Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2005-03-30, 10:28 AM   #1
Marchello
The only guys who wear Hawaiian shirts are gay guys and big fat party animals

I want to pay submitters to submit to my LL !!!

Ok this is just something thats been on my mind so please share your thoughts on this (good / bad)

Deal:
- Submiter need to submit 2 freesites every day for a full month ( with 1 Sunday free ) that is approx 50 FS per month

- All FS's need to have my recip

What do you think a fair compensation would be?
|badidea|
Marchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 11:34 AM   #2
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
Should'nt be hard to get folks to do that for free..

ronnie
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 12:17 PM   #3
Jel
I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare

Marchello,
They will come Don't even think about paying someone to submit to you imho. Get some submit trades going, get listed on the links machine, and keep that url in your sig
Jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 12:56 PM   #4
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Marchello,

A question about how to get submits for a new LL was asked on another board a while back and here's my response with the numbers updated to my current numbers. Building a LL is slow going, but you will build momentum if you keep up the suggestions below. I wouldn't ever pay someone to submit, since I think it sets a very dangerous precedent. What are you going to do when you've got too many submissions and you still have to pay people or ruin your rep? Anyway, give this a read:

I launched Fetish Philes in August of 2004. I currently have just over 4000 submitted links in the DB, and I get 40-60 submissions a day. When I first launched I was getting 0-5 submissions a day, but by about 6 weeks after I launched I was up to about 10 per day and submissions have grown slowly but surely and continuously. There's no "magic bullet" to get your submissions up, it's a matter of doing a bunch of small things that are each good for a submit here and there. It's also important to remember that most freesite submitters don't do a site a day, so you'll end up with a lot of submitters subbing maybe 4-10 sites per month. In order to get your daily submits to 25, you'd need probably 100 or more regular submitters. These are many of the things I did when I launched as well as some things I still do:

---I've been on Security Man's submit page trade script since day one. You should get that code up and keep it there. If you look at the very bottom of my submit page you'll see it, and there's a link to sign up.

---Get your LL listed on every WM resource site and board that you can find...most only require a recip on the submit page. You can check out my submit page (resource site recips are just a bit below the submit form) for some to start with. None of these listings will give you a ton of submits but they will add up over time.

---Get your site listed at www.thelinkmachine.com

---I made special offers to members of the boards I was posting on, offering either a recip free listing or permanent extra weight in the listings for those submitting with a recip (my script allows for this). This got me a handful of daily submitters early on.

---Had lots of sites already in the database when I launched, mostly sponsor paysites and the sponsor hosted free sites I had access to at the time. This gave me a few sites in every category, so my initial surfers weren't confronted with a link list that had a bunch of categories but nothing in them. Even though some cats had nothing but a few paysites in them, at least there was something there. Also, potential submitters didn't see a big empty link list. Some of my cats had 6-10 paysites listed before I took the first submit.

---Don't think your LL will make you a bunch of money right off the bat...it won't. The LL model requires a ton of traffic to make a lot of money, since you've got to have a bunch of sites from a bunch of sponsors, and each individual site won't get that many clicks until your traffic is really rolling. However, when I took my first public submission I had over 300 sponsor links in the database (bear in mind I've got over 100 categories too). There are several different schools of thought on this, and nobody is right or wrong. IMO, there's no reason not to get the links in there for the surfers to see, especially if they're listed as "pay sites." A small percentage of surfers at LLs are actually looking for the "right" paysite to sign up to, CC in hand. IMO the presence of a bunch of paysites on your LL won't deter freesite submitters at all, since the surfers looking for freesites will ignore the paysite listings. Just don't expect to see a bunch of cash from your paysite listings until your traffic base is established.

---Spend some time in the link list forums everyplace you can find that has one. Respond to every post asking "who would list this site", even if you're just saying you wouldn't list it and why not. Just about every time I pop into a thread to say I'd list a site it gets submitted to me, and more often than not I get a repeat submitter. Respond to every post asking "what category for this site," "please review this site" and such. Get yourself out there in front of the submitters as much as possible. Also, this will help you develop a relationship with other LL owners (most of whom are freesite submitters as well). Quite a few of my regular submitters are LL owners and TGP owners I've met on the boards. Also, always use the same nick on every board and use that nick on your submissions.

---Get some hard link trades going. It's tough as hell with a new LL to get cat page trades, but get some built up as soon and as quickly as you can. Submitters like to see some PR on your pages and they will provide a small but important amount of traffic from other LLs

---I made the mistake of not being a tough ass reviewer from day one. I listed lots of marginal sites in my desperation to get my list built up quickly. Then I revised my rules and got tougher on my reviews, and the number of submits dropped slightly but the number of declines dropped dramatically. I'm quite happy with about 50 submits a day at this point and I only have to decline about 25% of them. Since I'm consistently adding hosted free sites as they're released, I get a few more listings with my ref code in them added every week as well. If submissions continue at the rate they're at today I'll be up to over 10k listings by the end of 2005.

