Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2010-09-23, 09:36 AM   #76
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I don't even see how he can start back up without paying back that money whether it's his fault or not, or having it unfrozen if that is the actual case.
Well that is a given. Assuming this gets sorted out, eP will be dead in the water if their clients loose money.
Quote:
I love they way they always tell you, your money is safe. Great! But it's not in my hands. Why don't you let me have it so I can keep it safe myself LOL.
Because there is no legal way he can do this. It would require monumental financial misdealing at eP's end, and if they even tried they are looking at 20+ years in prison. And worse, any US bank account that they do manage to get money into is going to get frozen by the government while they look into it, which will probably take years! You really want to be unable to withdraw any money from your own bank account for the next few years?
Quote:
I do admit that I always found them to be pretty incompetent They are complete screw ups in my eyes.
Another given, but this time, there lack of a brain (or heart) is not the cause of the problem.

The problem is US federal banking law, which is a mess to put it mildly. There are corrupt African states run by incompetent military juntas who have better banking systems that the US. An when things go tits up, it takes them ages to sort things out.

It is costing the US a fortune, because no one likes to do business with American companies, not because they don't like the companies, but because it is such a pain to exchange money for services/goods. Part of the reason your economy has still not fully recovered from the crash is down to this.

As an example, the only US companies I currently use are sponsors (because there are very few non US ones), eBay/PayPal (because they have an European division which is separate from the American division, so I do not have to deal with US laws), and ePassporte (which has just confirmed my "never use US companies" rule). For things like hosting, payment processing, affiliate account management, distribution, advertising, etc - for which there are plenty of good US companies I can use - I always use European companies because of the shit problems of dealing with US banking laws.

This is also why ePassporte got so big so quickly. No country likes dealing with US banks, simply because the law on your side of the planet is so unfit for purpose that it makes life difficult for everyone. And when a non US bank does deal with a US bank they charge their clients high. For example to cash a non British cheque from any country other than the US costs me up to about the equivalent of a dollar and a half. To cash a US cheque costs me nearly the equivalent of 20 dollars, over ten times as much! And baring in mind that some sponsors send me a cheque when the amount goes over $50, that means I have to give nearly half my money to the bank (one sponsor even sends out cheques for $35). So going via ePassporte and using ATM to withdraw is the only sensible way to go if you do not live in the US. Since the US now only accounts for less than a third of English Language business on the 'net, any sponsor who does not offer ePassporte is throwing away two thirds of their business, no sane company would do that! So, assuming this matter does get cleared up, eP is here to stay, at least until someone starts a viable alternative.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 11:04 AM   #77
Charlie
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
Well that is a given. Assuming this gets sorted out, eP will be dead in the water if their clients loose money.

Because there is no legal way he can do this. It would require monumental financial misdealing at eP's end, and if they even tried they are looking at 20+ years in prison. And worse, any US bank account that they do manage to get money into is going to get frozen by the government while they look into it, which will probably take years! You really want to be unable to withdraw any money from your own bank account for the next few years?

Another given, but this time, there lack of a brain (or heart) is not the cause of the problem.

The problem is US federal banking law, which is a mess to put it mildly. There are corrupt African states run by incompetent military juntas who have better banking systems that the US. An when things go tits up, it takes them ages to sort things out.

It is costing the US a fortune, because no one likes to do business with American companies, not because they don't like the companies, but because it is such a pain to exchange money for services/goods. Part of the reason your economy has still not fully recovered from the crash is down to this.

As an example, the only US companies I currently use are sponsors (because there are very few non US ones), eBay/PayPal (because they have an European division which is separate from the American division, so I do not have to deal with US laws), and ePassporte (which has just confirmed my "never use US companies" rule). For things like hosting, payment processing, affiliate account management, distribution, advertising, etc - for which there are plenty of good US companies I can use - I always use European companies because of the shit problems of dealing with US banking laws.

This is also why ePassporte got so big so quickly. No country likes dealing with US banks, simply because the law on your side of the planet is so unfit for purpose that it makes life difficult for everyone. And when a non US bank does deal with a US bank they charge their clients high. For example to cash a non British cheque from any country other than the US costs me up to about the equivalent of a dollar and a half. To cash a US cheque costs me nearly the equivalent of 20 dollars, over ten times as much! And baring in mind that some sponsors send me a cheque when the amount goes over $50, that means I have to give nearly half my money to the bank (one sponsor even sends out cheques for $35). So going via ePassporte and using ATM to withdraw is the only sensible way to go if you do not live in the US. Since the US now only accounts for less than a third of English Language business on the 'net, any sponsor who does not offer ePassporte is throwing away two thirds of their business, no sane company would do that! So, assuming this matter does get cleared up, eP is here to stay, at least until someone starts a viable alternative.
You think any of these companies being temporarily offered have a shot? Like payoneer or Web Money etc?

