Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-01-08, 09:44 PM   #1
tiny
Hello, is this President Clinton? Good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you

Holy shit Microcrap something that works haha

Yeah I know go figure they have a antispyware program that actually works.
Thats because they didn't make it haha,they bought it .I downloaded this proggie
and was shocked it FUCKIN ROCKS.It found and removed shit that I never saw with the other things I use.
I thought I had some good proggies but this ones sweet it was made by Giant Software and folks had to pay for it.
http://www.giantcompany.com/p_antiSpyware.htm
The link from their site will take ya to MS do yourself a big favor and check it out .
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-08, 10:28 PM   #2
Alphawolf
Don't come to Florida for vacation. We're closed.

Thx man. Downloaded it and will play with it later.
Alphawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-09, 11:24 PM   #3
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
Okay, it's beta, it will only work for 6 months... but I would have to say that this is not the worst piece of software I have seen.

Most importantly, it monitors most of the major points of entry and points of "rest" for various scumware programs, and keeps them out. Runs every night (if you leave you PC on) at a set time (you can adjust) and does a pretty good job. It found a couple of left over bits from some I have removed in the past.

What can I say? Microsoft appears to have bought a winner :-)

Too bad for the scumware people... microslop is finally looking to not lock the door, but to toss your ass out as soon as you get in.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-09, 11:34 PM   #4
Alphawolf
Don't come to Florida for vacation. We're closed.

I ran it and it found nothing.

Guess FireFox works.
Alphawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-09, 11:42 PM   #5
tiny
Hello, is this President Clinton? Good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you

AW not really alot to do with running foxfire more to do with installed files that put spyware and adware onto your puter.
I didn't read the fine print about the 6 months be it'll be a microcrap freebie we hope
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-10, 02:22 AM   #6
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
tiny, there is two ways to get scumware - seeded downloads, the other part (much more nasty) is the people who use security holes to force downloads and install shit on your system as you surf.

By moving to firefox (as I did) you can get rid of a huge percentage of the potential to get scumware. I always recommend not accepting attachments on your PC mail (like outlook or whatever), but have people mail it to your hotmail account. Now with hotmail giving a ton of space for free, it's really not a hardship.

Finally, filter EVERYTHING you install. Don't be shy, run a scumware detector after every install.

Microslop might finally be on the right track here. The scumware business is headed for the toilet! :-)

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote