Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > TGP Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-08-05, 05:09 PM   #1
gt68lt70
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Traffic

I saw people saying they only submit to the top traffic TGP.

This makes sense for TGPs that don't accept auto-submission because they have to do it manually.

But for TGPs that accept auto-submitters, is it not better to submit to all of the TGPs you can find?

I mean, even if some gives you very little traffic, any amount of traffic is good right? Recip buttons and html pages take very little space compared to the content.
gt68lt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 06:26 PM   #2
Adult Traffic
Pay No Attention To Me, I Am Insane

Send a message via ICQ to Adult Traffic
Yes... and no.

The top referring sites in my stats send about 40,000 per week consistently to my galleries. There is about 1 page of the top referring sites, from maybe 40/k down to 1500 hits or so. I guess 1500 hits/week are something...

Then I have about 10 pages of referrers, with the last 9 pages all 1 hit and 2 hit sites.

Not sure it's worth the time to go and weed them all out of my submitter programs is the only reason they're still in there.

A one hit or 2 hit site isn't worth the storage space.

Here's another little secret. A good majority of sites accept submissions just for the recip link, and never really plan to list you. Check your logs and submit logs for errors, page doesn't exist of things like..

"Submission declined! You are only allowed to submit 0 galleries per day!"

or this classic.. "Too many off site links! You are allowed to have 3!" .. So, I can have 3 recips but no gallery sponsor links, OK, as long as I know the rules.

I will 404 their recip so fast

AST

Last edited by Adult Traffic; 2004-08-05 at 06:28 PM..
Adult Traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 07:42 PM   #3
gt68lt70
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Quote:
Originally posted by Adult Traffic
Yes... and no.

The top referring sites in my stats send about 40,000 per week consistently to my galleries. There is about 1 page of the top referring sites, from maybe 40/k down to 1500 hits or so. I guess 1500 hits/week are something...

Then I have about 10 pages of referrers, with the last 9 pages all 1 hit and 2 hit sites.

Not sure it's worth the time to go and weed them all out of my submitter programs is the only reason they're still in there.

A one hit or 2 hit site isn't worth the storage space.

Here's another little secret. A good majority of sites accept submissions just for the recip link, and never really plan to list you. Check your logs and submit logs for errors, page doesn't exist of things like..

"Submission declined! You are only allowed to submit 0 galleries per day!"

or this classic.. "Too many off site links! You are allowed to have 3!" .. So, I can have 3 recips but no gallery sponsor links, OK, as long as I know the rules.

I will 404 their recip so fast

AST
Thanks.

I am not sure I would remove the 1 or 2 hit site. It only takes 1 hit to make a sale! Also, you never know when they are going to grow or buy some traffic or get a better SE listing.

I guess removing cheating TGP is very important. It is a lot of trouble though since you have to go edit a gallery that has recip links to other TGP.

Any submitter that manages these details?
Old 2004-08-05, 07:49 PM   #4
Adult Traffic

I wouldn't remove them from existing galleries that are already listed, just go through your database in the program, remove their link code, and mark them as do not submit, locked or delete, whatever type of program you're using will have a different method.
Old 2004-08-05, 09:12 PM   #5
gt68lt70

Quote:
I wouldn't remove them from existing galleries that are already listed, just go through your database in the program, remove their link code, and mark them as do not submit, locked or delete, whatever type of program you're using will have a different method.
I have to get an auto-submitter... There are so many of them though.

I think the most important factors would be:

1- ability to add/remove TGP from a list.
2- nice way of maintaining a list of rules for each TGP.
3- maybe ability to make thumbs.
4- automated gallery duplication with recip insertion.
5- auto email confirmation.
... probably a lot more ...
Old 2004-08-05, 11:10 PM   #6
Adult Traffic

I use 3 very different systems.

http://tgsw.net
I have used TGSW for years. I build a template, upload a few hundred thumbs, set a cron to hit it at 5 after midnight Pacific and that's it.

TGSW is my favorite by far because it works even when I don't.

If you don't know how to set a cron then your server admin can do it. I don't know how many hundreds of thousands, probably millions of gallery hits I've moved with that over time. The beauty is if you upload 450 images then that's enough for 30 days and it'll just repeat OR move on to another category.
There are 67 niches.

I also use Chameleon. This autosubmitter will make all of your thumbs for you AND submit them to the tgps that require that size of thumb.

I also use Russian Submitter. It's pretty good, maybe just OK, and it only submits one thumb size, 88x88 and you need to make it, and it hotlinks it from your server.
Not good if you use hotlink protection, and you better be if you're submitting galleries IMO.

I confirm everything with econfirmpro running on my server. It confirms and deletes by script, subject or sender.

AST
Old 2004-08-06, 11:22 AM   #7
gt68lt70

Quote:
I use 3 very different systems.

http://tgsw.net
I have used TGSW for years. I build a template, upload a few hundred thumbs, set a cron to hit it at 5 after midnight Pacific and that's it.

TGSW is my favorite by far because it works even when I don't.

If you don't know how to set a cron then your server admin can do it. I don't know how many hundreds of thousands, probably millions of gallery hits I've moved with that over time. The beauty is if you upload 450 images then that's enough for 30 days and it'll just repeat OR move on to another category.
There are 67 niches.

I also use Chameleon. This autosubmitter will make all of your thumbs for you AND submit them to the tgps that require that size of thumb.

I also use Russian Submitter. It's pretty good, maybe just OK, and it only submits one thumb size, 88x88 and you need to make it, and it hotlinks it from your server.
Not good if you use hotlink protection, and you better be if you're submitting galleries IMO.

I confirm everything with econfirmpro running on my server. It confirms and deletes by script, subject or sender.

AST
Thanks a lot for the information.

I hope you make a lot of sales with all this.

Ever tried 'Advanced Sumitter', I read a lot of people are using it.
Old 2004-08-06, 12:54 PM   #8
Adult Traffic

Thanks, galleries are just a hobby for me. Not sure why I even do them really. Back when I used to need the money from gallery sales, there was none. Now I do pretty for the time I put in, maybe it's just experience coming around.

No I never used advanced submitter. I have 2 manny programs and scripts now, but it looks nice and at $98.00 isn't unreasonably priced.

Have a nice day,

AST