Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Search Engines
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-11-09, 07:49 AM   #26
Bobc01
Banned

Have you never heard of deep linking tigermom?

If a sponsored link with affiliate code get crawled from your site then yes it does count as a vote for that site.
Bobc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 08:27 AM   #27
tigermom
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to tigermom
I have heard of deep linking, but I take it to be something a bit different. Deep linking is simply building direct links to pages within your site. It's a good way to get on-topic links to specific pages within your site, rather than get rather general links to your main page and feeding all of your internal pages from there. It does not mean that the root of the domain benefits from them. Then again, it has been several years since I took SEO 101, so possibly things have changed, hence why I was asking for more resources that support your claim. Not trying to dish you, just to learn. SEO theories and ideas are like grains of sand in the Google sandbox, I want to see something substantiated such as a statement by a Google rep or a concrete experiment carried out by a reputable webmaster.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:07 AM   #28
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJSparrow View Post
Bobc01, I hope that google understands that as well. It's always concerned me that google may not like the Link List model.
Sadly seems to be the trend this year. Look at the SERPs, and so many LL's losing traffic. Sure not a glitch/update or temporary thing.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 12:58 PM   #29
Bobc01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermom View Post
I have heard of deep linking, but I take it to be something a bit different. Deep linking is simply building direct links to pages within your site. It's a good way to get on-topic links to specific pages within your site, rather than get rather general links to your main page and feeding all of your internal pages from there. It does not mean that the root of the domain benefits from them. Then again, it has been several years since I took SEO 101, so possibly things have changed, hence why I was asking for more resources that support your claim. Not trying to dish you, just to learn. SEO theories and ideas are like grains of sand in the Google sandbox, I want to see something substantiated such as a statement by a Google rep or a concrete experiment carried out by a reputable webmaster.
You don't ask for much then.

Obviously all SEO work is based on theories and i doubt anyone can give solid evidence of anything as the goal posts get moved all the time.
I was always lead to believe that deep linking was not only good for ranking content, but also to help overall site ranking in the serps as building on relevancy and popularity.
Bobc01 is offline   Reply With Quote