Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2005-03-09, 09:40 AM   #1
nibbler
Trying is the first step towards failure

Chargeback hell and CCBill

Ok, chargebacks have never been a problem for me. I've had maybe 2-3 in the past 12 months, but recently I had one that just blew me away.

I had a member at one of my sites since October 2004. This person managed to chargeback EVERYTHING since signing up. That's 5 months worth of rebills.

CCBill told me there is nothing they can do about since all the member had to do was convince the CC company that the charges were fraudalent.

Here's where I get pissed off. You mean to tell me that this person had no clue that for the past 5 months his CC was being billed $29.95. At best, this person was a fuckin moron. At worst, this person is a crook and managed to use my site for 5 months free of charge.

I guard my CC with my life. I check my online statement every week. There is no way my CC could be billed 5 months in a row without me noticing it.

Now for CCBill, do they not attempt to dispute these chargebacks? Isn't there a protocol between CCBill / Visa / CC company that says how the hell can a person, for whatever reason, allow 5 months worth of "unauthorized" transactions go undetected?

I don't get it and somebody failed me bigtime. Any thoughts?

nibbler is offline   Reply With Quote