Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-01-15, 11:21 PM   #1
MattatKaras
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Question Signups Reversed , Chargebacks?

Its something that never happened when I was really firing 5 years or so ago but just before I quit for a few years I started getting signups regularly reversed by sponsors and removed from my stats. Now that I have started up again I see this happening once more.

Now I wonder whether this is common these days or just a problem with the particular sponsors that I am using.

Any comments?|confused|
MattatKaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 08:24 AM   #2
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
If your getting paid a percentage of sales thats what you get, whether they are positive or negative sales. Some surfers refund, it happens. They can't pay you on sales they lose.

If they pay per sign-up, you should get paid a flat fee no matter what. Unless your traffic is complete crap.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 08:49 AM   #3
MattatKaras

Yeah I agree , percentage is percentage of profit but these were per signup sales that came and went. I figure once you're credited that should be it. The per signup rate should take into account an average chargback rate shouldn't it?
MattatKaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 09:10 AM   #4
ronnie

Yep, I would assume the same, per sign up no matter what. Only possible is like I said, if your traffic is real bad. Not something sponsors should do, but seen it happen.

Have you asked the sponsor? Both guessing, ask them to find out for sure.
Old 2008-01-16, 01:34 PM   #5
ecchi
Banned

Check your advertising against the sites. Are you overselling the site, or worse, accidentally offering something they don't give? That is the usual cause if chargebacks get heavy, and it is sometimes hard to detect (eg you see on their lesbian site that it says "over 1 million videos inside", so you say in your ad "XXXXLesbians has over 1,000,000 lesbian videos", but several companies dump all their videos on every site, and use that count in their adverts, so of the million videos only a few thousand may be lesbian, and your surfer, regardless of the fact that he will never get through the thousands they actually have, feels ripped off because there aren't a million, and does a chargeback).
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 06:00 AM   #6
neticule
A boy without mischief is like a bowling ball without a liquid center

It is pretty common, you can keep it down quite a bit if your just honest. But lets say you make a movie gallery with some cute girl, and you say "hey check out the full video of this cute girl at this paysite", well, if that girl isnt in the paysite, expect a chargeback.

I try to be as honest as possible, and get very few chargebacks. I also really only promote paysites taht I have actually been inside of, if I thought it was crap I wont promote it.
Old 2008-01-22, 10:56 AM   #7
matyko
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

I am posting galleries since aug 2005 and never ever had chargebacks. The first came this year, and three other cb-s followed in two weeks...
Very very sad knowing I never committed cheat or misleaded costumers...
I think sponsors SHOULD NOT charge refunds/chargebacks on their affils - just if they have proof that the affil misleaded the costumer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattatKaras View Post
Its something that never happened when I was really firing 5 years or so ago but just before I quit for a few years I started getting signups regularly reversed by sponsors and removed from my stats. Now that I have started up again I see this happening once more.

Now I wonder whether this is common these days or just a problem with the particular sponsors that I am using.

Any comments?|confused|
Old 2008-01-22, 11:02 AM   #8
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyko View Post
I think sponsors SHOULD NOT charge refunds/chargebacks on their affils - just if they have proof that the affil misleaded the costumer...
So they should pay you with money that was never spent and that they don't have?

And you submit galleries, not post them...
Old 2008-01-22, 11:04 AM   #9
matyko
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

I think you mentioned the key: you MUST check the members area before you promote the site. Most affils dont do this very important step and this means they work with FHG content or free content which is not the very best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neticule View Post
It is pretty common, you can keep it down quite a bit if your just honest. But lets say you make a movie gallery with some cute girl, and you say "hey check out the full video of this cute girl at this paysite", well, if that girl isnt in the paysite, expect a chargeback.

I try to be as honest as possible, and get very few chargebacks. I also really only promote paysites taht I have actually been inside of, if I thought it was crap I wont promote it.
Old 2008-01-22, 12:53 PM   #10
Triton2004

I started this year with a chargeback...
Triton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 01:35 PM   #11
matyko

You charmed the costumer who made a successful payment. This is why the affil must have his or her payment. From this point there can be dozen reasons for a chargeback BUT there are only a few in which the affil is affected. I think a simple chargeback does not matter for the sponsor, maybe its a sign they have to do something better, etc*. And because of the sponsor has some time before making the payment they will realize in time when an affil is wrong (has high percentage of CB) and they can investigate/cancel the account.

Sorry for my non-native english, I try to improve it

* Some reasons for the kind CB why the affil must not suffer:
- bad quality site
- lack of updates
- bad quality content
- bad quality support (account not working, response time slow)
And lot more..

Why do you say "money that was never spent" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
So they should pay you with money that was never spent and that they don't have?

And you submit galleries, not post them...
Old 2008-01-22, 01:40 PM   #12
ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
Exactly. They didn't make any money.

To me, there's three possibles.

1. inside of the pay site sucks big time, not as promised

2. webmaster promised more than what was inside the paysite.

3. surfers who chargeback on purpose or trying to scam. Or surfers who charge back because the wife saw it on the CC statement and they won't admit it.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:39 AM   #13
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyko View Post
You charmed the costumer who made a successful payment. This is why the affil must have his or her payment. From this point there can be dozen reasons for a chargeback BUT there are only a few in which the affil is affected. I think a simple chargeback does not matter for the sponsor, maybe its a sign they have to do something better, etc*. And because of the sponsor has some time before making the payment they will realize in time when an affil is wrong (has high percentage of CB) and they can investigate/cancel the account.
You are still saying "I want money for nothing". The idea of being an affiliate is that you get a percentage of whatever the customers you send pays. If the customer pays nothing (ie chargebacks) you get a percentage of nothing. If you truly think this is unfair you don't really understand how this business works and should either go back to basics and re-learn what you are doing from square one, or you should get out of this business and get a "real world" job.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:27 AM   #14
matyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
You are still saying "I want money for nothing". The idea of being an affiliate is that you get a percentage of whatever the customers you send pays. If the customer pays nothing (ie chargebacks) you get a percentage of nothing. If you truly think this is unfair you don't really understand how this business works and should either go back to basics and re-learn what you are doing from square one, or you should get out of this business and get a "real world" job.