Does security have anything to do with US Banking problems? I mean I like the idea my money is insured for up to a quarter million or do all countries do that (or at least in Europe)?
Old 2010-09-23, 11:12 AM   #78
ArtWilliams
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to ArtWilliams
Quote:
You think any of these companies being temporarily offered have a shot? Like payoneer or Web Money etc?

Does security have anything to do with US Banking problems? I mean I like the idea my money is insured for up to a quarter million or do all countries do that (or at least in Europe)?
I am certain the the ePassporte VISA was suspended due to their inability to satisfy American anti-money laundering laws. Can these other companies satisfy those requirements? It is highly unlikely.
ArtWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 02:18 PM   #79
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
I have no idea about Web Money, but Payoneer has no hope unless they change their policies - see my comments in a earlier post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally the problem was simply the American government's fear of foreigners, they put up all sorts of barriers to foreign money to stop non-American companies getting a toe-hold in US trade. Unfortunately no one realised that it worked both ways, and you were keeping foreign money out, screwing up the US balance of payments.

I have also been told (by a bank manager) that the US banking system itself is very backward compared with most European countries, so that the problems are compounded by the fact that American banks simply do not have as high a level of technology as Europe.

I would guess that the current security fears have made things even worse, and the eP problems may (as artwilliams assumes) be wholly or partly triggered by this. But all countries have the same problem, so the US government has no excuse for being worse than elsewhere.

It is also possible that the crash scared more useless regulations into being (but...ditto).

However the shit state of US banking laws is not a new thing, it predates the twin towers attack, I have been having problems for about 20 years, and when I started working internationally it was already very much an old story.

Worryingly, since so many major banking transactions are beginning to rely on Broadband, and America lags far behind Europe in broadband availability, things are probably going to get worse.

In short, George W. had already mortgaged the US's ass to Asia before the crash, now things are even worse. And if the banking system does not pull itself out of the past and get with the program, America will never be able to get enough money in to pay off it's foreign debts. The result will be galloping inflation, low wages, and mass unemployment. So if Mr Ob does not do something pretty drastic pretty quick, the Mexican border will soon be patrolled by Mexican soldiers, desperately trying to stop US citizens sneaking into Mexico looking for work!

|skyfall|
Old 2010-09-23, 04:34 PM   #80
Charlie

Quote:
I have no idea about Web Money, but Payoneer has no hope unless they change their policies - see my comments in a earlier post in this thread.

Originally the problem was simply the American government's fear of foreigners, they put up all sorts of barriers to foreign money to stop non-American companies getting a toe-hold in US trade. Unfortunately no one realised that it worked both ways, and you were keeping foreign money out, screwing up the US balance of payments.

I have also been told (by a bank manager) that the US banking system itself is very backward compared with most European countries, so that the problems are compounded by the fact that American banks simply do not have as high a level of technology as Europe.

I would guess that the current security fears have made things even worse, and the eP problems may (as artwilliams assumes) be wholly or partly triggered by this. But all countries have the same problem, so the US government has no excuse for being worse than elsewhere.

It is also possible that the crash scared more useless regulations into being (but...ditto).

However the shit state of US banking laws is not a new thing, it predates the twin towers attack, I have been having problems for about 20 years, and when I started working internationally it was already very much an old story.

Worryingly, since so many major banking transactions are beginning to rely on Broadband, and America lags far behind Europe in broadband availability, things are probably going to get worse.

In short, George W. had already mortgaged the US's ass to Asia before the crash, now things are even worse. And if the banking system does not pull itself out of the past and get with the program, America will never be able to get enough money in to pay off it's foreign debts. The result will be galloping inflation, low wages, and mass unemployment. So if Mr Ob does not do something pretty drastic pretty quick, the Mexican border will soon be patrolled by Mexican soldiers, desperately trying to stop US citizens sneaking into Mexico looking for work!

|skyfall|
I'm sort of curious why the US banking is such a problem unless they are also that valuable? Can't we just be ignored and outcasted or are our finances that valuable?

