Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Programming & Scripting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-10-15, 06:55 PM   #1
LD
wtfwjd?

Email Problems after changing servers

I recently moved from GoDaddy to Naked Hosting. I had the email account "webmaster (at) lusciousdelights.com" at GoDaddy. I set it up on the new server, deleted it from GoDaddy's server, fired off a few test emails and everything seemed to work.

Now however, I am not getting all my emails. For example, Link-o-Rama submits and Smut Gremlins submits which I know sends acknowledgments and acceptance/rejects no longer come through. I tried submitting to them with a different email, and it worked, so I know something's screwy with my webmaster address.

I contacted Naked, and they have tried to help but so far offered nothing which might explain the problem...so I decided to seek wisdom here...

Any ideas?
Old 2007-10-16, 10:44 AM   #2
SinSational
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

Send a message via ICQ to SinSational Send a message via AIM to SinSational
are you using godaddy's name-servers or your hosts? how long has it been since you updated the name-servers? dns could be bouncing while propagating,

with a few tests, your host should be able to fix this or at least tell you the issue.
SinSational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 03:09 PM   #3
LD
wtfwjd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinSational View Post
are you using godaddy's name-servers or your hosts? how long has it been since you updated the name-servers? dns could be bouncing while propagating,

with a few tests, your host should be able to fix this or at least tell you the issue.
I had transferred my domain to the new host...or so i thought, after checking with Godaddy it looks like it is still there. At any rate, I think you might be on to something..Working with tech support now.
Old 2007-10-29, 11:16 AM   #4
Aspire
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Any chance the msgs are ending up in spam/bulk mail folders? Small thing yes, but sometimes goes unnoticed.

A buddy of mine once thought his PS2 was broken. When I came to look at it, the power cord was missing and he hadn't thought to check for that!

The DNS propagation could be the culprit too. It takes up to 48 hours for the world routing tables to completely update. So it's possible that servers in diff locations might not yet know the route to your new home.
Aspire is offline   Reply With Quote