Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2004-07-29, 06:21 PM   #176
madmaxtgp
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Quote:
No worries I didnt take it as an attack.

my rule is if it could happen it would happen to me. I have been cursed with a streak of bad luck lately.

not with this issue but other things
Sorry to hear that, hope your luck changes
madmaxtgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 07:09 PM   #177
SlickRick
I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me

Send a message via ICQ to SlickRick Send a message via AIM to SlickRick
No big deal. If life was easy it would be fucking boaring.
SlickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 07:14 PM   #178
AcidMaX
Programming till my fingers bleed.

I think I am more confused now that I read this thread. Riddle me this:

1. Are the sites that are already on my servers subject to this new regulation , or are we unsure of that?

2. Does this law apply to simply nude girls or is it just for masturbation, hardcore type content?

3. Is this law proposed? or is it set in stone for 8/24 and I better have my shit together?

4. What type of documenation? Just a valid drivers license? Do we need a 2nd piece of ID as well? Didn't someone say this had to be a us or us verifiable document? Does tha mean content producers will need to produce a passport at minimum for us US webmasters?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
AcidMaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 09:10 PM   #179
xxxjay
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to xxxjay Send a message via AIM to xxxjay
Quote:
Originally posted by AcidMaX
I think I am more confused now that I read this thread. Riddle me this:

1. Are the sites that are already on my servers subject to this new regulation , or are we unsure of that?

2. Does this law apply to simply nude girls or is it just for masturbation, hardcore type content?

3. Is this law proposed? or is it set in stone for 8/24 and I better have my shit together?

4. What type of documenation? Just a valid drivers license? Do we need a 2nd piece of ID as well? Didn't someone say this had to be a us or us verifiable document? Does tha mean content producers will need to produce a passport at minimum for us US webmasters?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
1 = yes, but there is some debate on the topic

2 = if a boob is showing, would get the docs

3 = written, but there is a "comment period" till 8/24. It is very doubtful anything will change.

4 = Legal ID, yes, no, yes, yes but none seem to be concerned.
Old 2004-07-29, 09:29 PM   #180
chilihost
Look at 'em. Watchin' my TV. Sittin on my couch. You better not be in my ass groove!

On the ID question, it has to be issued by a US state or the district of columbia. For overseas ID it has to be a passport which is verifiable by US officials.

Quote:
75.1 Definitions
(b) Picture identification card means a document issued by the United States, a State government or a political subdivision thereof, or a United States territory that bears the photograph and the name of the individual identified, and provides sufficient specific information that it can be accessed from the issuing authority, e.g., a passport issued by the United States or a foreign country, driver’s license issued by a State or the District of Columbia, or identification card issued by a State or the District of Columbia.
cheers,
Luke
Old 2004-07-29, 11:13 PM   #181
Alphawolf
Don't come to Florida for vacation. We're closed.

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxjay
1 = yes, but there is some debate on the topic
Regarding whether one's content that is FTP'd prior to 8/24:

How would a potential investigator decide if your images were FTP'd before 8/24?

Does "published" mean when the images were taken or as far as secondary producers are concerned...when we upload the images to our server for the 1st time?

It would sure suck to have a server crash and have to upload all your older content all over again if published = time it becomes visible on the site.
Alphawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 05:28 PM   #182
xxxjay

My guess is every time your page is logged into it "published". Whenever your page is edited - I would also assume that means "published".

Don't expect a lot of flexibity from Assclown and his cronies here. The best thing we can do is vote Bush out of office and get an AG that is less concerned with pushing his right wing religious agenda down your throat. The rules will still be in place, but force driving this inquisition will no longer be there.
Old 2004-07-30, 05:53 PM   #183
lassiter
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Send a message via ICQ to lassiter Send a message via Yahoo to lassiter
Quote:
Originally posted by chilihost
On the ID question, it has to be issued by a US state or the district of columbia. For overseas ID it has to be a passport which is verifiable by US officials.

Not quite. New rules will now require 2 photo IDs for ALL models, both of which must be from a "government-accessible database." University and employment IDs are specifically not allowed by the new rules. My attorneys advise the only safe interpretation is that for each model for whom you are the custodian of records, you must have on file copies of BOTH a state-issued drivers license AND a US passport. Content with foreign models without US passports cannot be used, since the DoJ would not have access to foreign government databases to verify the documents actually exist.
lassiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 06:15 PM   #184
Alphawolf
Don't come to Florida for vacation. We're closed.

Quote:
Originally posted by lassiter
Content with foreign models without US passports cannot be used, since the DoJ would not have access to foreign government databases to verify the documents actually exist.
That could be a big problem if others are advised the same thing.
Alphawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 11:30 PM   #185
xxxjay

Quote:
Originally posted by Alphawolf
That could be a big problem if others are advised the same thing.
One thing that may work to our advantage is that this law is so burley that courts will recognise the ridiculousness of it, just like they did with the COPA ruling.

One of Ashfuck's downfalls if he often oversteps his bounds and I think people can see that.