Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > I'm Looking For.......
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-09-08, 06:18 PM   #1
Smutferret
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you

Send a message via ICQ to Smutferret
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvincent View Post
Why not create your own site? Check it out below.
Affiliate Partner Agreement - Clause 7. Payment - Paragraph 4

"...It is the Partner's responsibility to ensure that chargebacks do not exceed 2.5% of payments. Visa and MasterCard rule that consistently breaking this will result in a fine of up to £25,000 for which Partner shall be responsible..."

Yikes! I've read a lot of white label dating partner agreements but that's the first time I've seen that. I could see terminating a partner if they produced a high level of chargebacks but that seems extreme.

Regards,
SF
Smutferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:21 AM   #2
Bobc01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutferret View Post
Affiliate Partner Agreement - Clause 7. Payment - Paragraph 4

"...It is the Partner's responsibility to ensure that chargebacks do not exceed 2.5% of payments. Visa and MasterCard rule that consistently breaking this will result in a fine of up to £25,000 for which Partner shall be responsible..."

Yikes! I've read a lot of white label dating partner agreements but that's the first time I've seen that. I could see terminating a partner if they produced a high level of chargebacks but that seems extreme.

Regards,
SF
That sounds kind of scary but you'd get contacted long before the risk of a fine. I had a site go into high risk but it wasn't that bad enough for any action.
If it had then World dating partners would of worked with me to get the chargebacks stopped, even if it meant suspending the site which would be better than a £25k fine.

Thanks to banks Indian call centres and the UK goverment losing peoples personal data on disks just about every other week, an affiliate program seems an ideal choice for the shit in this world to attempt to launder money.
Me personally, i think Visa and Mastercard are parsing the buck when it comes to fraud, instead of working on effective ways of combating it, they penalise everyone else.
Bobc01 is offline   Reply With Quote