Personally I think our entire country is a whorehouse that everyone wants to invade and rape and give nothing back to

P.S. I also feel this way about the successful famous people here who actually owe this country something due to their success. They seem to be more concerned with PR and doing things for banana republics than helping out and fixing our own problems here.

Last edited by Charlie; 2010-09-23 at 04:36 PM..
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 06:08 PM   #81
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
I'm sort of curious why the US banking is such a problem unless they are also that valuable?
If you mean to other countries: Because we do business with some US companies, and they usually have American bank accounts!

If you mean to the US: Because you buy foreign goods, go on foreign holidays, and send money abroad through other means (eg, American soldiers fighting abroad). You have to have as much money coming in as going out (preferably more coming in than going out) or you end up in serious financial shit, the Government has to "create" more money which leads to inflation, unemployment, etc.... You also need money coming in to pay off that huge national debt the idiot W. ran up while in office. Fail to do that, and America ends up like a bankrupt third world country!

Oh, US banking is very important indeed.
Old 2010-09-23, 06:14 PM   #82
Charlie

Quote:
If you mean to other countries: Because we do business with some US companies, and they usually have American bank accounts!

If you mean to the US: Because you buy foreign goods, go on foreign holidays, and send money abroad through other means (eg, American soldiers fighting abroad). You have to have as much money coming in as going out (preferably more coming in than going out) or you end up in serious financial shit, the Government has to "create" more money which leads to inflation, unemployment, etc.... You also need money coming in to pay off that huge national debt the idiot W. ran up while in office. Fail to do that, and America ends up like a bankrupt third world country!

Oh, US banking is very important indeed.
Well, I already admitted we are a whorehouse, but I don't think you third world leeches would even exist if not for us and that goes for Europe too LOL!

And I'm not even talking about WW II LOL, I'm talking money!
Old 2010-09-23, 06:57 PM   #83
Charlie

Here's for you immigrant fucks! LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvMK...eature=related
Old 2010-09-23, 08:31 PM   #84
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Well, I already admitted we are a whorehouse, but I don't think you third world leeches would even exist if not for us
You suffer from the same problem as me, you are still living in the 1970's. Back then America was a great nation, but now it is Asia that is propping the USA up, not the other way round. At the moment your country owes countries like China so much money that if China says "jump" the USA has to ask "How high sir?" and then damn well jump. Fortunately China and India also make a lot of money from exporting to the US, so they don't want to rock the boat. But if the President goes all protectionist and starts bringing in trade levies or some such thing (which must look inviting in the current economical climate), or if he stops that aid you keep moaning about, then countries like China can retaliate by demanding that the loans get repaid, then it will be the 1930s all over again. (I don't think this will happen while Mr Ob is in power, but if he looses the next election and you get someone like Palin in, there is a serious risk she will get patriotic and protectionist, if that looks like happening, emigrate to Canada or Europe before it is too late!)

However the most imminent worry is over America's credit rating. At the moment it is good, but if it drops, you owe more money that Greece does, so the same thing will happen in America as is happening there, prices are going up, and salaries are going down. Serious poverty for most people, however not as bad as the above scenario (but there is a greater chance of it happening, even with a good President).
Old 2010-09-23, 09:38 PM   #85
Charlie

Quote:
You suffer from the same problem as me, you are still living in the 1970's. Back then America was a great nation, but now it is Asia that is propping the USA up, not the other way round. At the moment your country owes countries like China so much money that if China says "jump" the USA has to ask "How high sir?" and then damn well jump. Fortunately China and India also make a lot of money from exporting to the US, so they don't want to rock the boat. But if the President goes all protectionist and starts bringing in trade levies or some such thing (which must look inviting in the current economical climate), or if he stops that aid you keep moaning about, then countries like China can retaliate by demanding that the loans get repaid, then it will be the 1930s all over again. (I don't think this will happen while Mr Ob is in power, but if he looses the next election and you get someone like Palin in, there is a serious risk she will get patriotic and protectionist, if that looks like happening, emigrate to Canada or Europe before it is too late!)

