Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > TGP Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-12-01, 01:12 PM   #1
bunky2u
Hey, can you take the wheel for a second, I have to scratch my self in two places at once

Send a message via ICQ to bunky2u
Gallery Builders Corner: The Big Picture of Sponsor Content.

Good morning good people of Greenguy and Jim!

For those of you who are interested, here is the link to my newest article for the Adult Buzz blog:

http://www.adultbuzz.com/pblog/entry.php?id=160

any feed back good or bad is welcome.

Thanks,
bunky2u
Old 2004-12-02, 04:59 PM   #2
GeorgeTH
Don't let a programmer design your front-end pages!

I can understand his frustration and reasoning, but from a TGP owner's view I can say these few things about sponsor content:

1. I'm getting completely bored with sponsor content!
2. most sponsor content is simply 'shit' = low quality video caps!
3. it's wasting my time; quite often I get within 1 or 2 days the same sets in various templates - they get rejected, but I still have to click through all of them when I review!
Overall my site is still getting far too few submissions - imagine the poor reviewer of a site with 2,000+ submissions!! It's much easier to 'blacklist sponsor content only submitters' and keep the submission number low...
(My policy still is: first come, first served)
4. It's quite often competing with my own advertising and -of course- with sponsor hosted galleries!

re. large images:
I actually like (within reason) large and clear images, and surfers who can't download them due to access speed would anyhow click away from most slow loading graphic-heavy paysite tours... I believe most sites reason for rejecting large images has more to do with 'giving away too much' - with which I only agree to a point.
Old 2004-12-02, 05:32 PM   #3
MrMaryLou
i fucking told i type to fucking fast wtf

Send a message via ICQ to MrMaryLou
In reading your blog I really think your off base that to use sponsor content in galleries and sites is the better option most places wont list those sites or galleries cause all they have to do is use the sponsor hosted galleries or sites. I think sponsor content can be best used in other ways as in hub pages and such. Also big file sizes come on are you willing to throw away countless thousands if not millions of surfers who cant get broadband? Remember this "Ronald nobody who makes little ones out of big ones all week comes home all alone to his trailer with pocket full of credit cards surfing the net on his good old dial up" The moral to this story is don't leave any food on the table
Old 2004-12-03, 01:28 PM   #4
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Who do you believe you are serving with that poorly edited essay? You can flip-off TGP owners all day, but that won't get your shitty sponsor content listed. We realize that one cannot promote single babe sites with pics of another chick, but that doesn't mean we are going to accept the same image set over and over again. In that situation it is just as George stated; first come first server. As far as vid caps go, I reject almost every vid cap submission I receive. Not only are the images crap, but I see the same low-quality caps over and over and over again.

How do you figure that only 30% of Americans are on dial-up? Think again. Last I heard, dial-up users are still the majority. Even if we said 'screw the dial-up users', over sized images still suck. If you have any level of constant server load, big images are going to load slowly even for broadband users. The fact is, I live in a small city, and if I drive only 10-20 minutes out of town, people still can't get cable and the phone lines won't support dsl. But according to your rant, we should just say the hell with them. Good. I'll take their business if you don't want it.
Old 2004-12-03, 03:19 PM   #5
bunky2u
Hey, can you take the wheel for a second, I have to scratch my self in two places at once

Quote:
You can flip-off TGP owners all day
Just how am I doing that?

My goal for any article is looking at tightening up the industry. It is never meant to offend anybody, nor is it to be taken to heart as the ultimate voice of gallery builders. I am not an expert but, I did research this article. Quite a few gallery builders agree with it, others did not, and that is fine. Like I said, I welcome all feedback.

I firmly believe that dial up is going the way of the 8 track and the VHS;providing that they don't come up with something faster than broadband in the near future, in a year or two it will be widespread, reaching rural areas with ease.

MrMaryLou and Useless Warrior, I thank you for your delightful insight, without a harsher critique to balance off the superlative praise, I would indeed have a fat head, believing I can do no wrong.

Thanks to everybody else who read the article as well.

Enjoy your weekend!

bunky2u
Old 2004-12-03, 08:35 PM   #6
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally posted by bunky2u

MrMaryLou and Useless Warrior, I thank you for your delightful insight, without a harsher critique to balance off the superlative praise, I would indeed have a fat head, believing I can do no wrong.

bunky2u
Well damn ya. What's the point of being harsh if you're going to thank us for it? You're taking all the fun out of it.
Old 2004-12-03, 09:25 PM   #7
bunky2u

Have no fear, I promise that I will write more articles for you to tear to peices. lol

bunky2u