Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Products and/or Services Offered
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-10-25, 12:35 PM   #1
chilihost
Look at 'em. Watchin' my TV. Sittin on my couch. You better not be in my ass groove!

Thumbs up hosted gay iPhone / iPod mp4 videos

Here is the first list of hosted mp4 files, perfect for iPhone or iPod advertising sites: http://hunkmoney.com/mp4.txt

It includes the URLs for the mp4 files and the associated jpg image. Please let me know if this is a good format or what changes you would prefer to see.

cheers
Luke
Old 2008-10-25, 02:49 PM   #2
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Code:
http://1gaymen.com/12k/tube4/yhl-sb2-1-2.wmv.jpg
What's with the wmv in the file path?
Code:
http://1gaymen.com/12k/analdiscipline/ad-3some-lyc-2.mp4
mp4 will work but the proper file extension is m4v which makes it so that if the movie is double clicked it will be automatically added into iTunes.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 03:41 PM   #3
chilihost
Look at 'em. Watchin' my TV. Sittin on my couch. You better not be in my ass groove!

the wmv in the file path is because we converted wmv files and the conversion tool made the thumbnail images with that name.

thanks for the tip on m4v, I will look to see if my tool makes this type of file too.
Old 2008-10-25, 03:52 PM   #4
chilihost

Cleo, I own two tools to convert videos to iPhone or iPod and both of these only give .mp4 files as output. Can you provide further information on the m4v files?

BTW, will you be using these video clips if they are also available in m4v format?
Old 2008-10-25, 03:58 PM   #5
chilihost

I did some further research and found that .m4v is a non-standard extension, as is .m4a, and the proper extension is .mp4

However, as I said, if you will use .m4v video promo clips please let me know.
Old 2008-10-25, 04:15 PM   #6
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

The difference is that with mp4 you need to drag it into itunes after the movie is downloaded and m4v will automatically be added into itunes.

We started using the m4v because we had members who couldn't figure out why the movies weren't showing up in itunes. The reason was that the movies were still sitting in their download folder and they didn't know they had to manually add them to itunes.

I'm not signed up with Hunkmoney at this time so I don't know what the link code looks like. What does the hosted urls look like with a person's affiliate code?
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 11:42 PM   #7
chilihost

Cleo, thanks for the response, it makes sense. I will be doing further research and asking our webmasters if they also want m4v format. We are offering them as mp4 as we worked with some affiliates who requested that format specifically, so we wanted to offer this tool to others promoting to mobile media markets.

As for the link codes, the URLs are simply pointers to the hosted mp4 files with no linkbacks to our sites and so no affiliate codes. If you are looking for videos with linkbacks (and affiliate codes), we also provide embeddable flash videos with links in the players.

cheers,
Luke