Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-08-25, 08:34 PM   #1
LindaMight
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to LindaMight Send a message via AIM to LindaMight Send a message via Yahoo to LindaMight
2257, Canada from XBiz

For anyone who does not get this stuff in their email inbox...

2257-Canada

Linda
Old 2005-08-25, 09:35 PM   #2
DannyCox
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

I made mention of exactly that when the new 2257 stuff started. As a Canadian, I need to worry more about violating the Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, than a foreign law. I also don't think it is ethically correct to distribute models personal information to anyone that just asks for it. But that's just me.

We publicly stated that we would not supply any documentation on any of our models, and we will stand by that. If it does cost business, so be it. I have both legal and ethical considerations in all this, as does anyone. I totally agree with the statements of Linda Aylesworth, and completely disagree with Greg Jones rational in all this. Some things do supersede revenue.

Keep in mind, my point of view in all this is strictly as a Canadian, and as a Canadian, I have to stick with the laws of my country.

-- Danny
DannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-25, 11:37 PM   #3
emmanuelle
0100011101100101011001010 1101011001000000100001101 1010000110100101100011

Send a message via ICQ to emmanuelle
Wow- that article is sure making the rounds!
emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-25, 11:43 PM   #4
Chop Smith
Eighteen 'til I Die

Send a message via ICQ to Chop Smith
Saw that XBiz article and this one http://www.montrealmirror.com/2005/082505/news2.html
Recognized this lady as being a good member of the Greenguy and Jim Community.
Old 2005-08-25, 11:52 PM   #5
DannyCox
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

I like the Mirror, we get all sorts of free promotion out of them Not to mention their sister newspapers across Canada.. (EG. from 2 weeks ago ... http://www.montrealmirror.com/2005/081105/sasha.html)
DannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-26, 12:23 AM   #6
Chop Smith
Eighteen 'til I Die

Send a message via ICQ to Chop Smith
I don't know much about the Montreal Mirror but I know the original micro niche lady has been hanging around the board for quite sometimes. Nice of them to give her some free press
Old 2005-08-26, 10:14 AM   #7
fstop
Internet! Is that thing still around?

For those of us who create our own content in Canada it is quite simple, really. The question is, who is going to come knocking on our door at our "place of business" asking for id? Certainly not an American law enforcement officer trying to enforce US laws. They would have no authority here. Anyone in this country supplying those kind of records to a private citizen would certainly be in a big legal mess in Canada. I agree with Danny and Em and believe that Greg Jones could face serious charges apart from the appalling decision to put women at risk. Also, knowing that he is distributing personal info, who the H*** would ever work for him?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-26, 10:11 PM   #8
LindaMight
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to LindaMight Send a message via AIM to LindaMight Send a message via Yahoo to LindaMight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCox
I have both legal and ethical considerations in all this, as does anyone. I totally agree with the statements of Linda Aylesworth, and completely disagree with Greg Jones rational in all this. Some things do supersede revenue.

Keep in mind, my point of view in all this is strictly as a Canadian, and as a Canadian, I have to stick with the laws of my country.

-- Danny
Danny....I do not think anyone could ever put it better than you just did.....Kudos to Canada for protecting one's privacy!
Old 2005-08-27, 08:36 AM   #9
susanna
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

Send a message via ICQ to susanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaMight
Danny....I do not think anyone could ever put it better than you just did.....Kudos to Canada for protecting one's privacy!

I agree... PIPEDA comes first...but thankfully we have PIPEDA as I disagree with the purpose or the appropriateness of 2257.

I often make decisions based on being Canadian... the only thing that would be a bother is if you process now thru an american company...then I think you will be subject to 2257. Its a tough call. We are in such a weird situation in Canada/the adult online community.
Old 2005-08-27, 10:25 AM   #10
fstop
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanna
I agree... PIPEDA comes first...but thankfully we have PIPEDA as I disagree with the purpose or the appropriateness of 2257.

I often make decisions based on being Canadian... the only thing that would be a bother is if you process now thru an american company...then I think you will be subject to 2257. Its a tough call. We are in such a weird situation in Canada/the adult online community.
Look what the American government is trying to do with Mark Emery (the pot seed guy). Extradite him to the US for a crime he never comitted in the United States. The US government is also trying to sieze the property on the Canadian side of the recently busted smuggling tunnel in BC as proceeds of a felony. I think the results of the Emery case will set a legal prcedent (one way or another) that will have great influence on the enforcement of 2257 outside America.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-27, 11:32 AM   #11
emmanuelle
0100011101100101011001010 1101011001000000100001101 1010000110100101100011

Send a message via ICQ to emmanuelle
I have received many letters of support for taking a stance. I am not only honoured, but feel a great sense of relief knowing that so many others agree that it's simply wrong to value profits more than people's privacy, safety and ultimately, lives.
emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-02, 05:59 PM   #12
reb
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Send a message via ICQ to reb Send a message via Yahoo to reb
Great info
Much appreciated
Old 2005-09-05, 06:46 PM   #13
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

the reality is peeps....is that 2257 has no jurisdiction here. If you produce here and its 100% canadian, and you are Canadian, US laws can be shoved up their asses....and don't get me started on this Mark Emery guy...he needs his ass kicked. To tell the public on the news that smoking pot while driving makes you a better driver by being more alert is ....well we'll just leave it at that...

laters!