Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-07-02, 08:07 PM   #26
domweb
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Martin View Post
Here is my reply to you again which was the reason for me to suggest you seek your business elsewhere:
Looking at the demands from your lawyer, I think we better not deliver you our shemale sets.
We do have ids and releaseforms of all models that we sell in our store,
but I can not guarantee that they filled out the releaseforms the way your lawyer requests.
For example, they always fill out their stagename but that does not mean they have not used other names in the past.
Then I know for sure that alot of the scans or images we have of the ID's are smaller than the original,
so that would be another item your lawyer would not like.[/i]

I mentioned your list of free yahoogroups as a remark, not as the reason, but you prefer to make it look that way.
In your reply you never mentioned you could alter the size of the ID's to meet your lawyer's demands, you only replied to my remark about your yahoogroups.

So you didn't catch me on a bad day, I just felt we could not meet your lawyers demands and I couldn't care less if you list hundreds of free yahoogroups if you feel they help you to make more money in this industry.

I just know that there are better sites to link to which would make you more money.
Okay. Thanks for taking the time to explain it a little more clearly.

Here is my response and I am going to try to be respectful as possible. I know that I am small potatoes to someone like you, but to me Club-X was 70% of my first year's content budget...so you were not small to me. I was very happy with both the content and the service that I received previously, so you can imagine my confusion when one of my best suppliers says no sale.

I wrote about the experience here to see if maybe other webmasters could point out what land mine I had stepped on, not because I was trying to cast you in a negative light.

It is your content business and you can sell or not sell to any damn person you choose. Free market. I respect that.

You obviously have been in the business a lot longer than me and probably know of ways I can generate more quality traffic. So lets set aside the yahoo groups issue. I only brought that up to try explain what I saw as pretty dickish behavior from a businessman I had never had trouble with in the past.

I was willing to write the whole thing off to a bad day. Gods know I have had them.

But you said it wasn't the groups list and it wasn't a bad day.

That leaves me with two options:

1. I have made an unreasonable request.
2. You were being dickish.

Hmmmm. I prefer to think that the answer is number one. I obviously miscommunicated my needs in an unreasonable fashion. So let me try to clarify myself.

Quote:
We do have ids and releaseforms of all models that we sell in our store, but I can not guarantee that they filled out the releaseforms the way your lawyer requests. For example, they always fill out their stagename but that does not mean they have not used other names in the past.[/i]
Hmmm. This request is new to you? Am I the only webmaster who has asked for this information that is required in the US Federal law? What do the other webmasters get when they ask for 2257 docs?

I was not asking for your personal affidavit guaranteeing prior knowledge of all of the model's aliases. I was asking for the names and aliases as you where informed of them by the models who signed their name to the paperwork that has a spot for NAME and a spot for STAGE NAME(S) or whatever you choose to call the legal term, "aliases".

I perhaps did not make myself clear.

Is the problem that I am overzealous in my desire to follow my lawyers interpretation of the law and avoid five years plus in jail...or are you under zealous in your responsibilities as a seller of Primary Producer content?

Let's go with me being eager and overzealous. My bad.

Quote:
Then I know for sure that alot of the scans or images we have of the ID's are smaller than the original,
so that would be another item your lawyer would not like.[/i]
O.K. You sell photographic content. I would bet my left testicle that you are familiar with photo resolution and programs like Photoshop.

If the resolution of the photo of the ID is good enough to blow up too life size and still be legible, that would count. That is a slight exaggeration, but I think I make my point.

But I don't believe that someone who has run a successful photographic and video content business would miss that.

So I guess maybe you were being dickish.

And now maybe I have been too.

Can we just call a truce and go make money?