However the most imminent worry is over America's credit rating. At the moment it is good, but if it drops, you owe more money that Greece does, so the same thing will happen in America as is happening there, prices are going up, and salaries are going down. Serious poverty for most people, however not as bad as the above scenario (but there is a greater chance of it happening, even with a good President).
Again, then why are you dealing with us? I can do without Chink Lead in my baby products so what is the big fucking deal with our American Banks? You must love us for some reason in additiion to be so fucking jealous you can't handle it.
Old 2010-09-23, 10:33 PM   #86
hashbury
My name is hashbury not assburry

Found this at the zoo

Dear ePassporte Account Holders,

St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank, without our prior knowledge, has turned off the ability for ePassporte to access or display Account Holders' Visa Card balances. This means that when you login to your ePassporte Account, you will only be able to see your Wallet balance. As a consequence, inquiries regarding your Visa Card balance must be directed to St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank. St Kitts Bank is responsible for all funds on Visa Cards. Their contact information is as follows:

St. Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank Ltd.

Central Street,
P.O. Box 343
Basseterre, St. Kitts, West Indies

Tel: (869) 465-2204 Mon - Thurs: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fri: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fax: (869) 465-1050
Email: webmaster@sknanb.com

ePassporte will continue to provide support with regard to the funds in your Wallet. We kindly ask for your patience as we must verify Accounts and balances manually.

Thank You,

ePassporte Account Holder Services
Old 2010-09-23, 11:04 PM   #87
twinkerbell
Lord help me, I'm just not that bright

Send a message via ICQ to twinkerbell Send a message via Yahoo to twinkerbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbury View Post
Found this at the zoo

St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank, without our prior knowledge, has turned off the ability for ePassporte to access or display Account Holders' Visa Card balances. This means that when you login to your ePassporte Account, you will only be able to see your Wallet balance. As a consequence, inquiries regarding your Visa Card balance must be directed to St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank. St Kitts Bank is responsible for all funds on Visa Cards. Their contact information is as follows:

Central Street,
P.O. Box 343

ePassporte will continue to provide support with regard to the funds in your Wallet. We kindly ask for your patience as we must verify Accounts and balances manually.

Thank You,

pppfffff....and now our monies are gone...great magic there f@#!*&g EPASS!
Old 2010-09-24, 05:46 AM   #88
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Again, then why are you dealing with us?
I answered that question a couple of posts back!!!!!!!

As I said the other day, read the whole thread before replying to it. If you just look at one post and reply without reading the rest of the thread you are bound to either ask what has already been answered, repeat what has already been said, or say something stupid. It is inconsiderate to all other users to simply use this forum to air your views without first reading those of others. Sure, some people will have widely different views to other people (such as you and I over ePassport's culpability), and everyone has the right to state their own views. But at least have the good manners and common decency to read other people's posts in the thread before adding your own.
Old 2010-09-24, 07:47 AM   #89
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

There is nothing to worry about. We are all going to get paid at the same time that iBill pays us.

Again noting to worry about your funds are safe.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 08:15 AM   #90
Charlie

Quote:
I answered that question a couple of posts back!!!!!!!

As I said the other day, read the whole thread before replying to it. If you just look at one post and reply without reading the rest of the thread you are bound to either ask what has already been answered, repeat what has already been said, or say something stupid. It is inconsiderate to all other users to simply use this forum to air your views without first reading those of others. Sure, some people will have widely different views to other people (such as you and I over ePassport's culpability), and everyone has the right to state their own views. But at least have the good manners and common decency to read other people's posts in the thread before adding your own.
Not to get too personal, but just because you say something (long winded or not) doesn't make it a fact.
Old 2010-09-24, 08:34 AM   #91
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Not to get too personal, but just because you say something (long winded or not) doesn't make it a fact.
True, but irrelevant. When you ask a question and get an answer, there is no point in asking the same fucking question over and over again, even if you think the answer is wrong. Instead read the answer. If you don't agree with the answer, post to disagree with it if you like, BUT DON'T KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION, that is just childish.
Old 2010-09-24, 08:53 AM   #92
PhoneMistress
Operator! Give me the number for 911!

Quote:
... I can do without Chink Lead in my baby products so what is the big fucking deal with our American Banks?...
Did you say "Chink"? Please tell me that is a typo.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:34 AM   #93
terry
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneMistress View Post

Doubt its a typo. He is referring to the lead paint in the countless products we use everyday.. or used to before we found out how dangerous it is to us. hahaha
terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 09:39 AM   #94
Cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneMistress View Post
We have gotten so politically correct that it has almost become incorrect. The other day I was called a racist on FaceBook because I called Bush a rich white man.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:19 AM   #95
bluebrit
Along for the ride and loving it.

