Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-02-08, 05:06 PM   #1
Mr Exotic
rifuckingdiculous

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Exotic Send a message via AIM to Mr Exotic
Letting Everyone Know About MovieFuckFest.com

I just want to make sure everyone knows what happened to my link list moviefuckfest.com. Yesterday I had a HD failure on my server, the only files that were lost were the mysql databases. And unfortunately I did not have a back up (lesson learned there). I lost everything in my category pages. Including all my free site listings and category link trades.

For my submitters, I am truely sorry. The only way I can get your sites back up is if you resubmit them. So if you have ever submitted 1 site or many sites please resubmit them whenever you can get the time. It doesnt matter if you submit them all in one day. And to make up for your troubles feel free to submit all your free movie sites (even ones without my recips), I am allowing this until March 31st.

To all my category link trades. I will be spending every second I can restoring all your links, right now this is my #1 priority. As of now I am probably getting close to having 50% of all category link trades restored. I will post in this thread when I have everyone linked back up. So far I think I am doing a pretty good job of remembering all my link deals, but if you see I have messed up on something please let me know and I will get it fixed ASAP.

I have learned a very valuable lesson about making back ups, and am doing everything possible to make sure this does not happen ever again. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any troubles this may of caused any of you.
Old 2007-02-09, 10:55 AM   #2
Mr Exotic
rifuckingdiculous

I now have all my link trades restored. If you have category link trades with me you might want to have a quick look to make sure I got them all.
Old 2007-02-09, 04:22 PM   #3
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Thanks for the updates Mr E...I'll try to take a look at our trades later this evening. Will hit you up if anything is amiss

Seriously, sorry you had data loss...that so blows

Something to consider...

Not wanting to pay the high fees associated with host backups, I had an extra drive added to my server. Every night the active drive is backed up to the spare drive. Not a really elegant bu solution, but it works
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 04:50 PM   #4
Mr Exotic
rifuckingdiculous

I am having them email me a copy of the database everyday. Not sure if this will be a viable solution when I get a big big database, but for now it will work fine. My server already has 2 hds on it, so that may be something I could ask them about setting up. Thanks for the idea.