Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-12-13, 12:05 PM   #26
Pointer_Adv
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Send a message via ICQ to Pointer_Adv
Wow. Just saw this post. I just had an experience with these guys, as well.

Their "designer" called me the other day to discuss getting an affiliate program together (and he did mention that they don't do recurring). He was asking me questions and interrupting me before I could really finish. He felt the need to tell me he designed and maintained ALL of their sites at least 4 times. I do the same thing, so I was not impressed.

He finally exited the conversation by saying that I must be dealing with beginners and they were WAY beyond beginner status. Why do they have a busted ass affiliate program and have no idea how to go about marketing one if they are SO far above & beyond the rest of us? Incidentally, my client list includes Sunny Leone, AVN and Python. I would hardly call these entities "beginners".

I have to say, thumbs down on those guys for sure.
Pointer_Adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 10:23 PM   #27
NinjaSteve
Trying is the first step towards failure

That's tough. I saw that a while back when signing up for some affiliate programs and I just moved along.
Old 2007-12-13, 11:10 PM   #28
GonZo
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer_Adv View Post
Wow. Just saw this post. I just had an experience with these guys, as well.

Their "designer" called me the other day to discuss getting an affiliate program together (and he did mention that they don't do recurring). He was asking me questions and interrupting me before I could really finish. He felt the need to tell me he designed and maintained ALL of their sites at least 4 times. I do the same thing, so I was not impressed.

He finally exited the conversation by saying that I must be dealing with beginners and they were WAY beyond beginner status. Why do they have a busted ass affiliate program and have no idea how to go about marketing one if they are SO far above & beyond the rest of us? Incidentally, my client list includes Sunny Leone, AVN and Python. I would hardly call these entities "beginners".

I have to say, thumbs down on those guys for sure.
Indignancy and arrogance have always been tools of the cockholster.
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 04:37 AM   #29
jscott
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in

Send a message via ICQ to jscott
i just posted this on ADX aswell, most ppl didnt even know this
Old 2007-12-15, 08:41 AM   #30
X-Man
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

wow
i remember modfx guy from back in the day he seemed cool, this is reallly not cool.
Old 2007-12-15, 11:56 AM   #31
koolkat
Remember to rebel against the authorities, kids!

Well... it looks like either they or changing their sites to a 50/50 now, or at least two of their programs have. The one for Hanna Hilton is showing a 50% initial and 50% recurring now.

I'm still not signing up though!
Old 2007-12-15, 01:25 PM   #32
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat View Post
Well... it looks like either they or changing their sites to a 50/50 now, or at least two of their programs have. The one for Hanna Hilton is showing a 50% initial and 50% recurring now.

I'm still not signing up though!
Funny how that happened shortly after a thread on a public board was started. hhmm....
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 01:30 PM   #33
Toby
Lonewolf Internet Sales

Send a message via ICQ to Toby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Funny how that happened shortly after a thread on a public board was started. hhmm....
My guess is that the motivation for ModX to make the changes came from the other side (the models) who may have been made aware of the situation due to the public discussions. But, what do I know?
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 01:25 AM   #34
dawnkitty
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

I must admit that when I first made my affiliate thingy, I didnt do the recurring thingy and only offered 25 % ! lol, that was only like a week ago I filled it out and then after searching around and noticing most everyone was offering 50 percent I changed it and also to recurring! What about that base Pay ..Base Dollar Payout: Do you all offer that also? If so, how much??? I havent noticed anyone else offering it in my travels yet.

Thanks,

from a fast learning newbie, thanks to this board!

DK
dawnkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 08:48 AM   #35
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnkitty View Post
I must admit that when I first made my affiliate thingy, I didnt do the recurring thingy and only offered 25 % ! lol, that was only like a week ago I filled it out and then after searching around and noticing most everyone was offering 50 percent I changed it and also to recurring! What about that base Pay ..Base Dollar Payout: Do you all offer that also? If so, how much??? I havent noticed anyone else offering it in my travels yet.

Thanks,

from a fast learning newbie, thanks to this board!

DK
Love the gloves - Your site has a LOT of traffic leaks. Most of the affiliates arent going to sign up or send you traffic with those.

Pay Per Sign up is a good way to go broke when your just first starting out. I know several established programs that wait about a year to take some of their sites to PPS.
Old 2007-12-18, 08:53 AM   #36
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
My guess is that the motivation for ModX to make the changes came from the other side (the models) who may have been made aware of the situation due to the public discussions. But, what do I know?
Them models can get FIESTY!
Old 2007-12-18, 02:10 PM   #37
dawnkitty
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZo View Post
Love the gloves - Your site has a LOT of traffic leaks. Most of the affiliates arent going to sign up or send you traffic with those.

Pay Per Sign up is a good way to go broke when your just first starting out. I know several established programs that wait about a year to take some of their sites to PPS.

I had to google "traffic leaks" lol........I had a feeling that wasnt good..me havin all them banners all over the place! But the ones on the first page are what brings me visitors (toplists) and the more people click on those the higher upon the toplist I go and therefore get noticed more....please give me advice....some of them require first page but most dont.

I already have a page strictly for friends/affiliates etc.

It is almost full.

Should i make another page for the toplist banners only? This sounds so stupid, in fact i know the answer is yes...but tell me anyway....and Should I get rid of the black label ad sh_t?

Please offer any advice, but if your mean Ill cry or spank you , depending on my mood lol.
dawnkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:32 PM   #38
GonZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnkitty View Post
I had to google "traffic leaks" lol........I had a feeling that wasnt good..me havin all them banners all over the place! But the ones on the first page are what brings me visitors (toplists) and the more people click on those the higher upon the toplist I go and therefore get noticed more....please give me advice....some of them require first page but most dont.

I already have a page strictly for friends/affiliates etc.

It is almost full.

Should i make another page for the toplist banners only? This sounds so stupid, in fact i know the answer is yes...but tell me anyway....and Should I get rid of the black label ad sh_t?

Please offer any advice, but if your mean Ill cry or spank you , depending on my mood lol.
I sent you a PM. dont want to get off topic but I thought youd like to know.