---Don't list every HFS that comes along...lots of them, even from good sponsors, are crap. Review each one for content quality and such as you add them, try to look at them from the surfer's perspective, and only add the ones that are actual quality.

---Review quickly. I was obsessed with 24 hours or less review time initially, and it paid off. Now I take slightly longer sometimes, but never more than 72 hours. Right now it's more important to take care of webmasters than surfers. Also, while you're building the list up it's not a bad idea to add some sites to more than one category if the content will allow you to do that. Remember that your submitters want to be in the category that fits the sponsor they're promoting, but surfers pick the category for the content they want to see. For example, if someone submits a site to me with lesbians in stockings and they submit it to "lesbian", if it's a good site I might put it in "stockings" as well just to build the category up. Multiple category listings for the best of the sites submitted to you will help you fill up the front end for the surfers. If you do this, make sure you let the webmaster know in the "approved" email if your script allows you to add comments to it, or send them an email if it doesn't. Unsolicited multiple category listings will help you develop a base of loyal submitters.

The LL model is a long slow road, but it's got a lot of benefits and rewards along the way. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though...right now, 7 months after launch, Fetish Philes pays for all my hosting, all my content, my new domains as I buy them, and has paid for the script I run on that site as well as a bunch of other scripts. It just takes time and patience.

Remember that all of this is just what I've done and my opinions, and I'm always learning new things myself. I spent a fuckload of time getting Fetish Philes out there when I launched. Getting surfer traffic is just as important, and that's an entirely different battle to fight, and also important to keep your submitters happy in the long run.

Hopefully some of this helped.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 01:03 PM   #5
Jel
I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare

Niiiiiiice post MadMax
Jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 01:38 PM   #6
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
hehehe madmax post the right answer, hell i would pay webmasters not to submit to my lls
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 01:41 PM   #7
Head Boy
Hello, is this President Clinton? Good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you

What a great list of fetishes Max - I'm just off to find out what breath play is.

Just as a thought - do you think it's worth splitting watersports? I think there is a massive difference between girls pissing, and guys pissing on girls faces.
Head Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 01:42 PM   #8
Tommy
NYC Boy That Moved To The Island

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy
If it were me
I would work on generating traffic
if I needed submits I would surf other link lists looking for sites I liked and then email the free site owner and say I really liked your site and added you to my link list

if your intersted your submits would be more then welcome
yada yada yada

maybe set them up a private partner account for free if your script allows it
Old 2005-03-30, 02:02 PM   #9
Marchello
The only guys who wear Hawaiian shirts are gay guys and big fat party animals

first of all thanx for all answers and tips
and madmax i really appreciate your post,
i submit my LList to Security Man and i do not know how long it takes to get on that list after submiting, thelinkmachine ( i never think about that ) thanks,
i also contact neighbourhoodgirls via mail but i did not yet recived answer did my LList is on http://www.neighbourhoodgirls.com/tnx.htm
GG&J put me on their resources page and i'm looking for new boards like you told me.
Again thx a lot of good words and it really help me a lot
Marchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 03:34 PM   #10
dareutwo
You can't disprove anything with evidence that doesn't exist

MadMax - Wow! that about sums it up.
Hours and months and years.
Old 2005-03-30, 04:38 PM   #11
grzepa
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

I agree with Tommy - work on your traffic more, when you'll have some decent traffic people will beg to be listed... and you'll have a pleasure to hit DECLINE.
grzepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-30, 05:42 PM   #12
Tommy
NYC Boy That Moved To The Island

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy
a lot of people I talk to find new places to submit by looking at the trades of places they do submit

a good reason to trade with more well known sites
like for example greenys toplist isnt to hard to make and returns well PLUS i bet you get a few good submiters out of it every now and then

dont forget submit page trades and thank you page trades with other ll's - tgps

if i was you I would forget about submits and premote my site
do that and the submits will come
Old 2005-03-30, 08:37 PM   #13
sadman
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Impressive post Max...
Everything a new LL onwer should do is there !

Sadman

sadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-31, 02:11 AM   #14
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Neat post, Max!! Even I learned a lot from this one.

Marchello, you are on my regular submit list. Now, if I can just find a way to have 40 hours off of work every day, I can get all of my site work and submissions done!
Pagan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-31, 02:34 AM   #15
HarryM
No offence Apu, but when they were handing out religions you must have been out taking a whizz

Send a message via ICQ to HarryM
Yep do all that above and in a years time you'll be back here wanting to buy a blacklist script instead
Old 2005-03-31, 04:40 AM   #16
Pendo
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Send a message via ICQ to Pendo
better spend that money on buying traffic....so when people see that you are sending traffic they'll come and submit

My Freesites
Pendo is offline   Reply With Quote