Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   At the end of this week I will never paint again (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=33399)

juggernaut 2006-08-02 11:08 PM

At the end of this week I will never paint again

That's right you heard me. I have been painting this house with the wife for 2 weeks now and will never lift a brush/roller again. I think my arms are broken from doing the ceilings tonight.
Heres what I learned.
1)Never let a woman paint a room.
2) Never paint red
3) put your foot down when your gut tells you to.

Now heres my reasons.
1) Most women I know either have no real eye for design and want to make shit way to over the top. Frilly shit and flowers and fucked up colors. One room is green, one room is pink one room has a big red wall. My wife thinks the whole house is her new cam room lol. My toughts are, simple is best. Nutral colors. Less to clean, rooms look bigger and most important people think the less in a room the more costly shit is so they either leave fast or just don't touch shit. Both are fine with me.
2) Wife insisted on a maroon color. well 1 wall and 2 gallons later I will never touch that wall again. Something about the pigment in red toned paints make them very hard to cover any color on a wall, even white. God dam it still boggles my mind 1 10ft long wall and 2 fucking gallons at $25 each. Well at least the color will cover the blood stains when I freak out.
3) Should have told the wife NO on the red and should have just put the foot down when the wife did not want to do the trim in the rooms. We had to do it anyway and it would have just stopped 2 days of argueing.

God we dont even have any furniture in the house and she is already talking about placing the tv on an outside corner of the room. That's right, not inside a corner. The outside so anyone who walks by can either knock it over or break their toes. Wonderful, lawsuits are comming.

Maj. Stress 2006-08-03 12:25 AM

I understand your pain. An airless sprayer can save hours of work. :)
A good primer will stop the red from bleeding through another color. And you are on your own trying to convince the wife your way is better. I have never won that game. |catfight|

terry 2006-08-03 08:15 AM

Yikes! I agree with you buddy. Good luck!

SirMoby 2006-08-03 09:40 AM

Good words of warning since the the lovely Nataliya is interested in painting our daughter's room

MrYum 2006-08-03 10:29 AM

Ouch! Ummm...yea, red walls are baaaad |banghead|

Bought a house many years ago that had been owned previously by a little old lady with really really bad taste. Long story, but suffice it to say...took over 30 gallons of paint to cover a 1500 sq ft townhouse. Blue rooms...green rooms...YIKES!

Oh, and a green bathroom with purple towels. She insisted on leaving the towels because they matched that bathroom soooo well |loony|

Good luck Jugg...hope you and the wife both survive!

sue-fl 2006-08-03 12:04 PM

Hi Jugg! I know what you mean with red walls, been there done that will never do it again. Yellow is another pain in the ass to paint!

Sorry but I'm with your wife, I think colors are great! All white or beige walls are boring!

bluemoney 2006-08-03 01:17 PM

Yur Fuked!
Sincerely, Roman Morani

MrYum 2006-08-03 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoney
Yur Fuked!
Sincerely, Roman Morani

Farging iceholes :D

lorsha 2006-08-03 01:43 PM

My condolences hun. Hope these cheer you up! |boobies|

bluemoney 2006-08-03 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorsha
My condolences hun. Hope these cheer you up! |boobies|

I think a peek up that Tennis skirt might do the trick :D

Useless 2006-08-03 05:08 PM

We painted one of the livingrooms in this shit-hole Tibetan Red. That's a deeeeep red. I do agree that it is difficult to produce an even covering coat with red. But we both like color. If we wanted neutral colors, we'd rent. ;)

juggernaut 2006-08-04 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrYum
Ouch! Ummm...yea, red walls are baaaad |banghead|

Bought a house many years ago that had been owned previously by a little old lady with really really bad taste. Long story, but suffice it to say...took over 30 gallons of paint to cover a 1500 sq ft townhouse. Blue rooms...green rooms...YIKES!

Oh, and a green bathroom with purple towels. She insisted on leaving the towels because they matched that bathroom soooo well |loony|

Good luck Jugg...hope you and the wife both survive!

Thank you all for the words of support. We are finnally done with the painting 100%. I started on the bathroom last night. MrYum I think your old people and my old people are related. My bathroom is purple and white. I pulled out the vanity last night that the old man decided it would be a good idea to embed into the tile. The vanity, purple, the tile white with purple specs, wish me luck on matching that bad boy. I think Im just going to rip it all out, besides something about a purple tub and toilet don't do it for me. The ex-home owner left us the purple towels cause they matched also. We used them to wipe up paint lol

juggernaut 2006-08-04 12:43 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~rfulgoni/house/

Btw there is a pic someplace of that nasty bathroom.

