Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-08-19, 10:30 PM   #26
elKabong
And Lord, we are especially thankful for nuclear power, the cleanest, safest
energy source there is. Except for solar, which is just a pipe dream

I put a phone sex number on my galleries/free sites back when XPays used to offer them, but never really made much from it.

My biggest concern was that there was absolutely no way to track sales, you basically had to have blind faith that the sponsor would pay what was owed. The opportunity for shaving was unlimited.

I'd think that anyone who's willing to pay a couple of dollars per minute and is already online, would go for cam sites instead of phone sex... same principle but you get to see who you're "talking" to.
elKabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 11:29 PM   #27
Pagan
Perverted Empress

uh.. have you ever seen a phone-sex operator? The babes on the cameras have the bodies, but the phone-sex operators don't need that. They need the voice and the intelligence plus sensuality to handle whoever calls in. There were lots of jokes going around about the girls who would go to the call centers to handle the calls. Many were of the generous (read BBW or fat) category. Yes, this was back before 8xx numbers were so widely available, and you had to go to an office to work. When I started, I had my own 8xx number and worked from home. Nobody ever saw me... and no, we did not have webcams back then, either.
Old 2008-08-20, 08:58 PM   #28
elKabong
And Lord, we are especially thankful for nuclear power, the cleanest, safest
energy source there is. Except for solar, which is just a pipe dream

What I meant when I said that phone sex and live cams were the same principle, was that with both someone could "talk" to a live person and have them do/say whatever gets them off.

You do have a point though in that sexy talk probably takes more skill than someone just spreading their legs on camera.
elKabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 10:58 PM   #29
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Most of us had websites with pictures and stories and such for our customers to enjoy while they were talking to us. That was actually how I got my start with building freesites. I also sold my services per call and not per minute, and had a nice steady list of clients with over half as repeats on a regular basis. I did have some phone sex numbers up in the early days -- MaxCash back when they were RJB Telecom!

With the huge rise in offshore numbers and good people being scammed, I got out of the business. The industry changed drastically for the worse. If you think AFF is bad on webmasters, phone sex numbers can be bad all around. Your visitors get ripped off -- some for serious cash. They think they are dialing a local or moderate-cost US number when it is in the Caribbean. Don't even think of tracking for the webmaster. And those few pennies per click? You might see them, but probably not.

I do think the webcams are a bit better deal all around, and a nice step up from the chatrooms. We get better fees, the visitors get things they can look at while they listen, and there are no dialers/long distance fees involved. I do like offering my visitors something interactive, more than caressing a mouse.
Old 2008-08-21, 02:37 AM   #30
hashbury
My name is hashbury not assburry

The phone sex companys I applied for had a very strict application. Its pretty cut and dry they charge around 3 to 4$ a min. The phone sex girl gets around 1 to 2$ per minute and the webmaster gets .75 to 1.50$ per minute. (depending on the company) They require you to be very active. One company you have to have a min of $100 in sales a month. The other ones inspect your sites and want to know how many visitors you have. Its been about 2 to 3 weeks since i applied and im still working it out with them.
The possibility of "shaving" has a bigger opertunity to happen than using regular sponsors. But fuck its not like you can really trust all sponsors anyways.