Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-10-06, 10:33 AM   #1
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
FINDPICS Announcements

Okay, first off:

AKIRAWEB hosted sites will not be listed. They are using some sort of system that declines all requests from bots and other non-browser surfers. As a result, not only can my bot not see stuff, but I am confident that googlebot and other can't either. Quite simple, there is NOTHING in it for me to list your sites.

Second up:

Starting today, I will decline all sites that do not properly link back to FINDPICS.NET. I will no longer accept the old graphic return links on new submissions. Either a text link that matches the design of other return links on your site, or using the new return links.

Finally, thanks to all the regular submitters that have kept everything up to day and wonderful. It is a pleasure to list your site :-)

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 10:02 AM   #2
Pendo
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Send a message via ICQ to Pendo
I should start to submit there..

My Freesites
Pendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 03:09 PM   #3
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Pendo, please do. My rules are not really any different from all the other majors around here... group us all together and it works well! :-)

Alex
Old 2004-10-09, 08:59 PM   #4
sake
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Send a message via ICQ to sake
rawalex, i got an error when i tried to submit today's freesite.. it worked fine or link2x

004 - domain not currently permitted to submit.

what did i do wrong?

Last edited by sake; 2004-10-09 at 09:36 PM..
sake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 12:08 PM   #5
PinkFloyd
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

shit :/

akiraweb support suck :[

its time to change hosting...what do you think about http://www.bestgalleryhosting.com/ ?
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 02:30 PM   #6
RawAlex
Took the hint.

sake, post a link, let me look.

thanks

Alex
Old 2004-10-11, 02:31 PM   #7
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkFloyd
shit :/

akiraweb support suck :[

its time to change hosting...what do you think about http://www.bestgalleryhosting.com/ ?
I am not sure, I would have to look to see. If the hosting is paid, and they are not on the "useless host" list, and you can actually get headers back to a bot, they should be fine.

Alex
Old 2004-10-11, 02:38 PM   #8
sake
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

http://www.boogielinks.com/free/foot...ree/index.html
Old 2004-10-11, 11:41 PM   #9
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Sake: First off, read this thread. Your return link is WAY out of date.

second, you always submit doorway pages to me. I don't list doorway pages, only whole sites.

Alex
Old 2004-10-12, 01:43 AM   #10
JR
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

PinkFloyd you might want to try www.powerstorm.net out. They have some good plans and great tech support. They have there own channel on the same server as greenguy and jim's irc channel is. Just join irc.sextracker.com - #powerstorm and ask any questions you want.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 07:28 AM   #11
tony
You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

Send a message via ICQ to tony
akiraweb suxxx
and their support is worth shit im movuing to another host today
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 10:45 AM   #12
swedguy
Vagabond

Send a message via ICQ to swedguy
Hey Alex. Can you explain what Cumshorts is?

swedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 02:28 PM   #13
Floyd

hey I'm trying to submit this

http://www.floyds-tgp.com/bigleague4/7/

and am getting this

Unable to process this request, checksum failure 0004 [not allowed to submit for this domain, blacklisted or other issue].
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 07:45 PM   #14
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Swedguy, that is one of the longest running typos in my life (6 years)... I never fixed it, just live with it :-)

Jayme: I will have to look, but I would say that you are using "sponsor A" content to promote "sponsor B" product. Your ads for the penis enlarging is significantly larger than the ads for the sponsors who's content you are using.

Another example: http://www.floyds-tgp.com/raimi/3/gallery2.htm

This gallery, your promotion for penispro is about 5 times larger than the promotion for lightspeed. You also appear to have shaved the images to remove the sponsor copyright logo, which is a MAJOR no-no.

Alex
Old 2004-10-13, 07:59 PM   #15
Floyd

Ok for the size of the ad... havent had a problem with it before or any of the other big link lists but thats fine. As for the pics the only modification I made to them was their size and quality. There was no copyright info on the pics to begin with when I downloaded them from lightspeeds content section. The pics are in their cumfilled panties section from what I can see a lot of those pics dont have copyright info on them..
just so i got it straight I'm banned from submitting cause the text in one of my ads is larger then the ads for the sponsor?