MrYum 2006-08-04 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggernaut
Thank you all for the words of support. We are finnally done with the painting 100%. I started on the bathroom last night. MrYum I think your old people and my old people are related. My bathroom is purple and white. I pulled out the vanity last night that the old man decided it would be a good idea to embed into the tile. The vanity, purple, the tile white with purple specs, wish me luck on matching that bad boy. I think Im just going to rip it all out, besides something about a purple tub and toilet don't do it for me. The ex-home owner left us the purple towels cause they matched also. We used them to wipe up paint lol

Yikes...just looked at the pics...yep, there HAD to be some family relation there. Yanno...a sledgehammer is always an option :D

Damn nice looking house though Jugg...with some 'making it your own'...gonna be a great home |thumb

Umm...I have to ask...who's the blonde on the steps??? Will leave it at that before I get myself in trouble :D

Erick G 2006-08-04 11:56 PM

that red is making me blind:)
but im sure once it dry's it will be fine.
I painted my home theater wall where the screen is pure black and I cant imagine painting a house let alone a house.

juggernaut 2006-08-05 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrYum
Yikes...just looked at the pics...yep, there HAD to be some family relation there. Yanno...a sledgehammer is always an option :D

Damn nice looking house though Jugg...with some 'making it your own'...gonna be a great home |thumb

Umm...I have to ask...who's the blonde on the steps??? Will leave it at that before I get myself in trouble :D

LOL you can not get yourself in trouble asking, Hell UW makes it very clear about his fillings towards her and it don't bother me. I know it's all in good fun. Besides when your wife does cam shows you have to have a thick skin. Weird tho, no one ever mentions about my skinny, yet flabby sexy ass.

Useless 2006-08-05 09:11 AM

Quote:

LOL you can not get yourself in trouble asking, Hell UW makes it very clear about his fillings towards her and it don't bother me. I know it's all in good fun. Besides when your wife does cam shows you have to have a thick skin. Weird tho, no one ever mentions about my skinny, yet flabby sexy ass.

She's such a fucking cutie. http://home.comcast.net/~rfulgoni/ho...s/DSC01164.htm

I think I need some painting done...

juggernaut 2006-08-05 09:14 AM

Cute until she starts complaining about shit lol.

MrYum 2006-08-05 12:19 PM

Quote:

Ah...that explains a lot!

Wanted to make sure she wasn't your daughter or something before I started drooling :D

I had often wondered about UW's references to your wife, but had never seen a picture. Now...officially add me to the UW drooling over Jugg's wife fan club :D

You're a lucky man Jugg |thumb

Simon 2006-08-05 01:18 PM

Nice house Jugg |thumb

And yeah ... I want what you have too.

But in my case I mean the full basement and garage.

Both rare as hens' teeth down here.

Very hot girls who complain more than you wish they would are comparatively easy to find here.

:)

juggernaut 2006-08-05 09:47 PM

Thanks Mr. Yum. Yeah I know I'm lucky. Hell get this, she even cooks, cleans and food shops and will do any thing I need her to do durring the day while I'm at work. So yeah I was not about to let her run away. Every morning I wake up, look at her an wonder what the fuck she is doing with me, seriously. But like anyone else she has her moments. Oh let's not forget she is a camgirl also who brings in good $$ at the end of the month :) I honestly think the key to us is I make her laugh to much. I'm a witty type and can pull jokes out of the sky besides I try to keep life interesting but who the hell knows maybe it's the $$. Lord knows I don't have big feet lol.

Simon I was the same way. I live in a condo now and refuse to move until I have the house done. When we were looking I told the real estate lady 3 things. 1) Must have a garage (I had new car when I moved into the condo that lasted new for about 3 months. Dents and dings all over the place and no one to blame) I now I have new truck that I park 100 yards off the campus at a friends house till I move.
2) Basement, absolut must have. I have friends who made theirs into some serious party rooms and theres nothing like partying in a basement all night only to walk outside and see it's light out. I really love them.
3) NO FUCKING LAWN. I cut lawns with my bro for a few years and the money is great but I don't ever want to cut my own. Only bad thing about this one is I hate those ground bushes, god dam spider webs all over them when the sun hits them just right. And that freaks me out to now I'm thinking lawn with $100 cut bill at the end of the month would be worth the sleepless nights spiders cause me. lol.

Tart 2006-08-06 10:50 PM

Hehe.. and you think you'll never paint again.... that made me giggle

docholly 2006-08-06 11:30 PM

What?? you don't think your house will be camhoe central?? why that's 1/2 the fun of being a camhoe is finding new places etc. and the red will be excellent backdrop to her 'blondeness'... i had a dark green wall made by a very stretched flannel sheet.. really looked good on cam. Light neutral colors tend to wash us out.

and besides.. most camhoes have HGTV on while they are working.. thus the "painted" house.. i'm with Tart.. you've only just begun. |jester|