Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-08-05, 06:12 PM   #1
DirtyDani
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

What is the point?

I came across this program:

http://www.tgpsuccess.com and I really don't see what these people do for webmasters besides share in on their profit for a few gallery templates and some content... I actually tried to sign up just to see what it was that they had to offer and they declined my application because I stated that I was curious to check them out and decide if they had enough to offer before I let them take half the revenue from my sign ups...

Sounds kind of like they target ppl who can't build a decent gallery and don't know where to look for sponsor content...

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Thanks!

Danielle
DirtyDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-05, 06:19 PM   #2
GeorgeTH
Don't let a programmer design your front-end pages!

Sounds like another way some Russians are trying to make money of newbies...

But I can't see the point, either (other than them making money - despite the claim "That won't even cover Your expenditure"...)
Old 2005-08-05, 06:50 PM   #3
swedguy
Vagabond

Send a message via ICQ to swedguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeTH
Name Andru Garou
Company TGPSUCCESS.COM
Email Address garou@tgpsuccess.com
Address Chaussee de Waterloo, 260, Rhode St. Genese
City Brussels
State null
Zip 1640
Country BE
Tel No. +32.5909090

BE = Belgium
swedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-05, 07:22 PM   #4
madleinx
Trying is the first step towards failure

Send a message via ICQ to madleinx
It looks like the sponsors pay them, and then they pay you a percentage of that at the end of the pay period (which is one month). If you submit a gallery a day, you could make $100 after 1-2 months (yes, it says that!). They will be happy to provide you with gallery templates at $7 a pop (who wants to bet that they're FHG templates with the pics stripped out?). For $10 a month, they will give you a submitter program (that I've never even heard of) so you can submit one gallery a day from one domain (which they assign you). And you're only allowed to submit galleries for the sponsors they list (gee, wonder why).

I can't decide if I'm more amused or angry. I am laughing though
Old 2005-08-05, 07:43 PM   #5
DirtyDani

and what's with all the You's and Your's being capped? Looks like some sort of weird s&m marketing technique to make the surfer feel like the "Master". Well it's all anyway.
DirtyDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-06, 03:43 AM   #6
Garou
Lord help me, I'm just not that bright

Send a message via ICQ to Garou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeTH

But I can't see the point, either (other than them making money - despite the claim "That won't even cover Your expenditure"...)
u don't like the fact that i am half russian and now live in russia? You would not have yelled about this if u had any decency, my friend
Old 2005-08-06, 03:51 AM   #7
Garou

Quote:
Originally Posted by madleinx
It looks like the sponsors pay them, and then they pay you a percentage of that at the end of the pay period (which is one month). If you submit a gallery a day, you could make $100 after 1-2 months (yes, it says that!). They will be happy to provide you with gallery templates at $7 a pop (who wants to bet that they're FHG templates with the pics stripped out?). For $10 a month, they will give you a submitter program (that I've never even heard of) so you can submit one gallery a day from one domain (which they assign you). And you're only allowed to submit galleries for the sponsors they list (gee, wonder why).

I can't decide if I'm more amused or angry. I am laughing though

u'r half right, except for that scepticism

here's what we actually do:
1. host galleries and LLs, providing all needed counters etc
2. allow to download content from our content base (picture sets and movies optimized for posting). Well actually u don't d/l it - u upload it to your domain directly from our base of content and crop thumbs right on the server side. Very handy. We have more than 1000 sets of licensd content + sponsor's content. We also have paid content for advanced users.
3. We provide a domain name - yes. Feel free to host ur own domain though.
4. We sell submitting software for low price
5. We pay directly to webmasters. U can even order payment for july on august 01 and we'll pay you ('urgent payment' for $10 fee) even though we haven't received the money yet from sponsor.
6. We help with EVERYTHING. Credit you with money so that u could buy partner accounts and so on.. damn lot's of things we do
Old 2005-08-06, 03:55 AM   #8
Garou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDani
I came across this program:

http://www.tgpsuccess.com and I really don't see what these people do for webmasters besides share in on their profit for a few gallery templates and some content... I actually tried to sign up just to see what it was that they had to offer and they declined my application because I stated that I was curious to check them out and decide if they had enough to offer before I let them take half the revenue from my sign ups...

Sounds kind of like they target ppl who can't build a decent gallery and don't know where to look for sponsor content...

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Thanks!

Danielle
Danielle, i contacted u on icq just after i've seen ur application and u seemed to be a nice guy But u told me that u were just curious about what is tgpsuccess.comand nothing more. We have a guest accounts for this purpose (it has limited access - u won't see everything we have under guest account). This was the reason for a decline. Feel free to contact me and i'll give u a guest access so that u could check out what we have
Old 2005-08-06, 03:58 AM   #9
Garou

one more thing 50% is the highest share we take - it happens if a user is not making much money at all (up to $200 a month). We actually take around 20% average - trust me it's cheaper then if u work alone (in general)
Old 2005-08-06, 05:47 AM   #10
Jeka
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

20% is exactly the amount that RevShareHosting.com takes from you, but they always take the same % no matter how much money you make. In my opinion you don't offer anything special that anybody couldn't get for a small investment himself, i.e. submission program.
Jeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-06, 10:57 AM   #11
Garou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeka
20% is exactly the amount that RevShareHosting.com takes from you, but they always take the same % no matter how much money you make. In my opinion you don't offer anything special that anybody couldn't get for a small investment himself, i.e. submission program.
RSH is great but they do not provide you with neither content, nor personal help, nor in time payments, nor credits, nor tgp related closed forum for members, nor other assistance except for hosting. Hosting is only a small part of what we have. |king|
Old 2005-08-06, 12:23 PM   #12
Garou

btw RSH doesn't take 20%. They take out 0%-30% to be precise
Old 2005-08-06, 07:44 PM   #13
DirtyDani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garou
Danielle, i contacted u on icq just after i've seen ur application and u seemed to be a nice guy

HOLY SHIT!!! Were'd that penis come from????!!!!!

Oh...wait... I'm not a guy
Old 2005-08-06, 08:46 PM   #14
Garou

haha, sorry
Old 2005-08-08, 12:38 AM   #15
GeorgeTH
Don't let a programmer design your front-end pages!

Quote:
u don't like the fact that i am half russian and now live in russia? You would not have yelled about this if u had any decency, my friend
Ooops - looks like I put my foot in my mouth (once again) - but then again: thank your fellow citizens for the reputation russians have in adult.
Old 2005-08-08, 02:53 AM   #16
Jeka
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Quote:
btw RSH doesn't take 20%. They take out 0%-30% to be precise
Well to be exact they pay 75% to 100% of standard payouts as stated in ther TOS. On average 80%!
Old 2005-08-08, 02:57 AM   #17
Jeka

Quote:
RSH is great but they do not provide you with neither content, nor personal help, nor in time payments, nor credits, nor tgp related closed forum for members, nor other assistance except for hosting. Hosting is only a small part of what we have. |king|
Well I never asked for "assistance" but I'm sure Maestro would always be willing to help someone out.
If you have reached the minimum payout they pay on time. There are 100's of free TGP related forums and most sponsors provide content for free
Old 2005-08-08, 05:20 AM   #18
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

Change your whois info to your russian address please...
Old 2005-08-08, 07:20 AM   #19
Garou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeka
Well to be exact they pay 75% to 100% of standard payouts as stated in ther TOS. On average 80%!
yes, on average that will be 80% (27%-0%)
Old 2005-08-08, 07:22 AM   #20
Garou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz
Change your whois info to your russian address please...
i don't think it's necessry to change ur whois everytime u change ur place of living (every half a year). Though maybe ur right and maybe i should...