Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-10-01, 04:06 PM   #1
pc
Shift Out / X-On

Send a message via ICQ to pc
A joke ...

Helvetica

Last edited by pc; 2014-10-01 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: http://youtu.be/GUCcObwIsOs?list=UU6nSFpj9HTCZ5t-N3Rm3-HA
pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 03:57 PM   #2
ecchi
Banned

Well that video changed my views.

I used to think that people who hated Comic Sans were a bit sad. You know, like Star Trek geeks, only worse.

In my bedroom I have about 26 foot of shelf space dedicated to Dr Who merchandise, 13 foot of Star Wars merchandise, and God only knows how much more dedicated to other Sci-Fi franchises and to Japanese tin toys. That makes me look pretty sad and nerdy, but as I go to sleep I smile and realise that I am not as sad as those people who hate Comic Sans. They are wasting their life away hating a font!

Then I saw the video PC mentions in that post and I changed my mind. It is worse than I thought - much worse.

The reason these people do not like Comic Sans is that it does not "conform" to what they think of as "normal". It disobeys the natural order of what a font should look like. It does not stand up straight like a line of well drilled soldiers in Nazi uniform.

Comic Sans is not a pure font, so the Font SS want it obliterated, taken out of the font pool, destroyed.

Thank God for people like G and his Link O'Rama site. He still uses Comic Sans. He has posted on this very board, defending it and claiming it as "his" font. He is a brave voice standing up to these Font Nazis, he is The Schindler of Comic Sans.

Maybe one day Spielberg will make a film about G.

He can call the film "Greenguy's (Link) List".

ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 10:31 AM   #3
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
I like comic sans too. Ok, might not use it at work in a professional setting, but I have designed a lot of websites with it. It makes me want to sit down and build a free site using comic sans!
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote