Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2017-11-21, 03:04 PM   #1
sarettah
Asleep at the switch? I wasn't asleep, I was drunk

FCC planning to repeal Net Neutrality

I posted a thread about this at gfy and xbiz so I decided I would put one here too.

Nobody seems to be discussing this much and I am thinking it is a pretty major deal for the Adult Internet.

If Net Neutrality is repealed then ISPs would have be able to block Adult content if they wanted to or make a user pay more to be able to access it. I am thinking that this could drastically cut into an already dwindling sales volume.

Is there any upside of it for The Adult Internet?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...utrality-rules

Quote:
Federal regulators are on track to loosen regulations of cable and telecom companies.

The Federal Communications Commission will vote Dec. 14 on a plan to undo the landmark 2015 rules that had placed Internet service providers like Comcast and Verizon under the strictest-ever regulatory oversight.

The vote is expected to repeal so-called net neutrality rules, which prevent broadband companies from slowing down or blocking any sites or apps, or otherwise deciding what content gets to users faster.

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai on Tuesday said his repeal proposal would "stop micromanaging the Internet." Instead his plan would require Internet providers to disclose what exactly they're doing – for example, whether they allow some websites or apps to pay extra for faster streaming.

Last edited by sarettah; 2017-11-21 at 03:43 PM..
sarettah is offline   Reply With Quote