Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   something strange with a sponsor (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=57841)

plateman 2010-06-12 03:01 PM

something strange with a sponsor

adult paymaster - about 6 or so months ago I pulled all there links very high ratio with 0 sales and I took a look over a year and go a ratio for it and thats why I pulled links, I used there console free sales..... so what was strange, was after I pulled the links the traffic I was sending them stay about the same, I would check my monthly totals and they varied as expected

so I noticed this a few days after I pulled them to make sure I got all them and checked for banners and nothing

so now all this time I still show the same thing like I never pulled links and with there stats I cant get referrals but there is a low # of 2nd page hits, month to month, I highly doubt someone used my codes or ripped my site as the stats show hits to about all the sites they have..

were not talking about a few hits that you see from other programs that you pulled it the past were talking about the same traffic that I was sending before just from my LL the whole month of april I sent 11,167 /may 9886 43 2nd page hits

so why i posted this and didnt contact support, cause they didnt sell well on my site, I did get epasses from them years ago, but pulled there stuff on house cleaning chores

so why tell them and I am not saying anything bad about them, but to me its like my stats are on some autopilot ghost LOL

and it nothing with my pc - my laptop shows the same

there news on there login page is last updated april 09

my crazy theory is that a lot of programs died and maybe a good % of them turned off sales and are just scrapping by not giving any sales out, not updating and getting new very short term members through free traffic, plus good sized programs get se traffic to there pay sites, there like a lot of tgps and LL's that went dead but stayed online

and I am not bashing APM

Fonz 2010-06-13 06:34 AM

I also have a high click count for them but haven't made a sale in the last 2 years or so. I guess there's something fishy going on.

ecchi 2010-06-13 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 483835)
I also have a high click count for them but haven't made a sale in the last 2 years or so. I guess there's something fishy going on.

Anyone from AP like to comment, because Fonz's comment is making me think I should be pulling links.

Jel 2010-06-13 12:25 PM

I pulled all adult paymaster links I could find a while back, sometime toward the end of last year. My stats show 25k uniques for 2010...

....and 5,793 for the whole of 2009, when links were still up.

Fonz 2010-06-13 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jel (Post 483857)
I pulled all adult paymaster links I could find a while back, sometime toward the end of last year. My stats show 25k uniques for 2010...

....and 5,793 for the whole of 2009, when links were still up.

ouch...

LD 2010-06-13 08:08 PM

Similar results with me, too.

cabbagehead 2010-06-14 05:20 AM

smells fishy alright!! no decent return id say pull

CaptainJSparrow 2010-06-14 12:46 PM

Just checked my stats there, lots of clicks, no signups. Lots of clicks to sites that I do not promote either...too many to be exit consoles.

Danny 2010-06-14 01:57 PM

Same here. Haven't used them in years and still lots of "clicks"

Gin 2010-06-14 06:03 PM

Yep, very strange. I had something similar with some other sponsor, but i can't remember which one exactly.

Cleo 2010-06-14 06:27 PM

I see that I'm signed up with them but can't find any links to their program on any of my stuff and don't remember anything about them, but their admin does show that I've sent 1288 hits to them this month with zero sales. Odd since a search of all my domains doesn't return any results.

bignasty 2010-06-14 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plateman (Post 483802)
my crazy theory is that a lot of programs died and maybe a good % of them turned off sales and are just scrapping by not giving any sales out, not updating and getting new very short term members through free traffic, plus good sized programs get se traffic to there pay sites, there like a lot of tgps and LL's that went dead but stayed online

I have been noticing a lot of very odd things about sponsor click counts lately. I have one that is only linked from two sites. Every link on those two sites are counted on my end before going out. My stats on my end show about 7 times as many as is shown on their stats. On those two sites, only one sponsor shows the same number my stats show.

plateman 2010-06-14 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignasty (Post 483922)
I have been noticing a lot of very odd things about sponsor click counts lately. I have one that is only linked from two sites. Every link on those two sites are counted on my end before going out. My stats on my end show about 7 times as many as is shown on their stats. On those two sites, only one sponsor shows the same number my stats show.

thanks for the post and hi, its been a long time almost a year since i pulled links, i just never said anything, stats in error could be a sale in error

bignasty 2010-06-14 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plateman (Post 483924)
thanks for the post and hi, its been a long time almost a year since i pulled links, i just never said anything, stats in error could be a sale in error

No telling how many sales could be in error. I was out of adult for about 2 years, there's sponsors I haven't had links to since, and show 5000-10000 uniques during that time. There definitely seems to be some odd things going in regarding stats. With many sponsors hurting, you can't help but wonder what they may be doing to make it. Not accusing anybody, but can't help but wonder-especially with such a difference in stats.

bDok 2010-06-15 08:42 PM

Well knowing you pulled links and still things are showing. Hopefully you get a phantom sale to go with those phantom stats.

Are you able to see any of the referrer information for the stats?

nekrom 2010-06-15 08:48 PM

Everything is fine, there is nothing to worry about.

http://www.celebarchivetube.com/infominister.jpeg

Twiceshy 2010-06-18 10:20 PM

I am pulling all thier links now seems i have sent them 264,579 uniques over the last year but it says only 4147 have made it to the second page ( weird stats )and not one friggin sale time to say BYE BYE to them