Last edited by Floyd; 2004-10-13 at 08:05 PM..
Old 2004-10-13, 08:38 PM   #16
swedguy
Vagabond

Send a message via ICQ to swedguy
Quote:
Originally posted by RawAlex
Swedguy, that is one of the longest running typos in my life (6 years)... I never fixed it, just live with it :-)
I just saw it when I was going through my stats and got myself a good laugh
swedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 12:56 AM   #17
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Jayme, I have to assume you are using sponsor content outside of there agreement typically attached to sponsor content. You use the content to promote their site, not someone else's site. With sponsor content, I expect that most if not all of the links on the gallery pages would go to that sponsor. The penispro ad is larger than the entire rest of the gallery and lightspeed links combined. It would appear the intention of the gallery is to sell penis pills, not lightspeed stuff.

Typically all lightspeed stuff has copyright notices on it, and their terms specify that it must have a copyright notice on it. When I see their stuff, I assume there will be a copyright on it. You might want to mention to them that their own content is in violation of their terms!

if you are interested, work on it, post up a couple of examples, and I will see what I can do.

thanks

Alex
Old 2004-10-14, 01:19 AM   #18
Floyd

Well from the looks of it they just took some pics from another site (xxx raimi) and cropped out the copyright so they could use them to promote cum filled panties as well.
Cant seem to find lightspeeds terms and conditions on their site at the moment but from the rar of the free content there is no included terms. So ill speak with my lightspeed rep and see if they are fine with it... if not then I see no problem.

Thanks for the quick replies by the way.
Old 2004-10-14, 02:30 PM   #19
RawAlex
Took the hint.

lightspeed terms and conditions off the front page before you enter their site. It is a bit sparse, but they talk clearly about copyright notices and such.

I just don't feel it is really very "fair" that you use a sponsors content, then spend most of your site actually selling something else. It isn't really treating the people who provide this content to you for free very well.

I would object less if the ads for the other product were not on the gallery pages. That seems just well past the line.

As for blacklisting, I often add domains and such to the blacklist not for cheating or other "nasty" offences, but because there is no hope that the sites will meet my listing requirements. I am working to keep my reviewing time reasonable. If I see 10 sites in a row I am not going to list, why spend the time looking at #11? If you are paying attention (and you clearly are) you will come on over here and we can work it out.

That you showed up here is about 90% of getting it sorted out. :-)

Alex
Old 2004-10-14, 02:38 PM   #20
RawAlex
Took the hint.

From the lightspeed site:

" When using our supplied content, be sure that all pictures are CLEARLY labled with our urls (ie LS-University.com), and that you are sending the traffic to the site at which the pictures can be found. This greatly helps to keep down customer dissatisfaction and chargebacks"

Alex
Old 2004-10-14, 02:49 PM   #21
Floyd

I checked with lousia my account rep with lightspeed and she had no problems with the ad. It may be different if i'm promoting another sponsor like traffic cash or topbucks but seeing as how lightspeed isnt in the business of selling penis pills... Lousia suggested I wait for steve lightspeed to get back from a trip and he'll give me the final word.. if its cool.. then cool if its not cool ill change the ad.

Quote:
Originally posted by RawAlex
From the lightspeed site:

" When using our supplied content, be sure that all pictures are CLEARLY labled with our urls (ie LS-University.com), and that you are sending the traffic to the site at which the pictures can be found. This greatly helps to keep down customer dissatisfaction and chargebacks"

Alex
yea that makes sence... however they've obviously taken pics from other sites to use on cum filled panties which is very likely why they removed the logos... perhaps they dont have enough original content for cumfilled panties... who knows.

anyways... another day another site.. back to work for me
Old 2004-10-27, 09:34 PM   #22
sake

RawAlex, I added the new recip link and I stilll get the same error when I try to submit.

freesite
Old 2004-10-27, 11:11 PM   #23
RawAlex
Took the hint.

sake, try it again, it should be fine now.

Alex
Old 2004-10-27, 11:24 PM   #24
sake

thanks, it went through now