Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-10-18, 03:22 PM   #1
jollyhumper
That's what she said

Send a message via ICQ to jollyhumper
blog-related Paranoia

Hi

I had a mentor a while last year who learned me tons of good stuff (my sales went up after I started using some of the tips)

But on one point I am curious wether it is paranoia or not;

As you know, I do blogs. Since I am on half-engine at the moment i only do blogs (freesites and galleries will return when I can do them on a steadier basis, soon to come)

Holy shit, I am a master of rambling,
HERE's THE QUESTION:

I was told by my "mentor" that I shouldn't use a few templates over and over again, because that would expose me to google.

Here's the fact. I've invested in a server, it has a certain number of ip's. Very few topics are being shared on any IP.
1 Asian, 1 teen, 1 cumshot on one ip, for instance.
Some non-important blogs shares same IP, but they do not use same themes and I basically don't care to much about what googles things of that IP.

Do you understand what I mean?
I have two favorite templates for wordpress and I know very much about them and how to alter them now. I have a couple of other templates I like too, but not that often used.

Is the "don't let Google catch you by using same template" -paranoia correct or can I, with care ofcourse, do it the way I have done so far.

And how important are making my own "DNS-servers"

If you read this far, thank you!

Hope I managed to be understood

Have a nice weekend
Jolly
jollyhumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 03:44 PM   #2
pc
Shift Out / X-On

Send a message via ICQ to pc
One of the latest statements of Matt Cutts related to last Panda and Penguine updates along with new search algorithm Hummingbird ( little bit of interesting reading ) was that that the most important thing is content.
Good backlink background and site availability are second or third now and who knows what else.
Answering your question, if you "mentor" showed you good way of doing the money in this business and told you to not overuse same template on your sites on your server on few of your ip's then I would listened him. Better be on the safe side.
But then again I bet that there are hundredths of sites using same template and some of them are doing great while some of them not so much. There to many factors to be taken under the glass and I read somewhere that when Google indexes the site, it takes over 1200 factors about the site; server, content, backlinks etc etc and I bet that design also play a role there. Who knows
pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 07:27 AM   #3
jollyhumper
That's what she said

Send a message via ICQ to jollyhumper
Thank you for your answer.
I guess you're right, when it comes to google, everything should be considered.
I just don't understand why a few templates reused should be any worse than having all the sites on one analytics account. That's a bigger giveaway in my logic. For instance.

Have a nice weekend folks
Jolly
jollyhumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 05:55 AM   #4
Jeremy82
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc View Post
Good backlink background and site availability are second or third now and who knows what else.
And age of the domain probably too...