Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Blogs and Blogging
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-05-14, 07:57 AM   #1
twn
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

Angry I've just removed 300 blogs from the blog directories from 15 not honest webmasters

I've just removed about 300 blogs from the blog directories (actually 300*12) from 15 webmasters that didn't answered the question if they used handwritten blog posts honestly for multiple times.

Those 15 webmasters are now on the blacklist.

Lying about if you handwritten your blog posts or not is not fair to the people that are honest.

If your honest you won't get into trouble.

[edit] You can see if your banned by entering a submitted blog in the blog submitter and pressing the Next button, make sure you enter the exact same url as when you submitted. Do this for a few submitted blogs to be sure.

* Blog Submitter * Free WordPress
twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:15 AM   #2
Mr Spock
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

So if one admits that their blog is automates - no problem. What is the incentive for lying about it then?
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 09:40 AM   #3
Bobc01
Banned

Helpfull site that twn, just looking at the resource page on a list of blog sites i can spam errrr i mean submit too.
Bobc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:22 AM   #4
emmanuelle
0100011101100101011001010 1101011001000000100001101 1010000110100101100011

Send a message via ICQ to emmanuelle
I'd probably be a little skeptical about 15 people being able to manage daily handwritten entries for 20 different blogs.
emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 05:39 AM   #5
twn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
So if one admits that their blog is automates - no problem. What is the incentive for lying about it then?
A couple months ago a new rule was introduced:
"6 or 7 blog directories will _accept_ blogs with non handwritten blog posts, the others won't. The 6 or 7 blog directories are chosen at random."

I agree that this rule isn't yet perfect, but it means that when you don't handwrite your blog post your blog will be accepted by 6 or 7 blog directories and not by 15 blog directories.

This rule was introduced to improve the overall quality of the blog directories.

When you know that it might be attractive to lie when there is no consequence when you lie. |badidea|

Last edited by twn; 2007-05-15 at 05:47 AM..
Old 2007-05-15, 05:45 AM   #6
twn

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelle View Post
I'd probably be a little skeptical about 15 people being able to manage daily handwritten entries for 20 different blogs.
I agree with you, but having some tools to help you manage these amounts of blogs isn't illegal. Actually i also used to manage my blog network of about 15 blogs with gallery2blog. I just write import a big FHG list, convert it to blog posts and add a few sentences to every single blog post. This way you have enough unique blog posts for 15 blogs for a entire year. With wordpress you can do the same, just type 50 blog posts in a evening for a blog and schedule them to appear twice a week, this way you will have a blog that is running automatic for over a half year. And when the half year passes you again take a evening off, write 50 blog posts and you are ready for yet another half year.

Last edited by twn; 2007-05-15 at 05:53 AM..
Old 2007-05-15, 12:57 PM   #7
sue-fl
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to sue-fl
Any chance of getting my blog that is listed moved to a different category? If it is I understand just thought I'd ask.
sue-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 01:41 PM   #8
Allfetish
If you really need money, you can sell your kidney or even your car

I think you use a little checkbox to denote this now? Might be better to use a drop down menu to choose either "Blog" or "Splog/auto" maybe? I wonder if some of them just got confused or filled out the form too quickly.
Allfetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 12:42 PM   #9
Jimmer
They have the Internet on computers, now?

Send a message via ICQ to Jimmer
If your blog was accepted before the rule, was it removed?
Old 2007-05-24, 09:50 AM   #10
twn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue-fl View Post
Any chance of getting my blog that is listed moved to a different category? If it is I understand just thought I'd ask.
Can you please send me a PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfetish View Post
I think you use a little checkbox to denote this now? Might be better to use a drop down menu to choose either "Blog" or "Splog/auto" maybe? I wonder if some of them just got confused or filled out the form too quickly.
The problem is that there is no general accepted and known definition of splog and/or blog. Otherwise a small dropdown menu would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
If your blog was accepted before the rule, was it removed?
No, of course not That wouldn't be fair to the submitters.

Old 2007-05-31, 12:10 AM   #11
Allfetish
If you really need money, you can sell your kidney or even your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twn View Post

The problem is that there is no general accepted and known definition of splog and/or blog. Otherwise a small dropdown menu would be better.
Oh well. Your directories I find are my favorite to submit blogs to (and whichever script is in use?). I am relieved when I see the familiar format because I know it will actually work without any number of other glitches that I often find with other software and setups (such as recip checking).
Allfetish is offline   Reply With Quote