Greenguy's Board WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-08-09, 12:11 PM   #26
Toni KatVixen
Nobody gets into heaven without a glowstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelle
Most of those guys were models/eye candy brought by producers/ site owners.
That was something I was glad not see as much of. Personally, most of those folks are so fake and full of attitude that it makes the program not as approachable. The ones that did have the eye candy actually had real genuine friendly girls that both Torn and I noticed and commented on. It was a breath of fresh air.

toni@katvixen.com
Toni KatVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 12:46 PM   #27
Torn Rose
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Ok this is our point of view.

Yes, for us this really was the best “show” we ever been to but also the lamest “show” we been to. In reality, AVN got $250 each from a group of people who also had to pay $1000+ to meet at a hotel and be spammed.

The groups that we had to meet with for business could all have met at a cheaper hotel and had better internet connections and still have had the same amount of fun and business done.

Linkster already pointed out the cost of food and drinks, I bought lunch for 5 of us at the pool and it was $100+ for burgers and fries and no booze at all. OUCH!

But personally wise, we met more people, had more doors open, got more opportunities and had the most fun then we ever had in any of the past shows that we have been to but that is all due to whom we are with now and not anything AVN did.

I mean really, what did AVN do with our $500? What did I miss that they spent the $1000’s and $1000’s they made from show passes on? I was on the “floor” a few times and saw nothing to brag about and if anything the companies who had booths should be embarrassed about it since they paid so much $ for the hotel staff to look at their promotional material since the majority of the people we saw each time we was on the floor was hotel staff and the people running the booths.

The argument could be made that the only reason that we all was there was thanks to AVN, but the people we all met with for business already have all met elsewhere without AVN having anything to do with it, so I do not think it was a factor at all.

I know personally wise I highly doubt we will ever go to another AVN show. But business wise if I am being paid to be somewhere I will be there.
Torn Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 02:37 PM   #28
[BV]
I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute

Send a message via ICQ to [BV]
Thursday, the smoking Gestapo was in full force, even outside I was asked to extinguish while waiting for my $18 cheeseburger and $7.50 beer sitting next to the railing by the beach 8 feet from the "designated smoking section"

Friday, Sat & Sun they seemed to not give a shit about smoking outside but I was embarrassed at seeing how many smokers just threw their butts anywhere with no respect whatsoever. No wonder people hate smokers. Most of them are inconsiderate slobs with no respect for others property.

The free Internet in the room was OK. (not wireless) I did a speed test and the upload was actually faster than the down. 1meg up and like 6-700kbs down. Enough to do what I needed to do.

I didn't know the show floor had breakfast until we already ate at the restaurant. They had a killer breakfast buffet. Anything you could want. Even fresh made waffles and omelets. Cost was $20.00 but included fresh squeezed OJ :-) The waitresses in there were very good & nice too.

Unlike the waitresses by the pool bar whom you had to hunt down and lasso in order to get another drink. I experienced this last time I was there.

The show was plenty big enough for me. Lots of idiots running around. I got to catch up with some "old school" friends at the show as well as meet a few new faces to put with names I've met here and other boards.

The seminars I went to were somewhat informative if you could read through the bullshit.

The wet t shirt contest Sponsored by Platinum was crazy off the hook. I enjoyed that. I was very drunk though from the sound of my voice after watching and listening to the footage i took the next day. :-)

The bikini contest was OK, very very tame, and fucking sweltering hot as hell. at least 99% humidity. I literally had to have a towel from the cabana to stop the steady stream of sweat pouring off me and onto my camera. Thanks to my old friend Alen from LootDaddy to letting me hang out at his cabana and giving me a towel.

All in all i give the show a 5 out of 10.

cheers,
BV
Old 2006-08-13, 02:12 AM   #29
diggz
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Send a message via ICQ to diggz
This was my first show (2nd year in the biz as a webmaster) and I went to handle some biz and even more so for the tax writeoff.

I copped a corner suite running 4 bills a night and made a vacation of it with my girl. I have gotta say the suite was lovely... not a single complaint there. It turned into the place to meet for me & all my partners due to it's spaciousness and lovely balcony. Two thumbs up for corner suites at the Diplomat.

I was on the 17th floor, directly above the pool, so I used a wireless connection through one of the cabanas (internext-cabana) that was open the whole time (even in the days after the convention). No problem with it at all. Even had a better wi-fi connection than cellular (tmobile was dead throughout the building for me). The first day I was there, I saw an available connection simply named "internext" .. but it was gone within hours of my arrival.

I didn't even really plan on doing any biz on the exhibition floor, but was hoping to meet my best performing sponsors, who ended up not being on the floor anyway. Did get to meet some guys in the biz, just by wandering around. Duke from facialabuse.com, Jason from vidsvidsvids.com & Jay from jays-xxx-links.com were all great guys to finally meet. Cheers to linking with other webmasters!

If I had it to do over, I would not attend a single one of offsite parties. Those were a total waste of time. I would stay at the convention non-stop. There was alot of networking I missed out on cuz of partying. And the free alcohol was alot more accessible within the westin!

I do have to agree with a previous poster about the bar at the pool. I bought there one day and lord have mercy that shit was overpriced as a mufucker! Quote from the bartender giving me my change "Tips included" ... what the fuck I didn't want to spend damn near $30 on 2 drinks!? All the alcohol from that bar was watered down.. I had like 5 red bull vodkas and didn't catch a buzz.

I didn't even realize there was any breakfast, I missed every seminar, hit the floor for maybe 5 minutes... and have to say I can't wait to do it again!

The Westin sure knew how to stick it to you good though... I swear me and my group paid $30 for water one night at dinner.

Diggz Hits Internext

diggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 01:09 PM   #30
GonZo
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

I just wantto chime in and say I got a lot of benefit from the show. I havent been out to once since Jan as I choose them more carefully becasue I dont have the time to be gone that long.

Yes it was expensive. If you went off site you cured that problem. And the best meals I had at the Westin were at the pool bar. As in Vegas at convention time you learn to adopt a waiter and make the most of it.

For the first time EVER I attended 3 seminars and did not walk out of one of them. The Legal discussion was interesting. The Marketing to Mainstream was excellent and the Good Vs Evil debate was very spirited as well.

I dont smoke so it wasnt an issue for me.

The connectivity was fine for me. I was on the 9th floor but I didnt spend a lot of time in my room or online. Wireless was good enough that I connected to the AEBN Radio server and we could have broadcast there live. We chose to record the Ray Guhn/JIm Manley interview for a podcast to insure as many people as possible can hear it.

AVN knows they are in trouble. Right now they arent worried about Florida next year. [My bet is you saw the last one of those shows] They are more concerned with the Jan. show.

Its unfortunate that they have had to get into this $300 a ticket mode. I was good to releax for a few days and do straight up business with people that had a vested interest in working as opposed to the same old people calling each other gay and twinks in an attempt to gain attention.

For the most part you didnt have to ask yourself what the people there did in this business as much as you have in the past.

An interesting aside. Anyone else notice how a lot of the snooty program owners are more friendly toward everyone as opposed to acting like a player?
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote