Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-08-30, 05:19 PM   #1
Sumrpal
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Exclamation GloBill Not Bankrupt ??

I received two envelopes in the mail today concerning the bankruptcy of GLOBILL.COM, LLC.

One, mailed August 19th, announces the creditors meeting (Sept 20) of Daniel Warren and Kathleen Warren for their personal Chapter 7 Bankrupcy case. These were the scumbags that ripped off the money from the GloBill users and caused the collapse, and in fact were the ones who placed GLOBILL.COM, LLC, into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Apparently, though, they weren't actually the true owners of GloBill.

The second envelope, mailed August 20th, appears to be a ruling from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court which dismisses the Chapter 7 bankruptcy case of GLOBILL.COM, LLC.

Being an Alien, I don't know much about U.S. bankruptcy law, but it seems straight forward ....

The court heard evidence from

- O.T.E. Development USA,
- 9056-0566 Quebec, Inc.,
- Adrian Mathai,
- Zubin Mathai,

making the case that Daniel Warren did not have the right, nor the authority, to enter GLOBILL.COM, LLC, into bankruptcy, and that GLOBILL.COM, LLC, was in fact not bankrupt.

The court has accepted this evidence:

"Based thereon, the Court has entered its Memorandum Decision Granting Motion for Order Dismissing or Suspending Chapter 7 Case containing fact and conclusions of law pursuant to Federal Rule of Bankruptcy Procedure 7052(a) on this date (August 18, 2004). Based upon the analysis set forth in the Memorandum Decision Granting Motion for Order Dismissing or Suspending Chapter 7 Case, the Court determines that the Motion should be granted and the case dismissed. Thereby, it is hereby ORDERED, that the case is DISMISSED."

So, does that mean that GLOBILL.COM, LLC, once again owes everyone that they previously owed money to - prior to Daniel Warren wrongly entering GLOBILL.COM, LLC, into bankruptcy??

Interesting question.
Sumrpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 05:57 PM   #2
AcidMaX
Programming till my fingers bleed.

That is interesting, usually "DISCHARGED" is the term they use for when the bankruptcy is final, but not sure if "DISMISSED" is the same in this case. You might want to consult an attorney.

Andy
AcidMaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 06:00 PM   #3
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
Sumrpal, you would need a lawyer to be sure, but how I read it is that 4 people petitioned the court to say that the move to put GloBill into bankrupcy was somehow flawed, and the court agreed.

That doesn't mean you are going to get any money, but if you are owed money (especially if significant) I would get a lawyer and attempt to take them to court to collect, and try to get a seizure before judgement to get some material locked up that could equal that value.

I doubt there is anything left there to seize, so good luck.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 10:21 AM   #4
Sumrpal
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

AcidMaX, the bankruptcy wasn't 'discharged', it was cancelled. GloBill, as of August 18th, was never officially in bankruptcy. So technically, GloBill is now liable for all debts it owed prior to this boondoggle.

I wasn't owed very much at all .. certainly not worth a lawyer visit .. but I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who was owed big-time. This is a highly unusual circumstance.

RawAlex, I'm sure you're right ... there probably aren't any assets or net worth to go after now. The corporation is likely just an empty shell.

Sumrpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 12:38 AM   #5
darksoft
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

I've been getting the same letters in the mail for a while now. I also doubt I will get any of what's owed me but maybe someone will hamstring those fuckers...
darksoft is offline   Reply With Quote