Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-03-14, 12:10 PM   #1
Ann Omness
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

FPC Traffic

I had to blacklist a webmaster because he was selling his 404 traffic to the FPC Traffic sponsor. When I clicked on a bad link on one of his sites, the page that FPC was feeding tried to install four trojans on my computer.

If any of you are selling your 404 traffic, you might want to reconsider. Your sponsor might be doing something that will get you banned. If that sponsor is reselling your traffic, THEY might not even know that this is going on. It's probably best to keep personal control over where your traffic goes.
Old 2005-03-14, 02:25 PM   #2
Ravo

Send a message via ICQ to Ravo
Ann: I run fpctraffic, and would be curious to know if you recall the URL you got sent to.

There's actually two problems here;
1) We do not allow traffic to be sent directly from 404s to fpctraffic
2) We do not allow our buyers to use any type of expliots or trojans on their sites.

Could you please contact me at admin@fpctraffic.com or icq 143720824

Thanks.
Old 2005-03-15, 12:41 PM   #3
Ann Omness

I'm sorry, I didn't save the URL I was redirected to, and that was over a month ago. When the trojans started coming, I was in kind of a hurry to close down my browser. I was only thinking about this yesterday because the webmaster I blacklisted wrote to tell me that he is now handling his 404s himself and asking me to remove him from the blacklist. I didn't even know it was FPC Traffic until yesterday.

I understand that there's probably no easy way to police these things when you're selling 3rd party traffic to other 3rd parties. And there's really no way for us to report violations of your terms of service when we run across them because we have no way of knowing if or who might be buying someone's error traffic.
Old 2005-03-15, 12:53 PM   #4
Ravo

Send a message via ICQ to Ravo
No problem Ann. At about that time (4-5 weeks ago) we did have a buyer that pulled a "switch-a-roo" on us with his URL. We got some complaints about it then, and stopped sending traffic to that URL.

We're on the watch for those kinds of things, and usually spot them pretty quick. And, if we don't, our webmasters will!

Thanks again for the info!