Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Another Day, Another Time (concert video suggestion) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=66448)

Simon 2014-02-18 08:50 AM

Another Day, Another Time (concert video suggestion)

If you have Showtime (which has the exclusive on this) and you haven't watched "Another Day, Another Time" yet, this is a damn good concert. I didn't even know I liked this kind of music until I watched it.

From the page on the Showtime site:

Quote:

ANOTHER DAY/ANOTHER TIME: CELEBRATING THE MUSIC OF "INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS"

A concert inspired by the Coen Brothers' film, 'Inside Llewyn Davis,' which is set in the 1960s Greenwich Village folk music scene, featuring live performances of the film's music, as well as songs from the early 1960s. Performers include the Avett Brothers, Joan Baez, Dave Rawlings Machine, Rhiannon Giddens, Lake Street Dive, Colin Meloy, The Milk Carton Kids, Marcus Mumford, Punch Brothers, Patti Smith, Willie Watson, Gillian Welch, and Jack White, as well as the star of the film Oscar Isaac.
From my local listings, it's on Wednesday at 10PM, Thursday at 6:30PM, Sunday at 11PM, Monday at 6:30PM, and at noon on 02/28.

I caught it on my dvr weeks ago and haven't let it get erased yet since I've watched it several times (good background music when I'm working).

If you decide to watch it, let me know how you like it.

:)

Cleo 2014-02-18 08:56 AM

Watched the two trailers on their page. Not my kind of music though.

Simon 2014-02-18 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 532405)
Watched the two trailers on their page. Not my kind of music though.

I saw the trailers for the movie 'Inside Llewyn Davis' and heard some of the music. Still didn't think I liked it. But my dvr disagreed and recorded the concert anyway. I had it on in the background the first time, and found myself watching it instead of working. I definitely would have said it's not my kind music too. Now I have a new appreciation for it.

And it's good to listen to when I'm |Simon|

Greenguy 2014-02-18 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 532406)
And it's good to listen to when I'm |Simon|

But, is it good to listen to when you're |sandm ???
DAMN YOU SIMON!!!

Simon 2014-02-18 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 532411)
But, is it good to listen to when you're |sandm ???

|evilgrin|

But seriously...no, not for me.

Personally I prefer either absolute silence or some very low rumble of classical or Gregorian chants or white noise. Plus, flogging or whipping to the beat of a song puts your control in the musician's hands, and they're not in the room to gauge reactions.

Silence is good when the victim...err, consenting play partner is hooded or blindfolded because it magnifies the smallest boot scrape or chain clank, and lets whispered suggestions seem like veiled threats or commands that must not be refused.

Aren't you glad you asked ???

|lol|

However, it is good to listen to while cooking...is there a smilie here for that?

TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME!!!