Just a FYI. I came across this on another forum while searching up to date information on the current epass mess from the latest links on google.

link

I just spoke to "St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank". This is what I got:

Bjorn: What seems to be the problem?
Nevis: We are working on it.

Bjorn: What seems to be the problem? (again)
Nevis: Your funds are safe.

Bjorn: Why are you avoiding the question?
Nevis: I'm not.

Bjorn: So what is the actual problem that you're working on?
Nevis: We're working on it.

Bjorn: Why can't I access my funds?
Nevis: We're working on it.

Bjorn: Where are the funds?
Nevis: We are not obliged to tell you that.

Bjorn: How can I get hold of my money?
Nevis: You can't but your funds are safe.

Nevis: We'll make statement and give more information on the 30th of Sept.

By this time I was furious and hanged up. Fucking Scammers.

By the way, anyone who is interested in taking legal action (when orif needed), please contact me by email or PM to register your interest. (after the press release on the 30th Sept). I've already heard from some who are interested.

Now I don't know what truth there is in the above but it does make sense that the bank will need a few days to issue a statement so I think we may have to wait until the 30th to find out what's going to happen.

In the meantime it's a waiting game and I am watching the latest links on google for any other new information regarding this.
bluebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:21 AM   #96
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

Quote:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING YOUR EPASSPORTE ACCOUNT

Central Street,
P.O. Box 343

Thank You,

stick a fork in them, they are done. Can't say I am surprised.
Old 2010-09-24, 11:28 AM   #97
Greenguy
The Original Greenguy (Est'd 1996) & AVN HOF Member - I Crop Pics For Thumbs In My Sleep

Send a message via ICQ to Greenguy
I just logged in & sure enough, my account is about $100 lighter I had $100 (or so) in there when this all happened. Since then, one sponsor did pay me about $50 - this money is still in there, which is actually a bright light, assuming that I can transfer that $50 over to my normal bank's checking account (which I do have set up in ePass)

I'm not real happy about the $100 I have to now hunt down, but if I can have money sent to ePass by sponsors that can't figure out how to cut checks & then transfer that money to my bank account, that'd still be worth it for me.

Promote POV Porn Cash By Building & Submitting Galleries to the Porn Luv Network
Greenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:36 AM   #98
Cleo

That person who had around a quarter of a million in their account killed themselves.
http://www.gfy.com/showthread.php?t=988829
Old 2010-09-24, 12:01 PM   #99
Emerald
If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

Send a message via ICQ to Emerald
newest on the epassport saga
Source for this post:
https://www.sknanb.com/message.htm

To All SKNANB Visa Prepaid Cardholders

SKNANB is committed to adhering to Visa's stringent program requirements and maintaining the integrity of the global payment network. On instruction of SKNANB, on September 23rd, 2010, ePassporte's network access for cards issued by SKNANB was disabled. As a result, SKNANB prepaid cardholders will not be able to view their card balances through the ePassporte.com website.

SKNANB is actively working to restore, as soon as possible, SKNANB prepaid cardholders' ability to obtain information regarding their Visa card balances and to access Visa card funds. SKNANB prepaid cardholders can expect further communication from SKNANB on or before September 30th 2010.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your SKNANB prepaid card, please contact SKNANB at vcprepaid@sknanb.com. In addition, a dedicated telephone line will be established shortly.

SKNANB thanks you for your continued patience.

St. Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank Limited
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 12:22 PM   #100
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

I get the feeling the conversation went something like:

Quote:
9/2 Chris Mallick, Epassporte: Hey, you had some wind yesterday. We can't access our accounts, we have a lot of people wondering, will the accounts be turned back on?
9/2 SKNANB, Yes, we had a hurricane yesterday or we would have shut you off on 9/1. Maybe.

9/10, CM, Epassporte: Are we going to get the money back?
9/10 SKNANB: Maybe. Check back next week.

9/17, CM, Epassporte: Any word on the money?
9/17, SKNANB: Maybe. Check back next week.

9/23, CM, Epassporte: Any word on the money?
9/23, SKNANB: You aren't getting it.
9/23, CM, Epassporte: Ok, hey, did you see my movie?
9/23, SKNANB: I must have missed it, how long was it in the theaters?