Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-04-18, 02:59 AM   #1
Empress_JRN
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Firefox bug/s

I upgraded my firefox browser...the latest version and used their latest theme...but somethin' went wrong...there're instances that I couldn't go to a site and an error appeared saying google.com not found...and the likes...what kind of bug is this? And also the browser just closes itself when I went to sites with heavy graphics....Err...What software to use to get rid of these?|confused|

empress@joinrightnow.com

Last edited by Empress_JRN; 2006-04-18 at 03:06 AM..
Empress_JRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 04:26 PM   #2
Boaz
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

That's unusual that a Firefox upgrade would cause so much trouble. I'm assuming you upgraded to 1.5.0.2 (the latest version)? Sounds like the installation may have been corrupted. Are you running XP? If so, I'd reccomend uninstalling firefox, restarting, and reinstalling. Hope that helps!
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 05:24 PM   #3
frankthetank
Stupid risks make life worth living

Send a message via ICQ to frankthetank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_JRN
I upgraded my firefox browser...the latest version and used their latest theme...but somethin' went wrong...there're instances that I couldn't go to a site and an error appeared saying google.com not found...and the likes...what kind of bug is this? And also the browser just closes itself when I went to sites with heavy graphics....Err...What software to use to get rid of these?|confused|
I ´ve got the same problem. Did you fix it already?
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 05:35 PM   #4
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
When you upgrade firefox, it is HIGHLY recommended that you disable your plugins first. It isn't in their tech stuff, but it does help.

It sounds like in both cases you either have conflicts with plugins or a corrupted installation. I would recommend removing (add/remove programs) firefox and re-installing it from scratch with the new version.

You should export or save your bookmarks and stuff before removing the program

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 06:16 PM   #5
frankthetank
Stupid risks make life worth living

Send a message via ICQ to frankthetank
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex
When you upgrade firefox, it is HIGHLY recommended that you disable your plugins first. It isn't in their tech stuff, but it does help.

It sounds like in both cases you either have conflicts with plugins or a corrupted installation. I would recommend removing (add/remove programs) firefox and re-installing it from scratch with the new version.

You should export or save your bookmarks and stuff before removing the program

Alex
thank´s Alex. On my site it was a problem related to DSL connection / firewall and the router I´m using. There is a fix for it in the firefox forum:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...cd2619fd84720c

I´ve set an advanced rule for the firewall and set the MTU in the registry manually to 1492 (default is 1500 in XP). Now the connection works fine again.
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote