Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2008-09-08, 07:14 PM   #1
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Don't get discouraged guys.. muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are working out, you might gain a bit. On the huge plus side, it takes more calories to support muscle, and your metabolism gets revved up for about 24 hours after a workout. You may think you are gaining weight but you really are not.

Another huge thing that I think gets missed -- Water. Shoot for 1 quart per every 50 pounds (1 litre/25 kg) to really hydrate well like the Pittsburgh Steelers do. If you are soda drinkers, cut the soda and watch the pounds drop like crazy.

And so what if you had a cheese enchilada or a muffin, or chocolate chip cookies? Don't beat yourselves up, go for a walk, have a nice big glass of water, and tell yourself how great it tasted. Then, start back on your regimen. You're all still human... still delightful... and still can take false steps. The ideal would be to go for a walk, drink the water, and forget about the treat, but hey... such is life.

You're all making great progress because you are trying to change.. you are all getting more active, and that is the best part. Now.. keep it up.
Old 2008-09-09, 06:59 AM   #2
Mateusz
Screw you, guys. I'm going home.

Send a message via ICQ to Mateusz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Another huge thing that I think gets missed -- Water. Shoot for 1 quart per every 50 pounds (1 litre/25 kg) to really hydrate well like the Pittsburgh Steelers do. If you are soda drinkers, cut the soda and watch the pounds drop like crazy.
Sorry for dumb question but not being a native speaker I'm not sure what you mean. By soda you mean carbonated water or drinks like coke, sprite and so on? I try to avoid soft drinks but I drink lots of carbonated water. I heard still water is better but I didnt know carbonated water was a no-no ?
Mateusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 12:00 AM   #3
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz View Post
Sorry for dumb question but not being a native speaker I'm not sure what you mean. By soda you mean carbonated water or drinks like coke, sprite and so on? I try to avoid soft drinks but I drink lots of carbonated water. I heard still water is better but I didnt know carbonated water was a no-no ?
Most of the carbonated water has a lot of salts in it (notice the plural). Soda usually means the sugary carbonated stuff we Americans are so hooked on. Even the diet stuff here is not that great for you from all the latest stuff that is coming out.

I think a key is to look at how much Sodium and if given chlorides are listed on the label. If the weight loss is slow, back off the carbonation and up the clean water. I know in some parts of the world that is tough!! (writes a note to herself to ask her Polish ex about Mateusz' area.) For Americans, it also means to watch anything packaged or frozen. Salts are very sneaky!!
Old 2008-09-11, 04:45 AM   #4
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

Today I weigh in at 200 grams less than Yesterday
89.5 kg or 196.9 Lbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00549.jpg (43.8 KB, 88 views)