Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-01-13, 02:04 AM   #1
jscott
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in

Send a message via ICQ to jscott
Miami

hey guys, i'm finally going to miami, i'm driving from the pensacola area all the way down there. supposedly about a 10hr drive. will be on next tuesday or wednesday til friday or saturday.

some questions for ya'll that have been there before, what do i need to expect? being kinda a tourist is there anything you recommend for me to see?

hook me up with a heads up please if you can. J
Old 2004-01-13, 08:53 AM   #2
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

I live in Fort Lauderdale which is about 25 miles north of Miami. Miami is very big and spread out with each part being very different from other parts so a lot depends on what part you are going to.

So what part of Miami are you going to? What do you enjoy?
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 10:35 AM   #3
jscott
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in

hi cleo, well i'm going to be staying with a friend around the fort lauderdale area, outskirt called "wilton manors" but i have some friends/biz associates that are staying in the beach front holiday inn, where ever thats at

but we'll be meeting out at some bars and/or restaurants probably in the downtown areas

i enjoy partying & eating & travelling so i'm sure miami has a lot to offer me
Old 2004-01-13, 10:57 AM   #4
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Wilton Manors is less then 2 miles from my house. In fact I cut through it each day on the way to the gym. It is known as the island city because you have to cross a bridge to it no matter which direction you are coming from. It is a very small city and known as the gayest cite in the US, it is almost entirely gay. They close main street off each year for the two day gay festival.

The beach front Holiday inn is just a few miles from Wilton Manors on the beach. I live between Wilton Manors and the beach in Coral Ridge Fort Lauderdale addition.

Anyway Fort Lauderdale, and it's small cities like Wilton Manors, is very different then Miami.

Be sure to check out Las Olas Blvd., about 5 miles from Wilton Manors, for fine dinning and just a nice place to walk around at night. Fort Lauderdale beach is also great for tourists. It is a 3 mile strip of sand, ocean, and bars.

If you do decide to head down to Miami then South Beach is where you want to go. Just go as far south on Miami beach as you can go, about 30 miles from Wilton Manors for some really great shopping, clubbing, and dinning.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 11:33 AM   #5
jscott

thanks a lot cleo, thats exactly the type of info i was looking for

and for you cleo and anyone else around miami/lauderdale who would like to know what i'm talking about there is a thread at gfy started now titled "Miami / Fr Lauderdale"