Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-05-11, 08:16 AM   #1
rayadp05
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via ICQ to rayadp05
Looking For Reviews On My Doorway Page......

Hey guys. I've been experimenting a little with creating doorway pages to my website. I have alot of promotional galleries available which I post to tgps and to other places too so I guess in a sense, those are considered "doorway pages" as well but this is a page that is very basic looking and will primariliy be used as a doorway page. I have tried to do everything that I can think of as far as making it SEO friendly but do you see anything wrong with it or anything that you would add, change or take away from it? Please look over it very carefully and feel free to add any suggestions, criticsm and/or advice. I have the H1 and H2 tags, alt tags, meta tags etc. I'm thinking of adding a few different doorway pages like this with mature women, black girls, hardcore content, and so forth. Each page will fit the particular niche being displayed. In other words, everything will be changed around differently as far as keywords and stuff to suit the specific page that I'm creating.

One more thing, when creating doorway pages to your website, is it better to create them under your own domain name or on a free host? The reason why I ask is because if you create them under a free host then your URL will not have your websites domain name listed in it unless you put it in there. Do you think that by creating doorway pages on free hosts, you will have different search engine results being that people will find your pages when searching for something other than anything relating to your domain name? I understand how keywords and all of that stuff works but what about the actual domain name itself? If your doorway pages are on free hosts then you no longer have www.yoursite.com in the front of the URL. Wouldn't that alone give you different search engine results as opposed to just the keywords and other stuff? Anyway, here is the page that I just made. Please leave comments........

http://www.adpmodels.com/amateur-girls-next-door.html
rayadp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 02:12 PM   #2
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

First of all, welcome to the board ray

About your doorway page, I'm sure you did mostthings right when it comes to making this page SE friendly. But one of the things I noticed is that you have a very long page with only 2 links to your paysite on it, a banner on top of the page and a textlink on the bottom.
IMO it would be better if you had a link underneath every set of pics of a particular model that says something like: "Click here to see all of *model's name* pictures" that goes to one of the pages of your paysite.
Now if a surfer enters you page, he has to scroll all the way down to before he gets a chance to actually go to your paysite, my expercience has taught me that almost 0% of the surfers is going to click the top banner like it is now. You have to try to send them to your main site asap. You can enrich these extra links with adding a "title" text in the A HREF tag if you want.

I personally would stay away from putting doorway/content pages on free hosts. I don't see a problem of them being all on the same domain. Ofcourse if you have another domain on another IP you can put the pages on that one also. Getting linked to from different IP's can always help.

If you're planning to build more of these pages I'd make some sort of SITEMAP which basicly is just a page where you link to from your main page and that has all the links to your doorway/content pages as well as all the links to your paysite's pages on it. This way the SE spiders will probably visit them faster and more frequently.

Anyway, just my $0.02
Old 2006-05-11, 02:13 PM   #3
DJilla
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to DJilla
A few quick comments. Welcome and good luck. IMHO, SEO isn't the cure to traffic that you might see in the mainstream. There are SO MANY sites and competition that it can take awhile before you get Google placements worth a sniff. All in all its still a good idea to do the work. Your site is ok as far as it goes. Pictures are bigger than they probably need to be, your missing anything that would entice the "text link" reader (like 20 or 30 descriptive text links to other doorways pages like this one you've created). The last words on your first headings jump down off the line in 800px wide. I think most would agree that freehosts are not a good idea except for your own internal uses of serving banners, internal pages, and sponsor galleries. Most other WM's are not going to link with pages on freehosts because it appears as if you've got nothing invested. SEs index freehosted pages but don't expect too much from them. Finally, how long to download that page with 56k modem? A lot of surfers may be gone to dinner by the time it comes up on their screen.

Best Wishes!
DJilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 03:37 PM   #4
rayadp05
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via ICQ to rayadp05
Thank's guys. Yeah, I'm still tweaking it around and making little changes here and there. I appreciate the comments.
rayadp05 is offline   Reply With Quote