind but won't put them in open here but can share with you....very secret design concept hehe
Old 2006-01-21, 04:50 PM   #33
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneBoss
Run away! LOL

Many years ago before DVD, I gave them a stack of VHS. They signed contracts, the whole 9 yeards, but they never put my stuff up. Then, the very same films began to get pirated in Montana and North Dakota. When I caught the guy through a private detective it turned out that he was associated with an old emplyee of theirs. What an awful mess! HotMovies is chasing me but I won't sign up with them either.
I'm pretty jaded I guess. I survived the CCBill server issues (remember the spying bots on their ports? If you didn't babysit your pennywize you were screwed) and I also survived GloBill. I don't put all my eggs in one basket with Verotel either.

My advise - don't give your money or content to anyone else if you can help it. Make the customers come directly to your site(s) to watch or buy your content. The big companies have so many damn producers anyway. If you are a little guy like me, do they really need you?

Irene
Can you please email gonzo@aebn.net or PM me the name of this employee that you gave your VHS tapes to? I certainly hope you pressed charges against the pirated sites as well as the ex-employee. I know I would have.

What site is it that you run?

I will make sure Bishop sees this latest reply.
I certainly dont agree with your advice of "hoard your content all to yourself". Proper licensing of your content to develop a brand seems to be better advice. You only need to look at Jenna to see how that can be done sucessfully. I am confident she wouldnt be the brand that she is now had she chose to not license her content. The woman is everywhere and possibly the shrewdest person in the business when it comes to marketing.

As an aside...Ive probably been around longer than you have and used CCBill and Pennywise in conjunction as well. I dont recall any CCBill bots watching ports that effected Pennywise. I would be interested in hearing more about this issue though.

The only company you didnt name an issue with was Paycom/Epoch and Im sure there are many of us that can recall they days of..."You'll get paid when I get paid." And to their credit they have survived those problems of the past.

You have your own merchant account now I hope?

This would probably would be good in a different thread as it has nothing to do with AEBN or customer support.

Last edited by GonZo; 2006-01-21 at 05:22 PM..
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 05:14 PM   #34
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetGoonie
Hey Gonzo....question for you in regards to the AEBN cinemas....I signed up before and on a positive note, there is a BIG selection of movies etc....my only beef is and when talking with others, they even agree that the templates really needs some attention. Is there any plans to upgrade to something better in the near future? I do have a couple ideas in mind but won't put them in open here but can share with you....very secret design concept hehe
I love the theatres. They are one of the best ways in the world to drive traffic to AEBN. I am thankful that Erin [my rep at the time] was persistant in contacting me so that I could have the custom ones built.
I went from no revenue to an ever growing source of revenue.

Before I answer your questions on the templates I should mention that the job I do for AEBN is not in the webmaster affiliate department and I work from Atlanta not Charlotte so I miss out on a lot of fast moving developments.

It is my understanding that the development team has many site improvements on the wish list that are being rolled out bit by bit each day. So there are good things coming and in some cases are already here. The infrastructure that is in place up there is mind boggling. I think someone said the other day that we are up to almost 50K of movies in the system. So yes the selection is pretty large and chances are that if your surfer is looking for a specific title...its on the system ready for them to purchase.

This is a great thread because it gives me a chance to say that you should work closer with your rep. They were hired to be dedicated to your success. Input from the affiliates is always welcomed as well as acted upon.

There was an issue with the FHG's a few months ago. Affiliates expressed concern to the reps and as a result more servers were put in place to address the issue.

If you dont know who your rep is just log into aebn.net with your affiliate id and go to the account admin tab. The name of your rep is under AEBN Agent... with their email address and phone extension.

I would be happy to answer any questions [so would Bishop] if needed. Your account rep is going to have more current information that will impact your success than we will.

I will also see that Bishop sees this post as well.

Last edited by GonZo; 2006-01-21 at 05:25 PM..
Old 2006-01-21, 06:13 PM   #35
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

Hey Gonzo....cheers! I haven't used my affiliate acct for a long time (almost 2 years) so I will see if I can still login, if not, I will contact AEBN.
Old 2006-01-21, 06:19 PM   #36
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetGoonie
Hey Gonzo....cheers! I haven't used my affiliate acct for a long time (almost 2 years) so I will see if I can still login, if not, I will contact AEBN.
Should work. Mine hasnt changed in years!

Ask your rep about the 15 minute giveaway.
Old 2006-01-23, 11:30 AM   #37
chilihost
Look at 'em. Watchin' my TV. Sittin on my couch. You better not be in my ass groove!

I have used AEBN for years and have never had any problems with them. They are good value!

cheers,
Luke
Old 2006-01-23, 01:54 PM   #38
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
I've been promoting them for a while. I agree, reps are not always the most helpfull. I can understand turnover but does kinda suck to have a new rep every couple months, so it seems. Worst comes to worst, go to the top and get your answer. Bishop has helped me on the spot before..

One thing I have found with the reps, unless it's building a theater, they are not always much help.

ronnie
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 02:22 PM   #39
guestcam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilihost
I have used AEBN for years and have never had any problems with them. They are good value!

cheers,
Luke
so then you would not have had any need to request help from customer support?

anyway, I am pretty sure this topic has been covered, answered, and put to bed................
guestcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 06:50 PM   #40
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestcam
so then you would not have had any need to request help from customer support?

anyway, I am pretty sure this topic has been covered, answered, and put to bed................
I am still availible to help you with your problem.
What was it again you were calling support for help with?
Old 2006-01-24, 06:05 PM   #41
Altheon
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Send a message via ICQ to Altheon
Overall I like them. I've had a few customers that just keep coming back every month to watch a movie or two. The payouts come on time and in full.

As far as customer support goes it's better than a lot of companies I've tried to contact i.e. at least they get back to me. Of course if you want them to do something like a custom theater, then get ready for a very, very, very long wait.

-A
Altheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:22 AM   #42
LB
I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute

Send a message via ICQ to LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altheon
Overall I like them. I've had a few customers that just keep coming back every month to watch a movie or two. The payouts come on time and in full.

As far as customer support goes it's better than a lot of companies I've tried to contact i.e. at least they get back to me. Of course if you want them to do something like a custom theater, then get ready for a very, very, very long wait.

-A
Actually Altheon, we got our theaters back in about 24 hours or so. Granted they approached us to do them, but the turnaround was like lightning.

Maybe you just inherited a 'shelf rep' instead of a 'core rep' ?
LB is offline   Reply With Quote