Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-06-15, 08:34 AM   #1
ecchi
Banned

Sunday 15th June, and apparently I've been bitten by a radioactive spider, or injected with lizard DNA or something!

Yesterday I went to the hospital for an eye check. I have a degenerative problem with my eyes that can only get worse. The best the hospital can do is slow it down. In an ideal world they could halt the decline. But it is not possible for my eyes to get any better. Hoping for that would be like a man who has had both legs amputated hoping to wake up and find that they have grown back again.

So yesterday they did the usual eye scans and compared my yesterday's with the ones taken just over a year ago, and the the doctor declared that my eyes had got a bit better!

What caused this miracle? Well they did not tell me but here is my guess:

I am supposed to be checked every six months, or more often. It is just over a year since my last appointment due to errors, delays, and cancelled appointments at their end. After the last delay they offered me an appointment in September. When I told them this was not good enough as by then it would be about a year and a half since my last "six monthly" appointment they told me that they had nothing sooner. So I took the person's name and told them that as this delay would defiantly have caused further deterioration of my eyes I would be taking the matter up with the Minister Of Health. (In Britain most hospitals are free, and controlled by the state. The Minister Of Health is the government minister in charge of the hospitals, so effectively their boss, and he is the person whose job it is to penalise or close down hospitals that are "under performing".) Suddenly, with that threat looming they found an appointment available two weeks later, which was yesterday.

Now I am thinking that my threat to pass the matter on to the Minister Of Health and to point out to him that my eye condition will have been made worse by their delay in giving me an appointment might have something to do with my miraculous improvement. Not that I am saying that someone adjusted my previous scan so that the decay in yesterday's scan would be normal and not "made worse by the delay" - and that they overdid it a bit so that when the doctor compared it with yesterday's scan it appeared that I had done the impossible and got a bit better. It is always possible that there is a god, and feeling bored one day He amused himself by creating the miracle of my mystic improvement. It is also possible that my mother had an affair with a gecko, and there are gecko genes in my system that just kicked in. But I'm thinking the latter two are unlikely!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 09:35 AM   #2
pc
Shift Out / X-On

Send a message via ICQ to pc
Sounds like a nasty conspiracy theory. The self healing mutant version I like better.
pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 12:01 PM   #3
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Ecch just wait until you wake up with extra limbs.

Didn't get home until after 2 this morning and then worked on the two sided flyers for our next event. Plus got the basics up for the Lesbo GoGo site.

Just finished washing my car and next I'm getting a new tattoo this afternoon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.5 X 5 moonshine.jpg (112.1 KB, 172 views)
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote