Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > TGP Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-02-23, 10:44 PM   #1
Stever
Ahhh ... sweet pity. Where would my love life be without it?

Question Questions about Submitting Galleries

I am Jumping into the gallery thingy. Just signed up to a few affiliates and about to start building some pic galleries.

My question is this: How do TGP owners decide who gets to submit? Cause for any 1 adult pay site there are many little guys submitting galleries to promote the pay site all using content from the same database. Sure we all do our own little creative thing on picking which pics to use and gallery layout and stuff. But we're all tryin to promote the same sites.

Soooooo whats the deal? Am i going to have a lot of dificulty getting my submissions approved? Do I have to do a thurough scan of the TGP site to see if anything similar is being submitted or do i just submit and hope for the best?
Stever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-24, 12:26 AM   #2
selena
Oh no, I'm sweating like Roger Ebert

Send a message via ICQ to selena
Well, you've just made a very good argument against using sponsor content. Paid content is hands down the best way to go. With the exception of times it's not possible, ie, solo girl sites.

That said, I just build what I build and hope for the best. Even using paid content, you are going to run into times when someone else has sub'bed using the same photo set you have. The site uses whichever one, based on a multitude of things. (recognized submit name, first one submitted, any other of a trillion reasons)
ICQ 273551440

Last edited by selena; 2005-02-24 at 12:30 AM..
selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-24, 01:00 AM   #3
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
A lot people make their living off of building and submitting galleries, but I submit very few because I find it to be so damn frustrating. I'm not even sure why I find it so frustrating, I just do. It may be the minor differences in rules from site to site, but overall the rules are the same. There are always variables that are out of your control. You can have the fastest host on earth and someone's script is going to reject you for slow server response. You may build the cleanest galleries known to man, but you are going to get rejected for HTML errors. Shit happens. You roll with it your it rolls over you.

My suggestion is to just work your way in slowly. Read and post here whenever you can. Ask a lot of questions. A willingness to learn before you leap can do wonders in the long run. Newbies get banned everyday for simple easily avoided mistakes. It's not because the site owners are hateful. It's because they are too busy to keep weeding through someone's repeated errors.

As far as content goes, Selena said it best. Purchased content will get you much further than free sponsor content. It's not only because the content has been seen so often. Much of it just sucks.

Find a reliable host that you can afford. Avoid everything that has the word free attached to it. Try and use only .com domains. Avoid .biz, .info, and the rest of those cheapies. If someone already has the .com you want, go back to the drawing board and come up with another.

Go forth and prosper.
Old 2005-02-24, 08:03 PM   #4
GeorgeTH
Don't let a programmer design your front-end pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior
A lot people make their living off of building and submitting galleries, but I submit very few because I find it to be so damn frustrating. I'm not even sure why I find it so frustrating, I just do.
Yes, there are a lot who try to make a living of it, me (partly) included... Then again: when I visit any of the TGPs I'm submitting to, I always see that 80-90% of the listed galleries are from only a handful of people, most of which I know - you go and figure! I admit: I'm only submitting 2 or 3 niches, and that's where I know fellow submitters...

I can share UW's frustration, but I simply move on when a site's frustrating me!
My submit list gets two to three serious overhauls every month.
· if I don't get my first 2 submissions (different templates) past the script I won't try a third time!
· if I don't see any traffic within 4 weeks I drop that site, too! This might be a little to quickly (many sites are well behind with reviews), but I like to keep my content fresh (and if they review my site after 3 months the content has been out there for 3 months, too!), and I hand-submit, so every site requires some effort.

I'd say there still are options to use sponsor content (I do now, never used to during the past years) - you just have to find a site which is fresh and not connected to a major sponsor!

The hardest thing will be to get your foot into the door!
Clean design and unique lay-out helps a little, references now help a lot. But you can start with a lot of work (like 300-500 hand-submissions), watch who's listing you, make a list of the listed URLs and referrers, and use this a reference for password applications... It'll take a while (more than a month or 2!) but is probably your second best option (after spending big on submit passes - - - without experience on how to convert!)

Good luck!