Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Possible Cheaters
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-05-06, 10:56 AM   #1
Netpiddler
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Send a message via ICQ to Netpiddler
Angry Let's just make it a blacklist Thursday

No matter what light you try to put on it or how you package it - theft is theft. It doesn't matter whether its content, graphics, ideas, bandwidth... its all the same and will always have the same end result.

It is especially despicable when someone chooses to steal from another who not only spends a huge amount of time freely giving of himself to help others - but to steal from the same person who has spent considerable time helping him. |skull|

It all started in August of 2003 when ardentgent (mark) asked for my help with his site The Panty Hamper and I found he had copied my complete warning text and warning text scrollbox for use on his site without my permission.

Knowing ardentgent was a newbie I "tactfully" explained the problem with what he'd done, but allowed him to keep it to help him out. It was a site warning afterall and while I don't believe having such an item on a site has been proved or disproved in court as a means of protecting a webmaster in the event of a minor accessing a site - I am a firm believer in them and wanted to see one on this site...

Soon after he asked me to look at a gallery of his for some input. The problem was, the gallery used one sponsor's graphic to promote another. Again I explained the problem and he was warned to change it immediately.

Now I find he has again stolen my own custom graphics AND is using the same stolen sponsor graphic to promote over 6 other sponsor sites. |raygun|

I have not only given ardentgent a lot of my personal time, I helped him with coding errors on his main site. I even built some custom tables for the site to help show him how to structure sales text etc...

This was your 3rd strike ardentgent and you must now deal with your decision to steal from me. It now just makes me wonder what else has been stolen from me that I haven't yet found - or from other webmasters that they themselves are not yet aware of...

For the record this gallery has three stolen graphics on it. The animated CLICK FOR YOUR RISK FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP! is used on a number of my galleries - here is one of them.

The two graphics at the very bottom of the same gallery are also my own graphics and graphics I used when I designed a number of tours recently for a sponsor - not the same sponsor promoted on his gallery...

Here is the gallery he likely took those graphics from.

I have about 20 galleries of his with stolen graphics on them but I have already tarnished GG & Jim's great board enough with this issue...

All of the following sponsors need to be aware that they are being promoted with stolen graphics (I have already been in contact with many of them):

WegCash
Extreme Paychecks
Sunny Dollars
SIC Cash
Silver Cash
Tushy Cash
Lightspeed Cash
Nikki Dollars

TGP and Linklist owners beware - take action as you see fit.

Sorry for the public flaming here GG & Jim but in this case it was very necessary.

The good news is help is always just a post or email away - it wasn't always this easy to find people to help you become successful. So for all you newbies and not-so-newbies out there, learn from other's mistakes, educated yourself, and ask for help when you need it or just feel stuck...

Most importantly - always remember that taking "shortcuts" usually only results in a "shortcut" out of the business. Once you are labeled a cheater you will always be thought of as one. Your name is everything in this biz - NEVER put yourself at risk for being cut short for taking shortcuts...
Netpiddler is offline   Reply With Quote