Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Concerts aka live music (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=72348)

Evil Chris 2021-06-25 04:15 PM

Concerts aka live music

Still waiting for Pearl Jam to re-schedule their spring 2020 tour. Tickets are sitting in my Apple wallet.

I purchased Judas Priest tix recently. The show is supposed to happen in November. Fingers crossed that it'll happen.

jollyhumper 2021-06-25 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 564799)
I purchased Judas Priest tix recently. The show is supposed to happen in November. Fingers crossed that it'll happen.

Cool! I would also like to see them again, but it's sad the original guitarists are gone now. (Faulkner has earned his place for sure, though)
I'm going to my first live show on Tuesday.
It's not really a band I'm that into, but I'm so hungry for live music, I'll eat almost anything :)

J:)lly

Evil Chris 2021-06-28 02:41 PM

I've seen Priest more times than I can remember and I was really disappointed when KK Downing left the band, but I saw them on their first big tour with Richie Faulkner (2011 I think) and he has been a perfect replacement. Andy Sneap also does a great job replacing Glenn Tipton on tours.

Ramster 2021-06-29 07:02 AM

We have tickets to Mortley Crue. Def Leopard, Poison and Joan Jett for August 2022 in Buffalo. Was suppose to be in 2020 |huh then in 2021, now it's 2022 |thumb

I think Ottawa's first concert is happening in September then after that, Eric Church country guy in January 2022. Everything else in 2021 as far as I can see at LiveNation shows rescheduled.

JustRobert 2021-06-29 10:00 AM

Evil Chris,
You probably already know this but just in case, KK Downing has a band called KK's Priest that recently released new music.

Evil Chris 2021-06-29 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 564852)
Evil Chris,
You probably already know this but just in case, KK Downing has a band called KK's Priest that recently released new music.

Yeah I heard about that, and checked out Hellfire Thunderbolt. It's pretty good, lot's of great "Priest-esque" riffs in there. Downing can definitely still shred.

Evil Chris 2021-06-29 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 564850)
We have tickets to Mortley Crue. Def Leopard, Poison and Joan Jett for August 2022 in Buffalo. Was suppose to be in 2020 |huh then in 2021, now it's 2022 |thumb

I think Ottawa's first concert is happening in September then after that, Eric Church country guy in January 2022. Everything else in 2021 as far as I can see at LiveNation shows rescheduled.

That Def Leppard/Motely Crue/Poison tour scheduled for next summer looks like it would be a lot of fun. No Canadian dates yet though.

I keep checking the Pearl Jam site for any updates on the postponed tour. I will be seeing them in Kanata.

jollyhumper 2021-06-29 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 564800)
I'm going to my first live show on Tuesday.
It's not really a band I'm that into, but I'm so hungry for live music, I'll eat almost anything :)
J:)lly

I could've saved the money.
The backing band was awesome, but the main artist sucked big time.
(This is a cooperation between a controversial norwegian rapper and musicians from two different bands, as backing.)
As said, the band *really* delivered, but the main act was apparently just calculating the whole thing. After being called back to the stage twice, he (and the band) delivered their biggest hit so "let's do this" that it hurt. (That hit is somewhat one of the biggest tunes to hit Norway EVER, when it comes to describe "mentalt health struggles".
Today's renditition was pure "let's do this and get home"

|huh|angry||angry||angry||angry||angry||angry||angry|

Fuck OnklP. FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU

Not even 1.8 years of covid-restriction is enough to accept OnklP's behavior today. FuckFuckFuck you OnklP. Seriously

Ramster 2021-06-30 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 564856)
That Def Leppard/Motely Crue/Poison tour scheduled for next summer looks like it would be a lot of fun. No Canadian dates yet though.

I keep checking the Pearl Jam site for any updates on the postponed tour. I will be seeing them in Kanata.

Kanata? Cool. When and if it happens, maybe I'll join you and whoever for a few drinks and say hello.

Greenguy 2021-07-02 06:39 AM

I'm so desperate for live music that I got The Bitch & I tix to see Styx at the Erie County Fair on Aug 14th |singer||JollyHumper||drummer|

Those of you that know me know that I FUCKING HATE the Erie County Fair, so this is a big step for me|lol|

JustRobert 2021-07-02 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564880)
I'm so desperate for live music that I got The Bitch & I tix to see Styx at the Erie County Fair on Aug 14th |singer||JollyHumper||drummer|

If you like their music they put on a solid show. Their |drummer| is fantastic! Wish I was going.

Hell, wish I could see Greenie around all the slackjawyokels wearing MAGA apparel |lol|

Greenguy 2021-07-03 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 564882)
If you like their music they put on a solid show. Their |drummer| is fantastic! Wish I was going.

We saw them open for Def Leppard in 2015 & they were great! I remember thinking that Tommy Shaw |JollyHumper| was still a Rock God |headbang|

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 564882)
Hell, wish I could see Greenie around all the slackjawyokels wearing MAGA apparel |lol|

You forgot about the "unwashed masses" but I did forget about the MAGA aspect to it |facepalm|

hincapie 2021-07-04 04:13 AM

I involuntarily went to a live concert on friday ... they played Smoke on the water on keyboards and sang Proud Mary in falsetto. Maybe the corona restrictions on concerts werent so bad afterall!

Evil Chris 2021-07-13 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564880)

Those of you that know me know that I FUCKING HATE the Erie County Fair, so this is a big step for me|lol|

Did you ever go to Crystal Beach (near Fort Erie) amusement park when you were a kid? I have great childhood memories of that place and I was sad when I learned it had closed down many years ago.

Evil Chris 2021-07-13 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 564863)
Kanata? Cool. When and if it happens, maybe I'll join you and whoever for a few drinks and say hello.

Hopefully something yeah. My brother in law lives about 5 min from the arena, and we may go there first though. I'm bringing my son with me. That is, when it actually happens!

hincapie 2021-07-14 02:27 AM

Going to a live concert with a local band on friday, first real concert in ages :)