Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2009-12-18, 11:58 AM   #1
HotMoviesJ
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

New Exclusive Webmaster Tool at MovieDollars.com- Dirty Thirty Clip Creator

The New Dirty Thirty Clip Creator allows MovieDollars affiliates to create 30-second custom clips of any movie at HotMovies.com offered at "Ultra" stream speed. Tired of using the same promo clips all of you competitors are plastering all over the Web? Find, create, and promote you own custom video clips! Targeting niche browsers has never been so easy! Once you've created the video(s) to fit your promotion needs, we provide the embedded html code with your affiliate ID. All you have to do is copy and paste your custom video clips anywhere you want to promote Hotmovies.com and start building new revenue today! You won't find this tool with any of our competitors!

Go to: http://www.moviedollars.com/videos.php?video=1 For The Dirty Thirty Movie Promo Trailer

Go to: http://www.moviedollars.com/videos.php?video=2For The Dirty Thirty Clip Creator – “How To” Tutorial Video.

MovieDollar Affiliates - Log in and go to:https://secure.moviedollars.com/help...ex.php?video=2

We welcome any questions or comments. You can reach me at joshua@moviedollars.com

Last edited by HotMoviesJ; 2009-12-18 at 12:07 PM..
HotMoviesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 01:05 PM   #2
James_HotMovies
Trying is the first step towards failure

Send a message via ICQ to James_HotMovies
Took over 6 months of programming and another 6 months of miss-communication to get this tool launched Should be great for bloggers.

Once the RSS portion of it is completed the automated webmasters are going to fall in love all over again.

James_HotMovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 03:29 PM   #3
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
Nice idea for that tool.

Do you have plans to offer clips longer than the 30 seconds mentioned when you roll out the RSS feeds for blogs? Right now 30 second clips are what it takes to make surfers leave a site pretty quickly. From what we're seeing you need at least 2-minutes to get them to stick around and be interested enough to click to see more. Otherwise they're just leaving and heading for the (tube) sites with longer clips. Need longer clips to keep them interested enough to stay on a site. And 2-minutes is the bare minimum to make that happen.
Old 2009-12-19, 08:29 AM   #4
James_HotMovies

I currently have no plans to offer longer clips.

I picture my short videos supplementing other videos and picture content.

similar to what I'm doing on http://www.kinkybytes.com/

Old 2009-12-19, 08:32 AM   #5
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Personally I think 30 second clips are plenty long enough.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 05:05 PM   #6
TJ
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Making 2 minute clips wouldn't do much other than help tube-sites make their content easier. Having the ability to create 30 second clips for promotional purposes gives the webmaster a chance to use their trained eye. Most promotional clips may begin or end awkwardly, and may even miss a view of the niche act itself. This makes those clips useless. Webmasters who understand the niches they are representing, know the specific types of action their audience is looking for. Your ability to find these acts and tease with them is priceless for it's finite targeting.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 06:41 AM   #7
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
I absolutely agree that being able to select the exact 30 seconds that will work best for a particular niche is important. I just don't see a problem with using longer clips when they work very well in some instances.

For example, some people like using gallery pages with two or more 30-second clips, while others prefer to use one longer FLV clip per page instead of multiple shorter clips. With this tool someone can create several good 30-second clips and can then put all of those clips on the same page, but they can't make that one longer clip from those shorter clips.

If you never test using longer clips you may not ever find out how well or poorly they perform on your traffic. It's not just tube sites that need longer videos, and really, for a legal tube site to do well, two minutes is a pretty short clip. There are blogs, hubs and other kinds of landing pages and gallery pages where a clip longer than 30-seconds can do a lot to raise conversions.

I do think it's a very good idea, having a tool that allows webmasters to select the exact part of a video they want to use. I just want more sponsors to realize that short video clips are not all we need to promote a site/program. And I'm hoping that HotMovies will eventually decide to offer a way to create the kind of longer clips that some webmasters have found to be more effective with their traffic and methods of marketing.
Old 2010-01-17, 04:21 PM   #8
latin-hot
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Nice work!
Old 2010-02-01, 10:29 AM   #9
emmanuelle
0100011101100101011001010 1101011001000000100001101 1010000110100101100011

Send a message via ICQ to emmanuelle
I imagine that a big part of the problem is that hotmovies is a 'sponsor' reselling the content of others. Their producers will scream bloody murder if they start giving away too much of their material.
emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 04:46 PM   #10
housekeeper
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to housekeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Personally I think 30 second clips are plenty long enough.
I agree with that, 20 seconds clips are cool as well. 20-30 seconds of a segment of a vid that is hot and grabs the attention, versus 2 minutes of the same boring scene? If you break it down, 2-3 seconds is enough to grab someone's interests if it is something that tickles their fancy. That's why they are called trailors or teasers, and when you look at commercials or big screen movie trailors and see how quickly scenes are edited together, you'll realize that it only takes a few seconds to get into someone's brain. That's why this new tools sounds ideal, isn't the idea still to make people want more, wet their appetite?
housekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 06:38 PM   #11
Ms Naughty
old enough to be Grandma Scrotum

Send a message via ICQ to Ms Naughty
I think 30 seconds is fine. Just wish it were available on the movies I want to promote. Ah well, I guess it's like Emmanuelle says, they're re-selling the content of others so I too would feel tetchy at seeing my content all over the place.

By the way... Hi Emmanuelle! Long time no see!
Old 2010-02-05, 10:23 AM   #12
maxprohost
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Awesome Job!!
maxprohost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 03:11 PM   #13
Lucifuge
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Send a message via ICQ to Lucifuge Send a message via AIM to Lucifuge
I'm an affiliate of Movie Dollars and sorry if I'm missing something really obvious, but I do not see the webmaster tab as shown in the 'How To' tutorial. Any ideas?
Old 2010-02-08, 11:37 AM   #14
HotMoviesJ

Glad to hear Clip making is going well.

Studios do have the choice of opting out of the d30 program. For those that have chose to opt out, there will not be a "webmaster tools" option.

Also make sure the video is offered in "Ultra" stream speed (Most content is Ultra). There will not be a "Webmaster Tools" option for video not offered in "Ultra" stream speed.

Quick tip for those who wish to link back to a Custom Theater:

You can place your CT variable after the 3rd comma in the HTML code for your D30 clip. This will replace the "Watch More at Hotmovies.com" By placing the CT variable, your domain will replace "hotmovies.com"

Feel free to shoot me an email joshua@moviedollars.com if you have any trouble.
Old 2010-02-21, 10:18 PM   #15
StrokeKing

i give it a try on my blog.. great job!
Old 2010-02-22, 04:57 PM   #16
HotMoviesJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokeKing View Post
i give it a try on my blog.. great job!
Awesome. Post a link when you get it running!
Old 2010-03-24, 02:24 PM   #17
davion

Great tool buddy. Nice one. Is that for real?
davion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 02:29 PM   #18
James_HotMovies

the dirty thirty has been doing well, boxometer has been doing better.

we replaced our banners on a few sites with boxometer listings and saw an increase on clickthroughs and sales.

Still waiting for my developers to get the RSS on the dirty thirty working correctly. They just don't get it sometimes.