Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2017-02-27, 08:05 AM   #1
ecchi
Banned

27th February, and Ecchi is now older than when he last posted.

My sister took me out to dinner yesterday, as it was my birthday. Unfortunately it was Sunday, and most of the restaurants were closed. We eventually found an Indian curry house which was a nice place, but curry is not the ideal meal for someone who has to limit the quantity of liquid he drinks! I had squid masala with onion and garlic rice, and chili cauliflower as a side. They were delicious.

However visually squid masala is the most revolting dish to look at. You would think squid is a revolting enough dish to look at anyway, and that it is impossible to make squid look worse. Not true. The sauce was thick and light brown, looked like incipient poop. The squid had been cut into thin strips that looked like earthworms. These stuck up out of the poop like real worms. To make matters worse, the squid worms are "rubbery" so as you lifted a fork full of this worm filled poop to your mouth they wobbled, looking like live worms wriggling.

But if you could get over the look of it, it was delicious. And the chili cauliflower was even better.

My sister (as usual) ordered no main, but a whole pile of sides, then found she could not eat them all. I could not finish up all my rice. All this was put in a doggy bag, so I have leftovers for lunch today.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote