Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Link Lists & Getting Listed (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Recip links to GG & Smut Gremlin (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=5924)

finnbear 2004-03-18 05:00 AM

Recip links to GG & Smut Gremlin

I cannot submit my site because I put recips to main.html.

What is the reason that is not accepted?

Greenguy 2004-03-18 07:55 AM

Did the submit go thru or did you get an error while submitting?

URL?

:)

finnbear 2004-03-18 10:09 AM

Script told met that it can't find a recip link so I cannot submit. Recip link is in main.html, not in index.html.

I can change it, no big deal, I just wanted my site look different than normal free site so recips were better put in main page.

Surfn 2004-03-18 10:27 AM

Is your firewall accepting cookies?

Cleo 2004-03-18 10:31 AM

The script probably only looks at the warning page.

I never use main page recips for many reasons including this one.

Surfn 2004-03-18 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cleo
The script probably only looks at the warning page.

I never use main page recips for many reasons including this one.

I've subbed main page recips to LOR and you in the past.

Greenguy 2004-03-18 10:39 AM

My script looks at the page that you put in that has the recip - this seems to be happening a lot recently & I have no idea why, as I have no changed anything in my script :(

Surfn 2004-03-18 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Greenguy
My script looks at the page that you put in that has the recip - this seems to be happening a lot recently & I have no idea why, as I have no changed anything in my script :(
I'll make one up and let you know what happens :)

finnbear 2004-03-18 10:45 AM

Yes. I haven't any problems before I put my recips to main page.

Well, I put them back on index, no big deal.

finnbear 2004-03-18 10:50 AM

So that was the error! I'm an idiot - I usually have recips in index so I put recip URL as usual and it was wrong URL, index.html when it should be main.html

This hasn't been my day. For some strange reason I woke up at 4:45am and cannot felt sleep again. I just slept some 10-15 minutes and then popped awake again. I got enough at 6:30am and got up.

I fix it and submit again first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not going to do anything more today - too dangerous ...

Surfn 2004-03-18 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by finnbear
So that was the error! I'm an idiot - I usually have recips in index so I put recip URL as usual and it was wrong URL, index.html when it should be main.html

This hasn't been my day. For some strange reason I woke up at 4:45am and cannot felt sleep again. I just slept some 10-15 minutes and then popped awake again. I got enough at 6:30am and got up.

I fix it and submit again first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not going to do anything more today - too dangerous ...

That'll do it. lol

At least you motivated me to make a new site. :)

Ramster 2004-03-18 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by finnbear

I had a feeling you might be doing that. You're in auto mode when submitting. |jester|

finnbear 2004-03-18 11:15 AM

Submitting is the hardest part. Easier for me as I don't mirror my sites. I submit by hand but of course I use TypeItIn.

I relax tonight, I tasted new white wine (I make it myself) and it's real smooth so I may destroy some of it, watch South Park and Jerry Springer Show (I love Jerry, his show is mad. Fake or not, I don't care, it's my favourite).

This kind of sleeplessness happens 3-4 times every year. No big deal.

I apologize, Greenguy. I shouldn't work today at all.

Surfn 2004-03-18 11:43 AM

I just subbed to 4 LL's with main page links np. I'll bet you check a bit closer the next few times you submit. ;)

Greenguy 2004-03-18 12:41 PM

finnbear - don't worry - we've all been there :D