Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-06-27, 06:07 PM   #26
Jensen
Lord help me, I'm just not that bright

after reading this thread I'm going hmmm about this whole baby thing... we are expecting our first in december and I'm so looking forward to it..
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 02:00 PM   #27
tigermom
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to tigermom
Excellent thread, with some good ideas.

I have a 2.5 and a 4.5. I breastfed, including night time breastfeeding both until each was 2, so only got back to sleeping nights about six months ago. It's really really hard working from home when you have little ones. I only started working properly again when my oldest was in kindergarten and we hired a daytime nanny for the younger. That was a year and a half ago when the little one turned 1. That's when I finally got back to some sort of a work routine with 4 hours of proper work during the morning. It's getting better all the time. Now they're both in kindergarten and I can also sneak in some work time in the evenings, sometimes in the afternoon as well.

What makes is possible is a very very supportive spouse, who does his best to give me 2-3 hours of work every afternoon/evening by taking the boys out to a playground or something. It is also a huge help to have my in-laws next door. They love the boys and take them over a lot. My wonderful mother in law also takes care of our laundry and even makes me a good balanced meal for lunch everyday plus my father in law is in charge of driving the kids to and from kindergarten, giving me another 40 mins of work everyday.

The thing with making money online is that it can take a good while before you make serious money. I was and am lucky to have a supportive husband who was willing to go on working in a workplace he didn't care for very much, just to provide us with financial stability. I am finally able to reward him this year, letting him leave his workplace and work only part time in something he actually likes
Old 2006-07-04, 07:19 PM   #28
Ms Naughty
old enough to be Grandma Scrotum

Send a message via ICQ to Ms Naughty
I finally got around to reading this thread, and it's been very contraceptive.

I'm not going to have any children