Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-02-06, 01:04 AM   #1
ngb1959
Oh no, I'm sweating like Roger Ebert

What are Linkbacks and other questions

I have been reading alot of boards and see linkbacks alot - is that recip link back?

Also, I was taught to put a link to your hub on the main page of your free site and I read somewhere to put a link to one of your other sites that already has a page rank. Which way is correct?

Are tgp's a waste of bandwidth?

Thanks for your help.

Nina
ngb1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-07, 02:37 PM   #2
Ann Omness
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

It would be my guess that linkbacks and reciprocal links mean the same thing.

If your free sites all have a link to your hub, your hub will usually have the highest page rank of your sites. It's more important to you to have links IN to your sites from higher ranking sites than it is to have links OUT to them.

Yes, TGPs are a waste of bandwidth.
Old 2005-02-07, 03:11 PM   #3
PR_Tom
Nobody gets into heaven without a glowstick

I would always put a link to a hub from the last gallery of your free site. IMO it's best to ignore pagerank entirely. Yep, entirely. Think instead about having your free site on GreenGuys Mature page, ranking #1 or so for "Mature Women" on the SE.. that spider is very active on his page, and now that YOUR site is listed on his page, that spider will spider YOUR site, and follow your link to your hub (is it a mature oriented hub? even better for you!)
But thats my opinion Test things for yourself, see what works for you.

tgp's a waste of bandwidth? Not sure I understand the question.. Do you mean to ask if submitting galleries to tgp's is a waste of bandwidth? I'd say no. For the exact reasons above, the real use of tgp's to your galleries is getting traffic to your sites and also hopefully to your sponsors of course

Is running a tgp a waste of bandwidth? Again I say no. A text tgp with well coded pages wont burn alot of bandwith by itself compared to building galleries (for instance). And again, depending on your linking, you're after search engine/pre-targetted traffic. So it's possible to burn very little BW and get good rankings with some hard work and experimentation.

Anywho, test test test test! It's hard work, but it's good to try everything you can think of Good luck!